CAP 34 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP
1710992363713.png

Quetzalcoatl v2! Strayed away from being too bird-like. A huge jump from the first iteration. Still has a ways to go though, but as a transitional piece I like this a lot! I'm open for any feedback on this cuz I think this has loads of potential! ^^

Mod edit: Oversized image removed

Last edited:
WIP
Untitled124_20240310193438.png

I didn't really like how the legs and arms were just admittedly tacked on so I changed them around to be somewhat wings and legs to help make it look more Dragon type, since the more I looked at the original design the more it felt like a Water/Poison type instead of a Dragon/Poison type.
Also I didn't want to learn into a music design so the mouth is just going to be "a terrifying chamber of sound" in the same vain as Exploud, being akin to the bellowing call of a whale or a dinosaur.
Finally I just made some minor changes to the body, breaking up the body so it's not just a solid block of a dark purple.

Mod edit: Oversized image removed
OP edit: Fixed it!

Last edited:
WIP
Murène.png

Moray eels can be toxic (some have a toxic mucus and others accumulate toxins as they feed, making humans who eat them ill). There's a species of moray eel called the dragon moray. I've combined this with a pipe organ for the sound aspect, and this organ is made of sponges (which can also be toxic). And since moray eels hide in cavities and pipes, it works quite well. I'm not totally satisfied with the colors and the design, I find that the Poison type doesn't stand out enough, but it's a good starting point.

WIP
1710107177342.png

Forgive me for the sudden shifting of gears (lol) but I had a big spark of inspiration to create something entirely new. A steam engine locomotive crossed with a puppet used for dragon dances. There's things to fix but if there's enough support for this then I will go all out for it. Choo choo bois! :)

Last edited:
WIP

1117 sin título_20240311153521.png

Decided to ditch the spray can parts that made it look steel-type (exept the spray cannon) and gave it a better pose, thanks to the feedback i got on the server i also made the design more readable and made the head and torso stand out more than the tail, im very happy with how its looking and i really hope we get smth like dazzling for the primary ability

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
WIP

1710192455807.png

refined the pose and added some details to help integrate the gong more into the design. posting this as an update because of how this is a new drawing/transformative angle on the original concept. i'm insanely happy where this is; will probably work on lining soon once i fix up a couple shapes

ty Sunfished for their amazing pose suggestion

WIP
hoatzin_with_colors_.png

i scrapped the sea monster for this classical music + conductor + hoatzin/archaeopteryx
the key art is done i just have to make the supporting material now
i don't know if i'm supposed to delete the post with the sea monster in it but if i am then i will

Last edited:
WIP
First take on a cone-snail microphone design. It’s based on both glittery, extravagant microphones, cone snails having lethal poison, and shells being used as musical instruments in certain places. In severe need of feedback/wondering if I should instead use my dilophosaurus/cryolophosaurus hybrid idea.
IMG_4832.png

WIP
sketch-1710274039350 (1).png

A platypus incorporating elements of the classic red V guitar! The tail has a speaker pattern for good measure.

The Poison typing is conveyed through the platypus and the red-white-black stripes, and the Dragon typing is implied through its general shape, though it takes after pokemon like Altaria and Noivern in being a non-tradional Dragon type.

Last edited:
WIP

Initial sketch proof of concept type thing for a Toad X Drake type monstrosity. Very keen for feedback bc I can barely draw a face and had to ask my gf for even pencils. But I'm keep to look in to this concept bc I like it so much.

CAP34 Sketch.png

Mod edit: oversized image to thumbnail

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)