ORAS UU Rating League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
alright we have the final round for this league before it closes until the sm one opens up!

FINAL ROUND: sniperr vs IronBullet

credits to user: Metric for the team. thanks eht for helping out with descriptions bc I'm lazy :v

Doublade (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Doublade gives this team an important answer to Pokemon that can potentially cause big problems such as Reuniclus or Lucario. With Shadow Claw it's able to check Pokemon such as Gyarados better. It also helps out with Beedrill by virtue of its typing. Something which this team sorely lacked a reliable answer to. Something that doublade helps out with.

Slowking (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Scald
- Psyshock

Slowking is one of the fire type checks on this team, and the only one that doesn't mind a burn. it's a trick room set in order to compensate for its slow speed and has nasty plot to help it punish teams under trick room. max special attack is used to accomplish this.

Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 112 HP / 164 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Spikes

the team needed something to beat water types which is where roserade comes in. it also helps with providing a fairy type answer as doublade does not carry iron head. spikes are necessary as this team does not carry hazard removal so pressuring the opposition to defog / focus on removing this teams hazards is beneficial. hp fire allows it to beat pokemon such as forretress that could freely set up spikes otherwise.

Crobat (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- Quick Attack

Crobat was chosen due to the fact that the team was extremely slow so the requirement of a fast breaker was necessary and crobat fit the bill. it's the standard choice band set with quick attack which allows it to pick off weakened pokemon such as beedrill that might stay in thinking they can u turn out.

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall

Entei was looking really annoying and I lacked Stealth Rock, so I decided to add standard tank MPert here. It gives us a secondary Fire resist, a VolTurn check, and a backup Crawdaunt check, with only one round of Stealth Rock needed to outspeed and OHKO the latter with EQ. I can get away with having a physical Fire resist with no recovery and no cleric because I have Slowking, but I got to be selective with how I use this thing.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Rest
- Snore
- Calm Mind

At this point I only had two setup 'mons and neither of them break stall very well and I also lacked a Hydreigon check, so I decided to add Snoreveon on the end. Not having a cleric really sucks but Sylv can still act as a status absorber with Rest, and stall, which I'm kind of weak to otherwise, doesn't have much for this once I get rid of the Steel-type + phaser.

u guys have until 27/4/17

Last edited:

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
k so this is finally done.

Result: IronBullet wins

sniper acknowledged threats to this team, such as chandelure and infernape, correctly. he replaces crobat with mega aerodactyl in order to be able to pursuit nuisances to the team such as mega beedrill and chandelure. he also replaced sylveon with a defensive calm mind florges in order to accommodate for the increased problems with fighting types. he also added pursuit on doublade over swords dance however this makes doublade extremely passive and is a bit redundant with mega aerodactyl as a teammate. he changed the item on slowking to rindo berry in order to better accommodate for nasty plot grass knot infernape. he added leaf storm over giga drain on roserade in order to make up for the lack of breaking power which also is greatly appreciated. however, his changes did end up making the team a more passive and detracted from the offensive nature of the team and made it more balanced. without wish on florges the team is faced with longevity issues especially against pokemon such as entei and infernape especially when paired with krookodile or hydreigon. due to the fact that slowking is offensive it also causes the team to struggle a lot more with pokemon such as mega swampert. he also needed a lot of changes to accomplish his goal which is generally a mark against raters.

IB on the other hand only had one major change of cobalion over doublade in order to help check major threats to the team such as specs hydreigon, crawdaunt and krookodile. the team loses a fighting immunity but this isn't too much of a loss as crobat, sylveon and slowking are still present to check fighting types. his next change of a more defensive slowking over the current offensive trick room set was a smart one as that allows him to check mega swampert, entei and mienshao a bit better. however, this does come at the cost of being able to switch into the nidos which ended up being a threat to the final version of his team. lastly IB recommended pursuit to help pressure beedrill which is certainly valuable. he also recommended an optional change of modest nature on sylveon but a timid nature would be preferred since this team struggles enough to switch in to crawdaunt as is. But overall, IB just needed less changes to make the team more effective and as a result he is declared the winner. congrats on your great run sniper!

well that brings this to a close, shit was fun, lock it.

i'll edit the rates in later

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well that's it for the ORAS edition - apologies for my ridiculously late submission but we got there in the end. We'll hopefully be doing an SM UU league somewhere down the line. Thanks to everyone who participated in this, and congrats to Killintime and sniper for doing especially well :) Major props to Cynde as well for hosting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)