Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the A in Legends Z-A stand for Arceus?

Personally I would have preferred they jump to Alola if they're skipping regions, but I'll take it. Hopefully we get a decent amount of new mons/forms (and not just megas). And I am surely in the minority here, but I hope it's a Jan 2025 release and not Fall. :P

Does the A in Legends Z-A stand for Arceus?

Personally I would have preferred they jump to Alola if they're skipping regions, but I'll take it. Hopefully we get a decent amount of new mons/forms (and not just megas). And I am surely in the minority here, but I hope it's a Jan 2025 release and not Fall. :P
What if "A" is a new Pokemon entirely like how Legends Arceus introduced new Pokemon?
Yes, the title of the trailer is Z-A.

Also it has the Switch intro in this upload.
I kind of wondered if it's going to be cross-platform between the Switch and its successor, and that would explain the 2025 release date and why the Japanese trailer has the Switch intro but ours doesn't.

OK but really between the unown bumpers, the Raikou tie in for Sleep, the prominent Champion Silver tie in for Masters and I think some bursts of GS music it does feel weird there's not even a "GS slapped on the eshop [so you dirty cheaters cant use cloud saves]" announcement. I wonder if a remake might still be in the cards for this year, too, just because Nintendo's 2024 seems pretty slim and having someone handle a remake again would make sense...

Anyway I think it's interesting that this still seems to be the modern Lumiose, so probably still pretty recent in Kalos' life time. Any time we were thinking of the "Legends" moniker it was like Arceus' conceit of farther in the past, but really there's nothing stoping them from looking at any given one.
The construction of Lumiose City I guess?
It does say "redevelopment". We'll probably go from "old" Lumiose and over the course of the game build it to the "modern" Lumiose. Might have even been partially inspired by how Jubilife develops as you do sidequests in LA.

What if "A" is a new Pokemon entirely like how Legends Arceus introduced new Pokemon?
After seeing how the A's markings are stylized as stems or roots, it probably is a new Pokemon.

Maybe we also get a "B" and "C" Pokemon

Pokemon Z is the funniest possible option for them to have picked. They really did a Metroid Dread where fans were mulling over a theoretical title for years and went "You know what? Fuck it! Fuck you! Here you go!"
At some level, it feels like the opposite. After a period of going off in a different direction punctuated only by remakes, Dread was unmistakably a core Metroid game. If you've been looking back at the 3ds era of Pokemon as the last time the games were worth getting, a new Legends game certainly isn't inspiring.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
All the weird Johto stuff not having a tie in to go with it was weird, though.
Let's Go Johto still needs a bit more time to bake. :blobuwu:

gagged me real good, I was fully expecting Johto/Unova-
Black 3 & White 3 yet lives...

NGL, I quite wanted to see a complete Kyurem, but more Kalos lore is great. And Megas my beloveds.
Wonder if we'll be getting new Zygarde formes? I'm predicting Yveltal or Xerneas are going to get Mega's, so Zygarde is going to need a super form beyond 100% to match them.

Can't say I feel that the Legends setup is the place to bring back Megas. The identity of a lot of Megas really hinges on the Ability slot, and the previous Legends game didn't have them.
Well, they could always bring back Abilities, but maybe only have them active during 1-on-1 battles. Maybe have a few have an effect outside of battle. Would be a way to evolve the gameplay of Legends.

On a bright note, Furfrou will have a place to go to sooner than expected.
Ooh, more Furfrou trims?

Can we finally get Megas for my GOATs? At long last?
Good point, none of them were chosen to be Legends Arceus starters to boot, so having them be Z-A's starters and give them Megas wouldn't be a bad idea.

After seeing how the A's markings are stylized as stems or roots, it probably is a new Pokemon.
Are you sure those aren't scales? Granted, they look different from Zygarde's visible scales.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
(also realtalk this is a genius marketing move. we're starting to hit the part of the pokemon nostalgia cycle where everyone decides that xy are criminally underrated hidden gems. bravo nintendo)
I mean, we would be getting into Kalos remake territory sooner or later, but if it were later then it would be during the next console's early life so the remake would commit the same sins as the original XY. Better for it to be sooner then, so they can utilize the Switch to its full potential!!! (lmao)

Here's my Hope and Cope

- Majority of the presents will be dedicated to Mobile Game info. Besides the various Gachas I don't keep up with, Pokemon Go is wrapping up its current Season with Go Tour Sinnoh and Origin Palkia/Dialga. This seems like the kind of time that game will drop its next Month/Season Roadmap with stuff they can't quite find a big in-person event for but will generate hype, such as Remaining Meta Megas (Lucario, Heracross, the Mewtwos, etc). They already confirmed other subjects of speculation aren't in the cards atm like Arceus or Manaphy, and I feel like hard confirming that would only occur if they wanted people to speculate on "well then what CAN it be?!"
- Some TCG news since they have the Kitakami themed stuff coming, probably tease at something for ID related mons and keep that merch machine going.
-- My doubt against something like Black Shadow and White Lightning or something is that the Unova games were the first ones to have direct sequels in mainline, and compared to something like the Orre games, B2W2 explicitly follow up on events and threads from BW, such that from a branding stand point one game is incomplete without the other, compared to how Emerald or Platinum content was stuff they could roll into dual remakes (didn't but had the ability to).
-- A lot of people speculate on a Legends Unova game because of the Unova focus in the Indigo Disk, but I'm iffier there. The only Gen I can think of that heavily referenced the Remake-Region in its corresponding main entry is Sinnoh having things like Jasmine's Cameo or the mention of the Rage Candy Bar being out of stock in Veilstone. RS barely bring up Kanto and even Colosseum was mostly for the Johto Mons that were missing, Kalos was more a Kanto fest because of the Anniversary, and Galar I can't think of many Regional references in general outside Meta things like the Gigantamax focus on Kanto mons. Additionally, Legends Arceus focused on Sinnoh which happened to include the missing Mythicals from SwSh's roster even with transfers, so I'm willing to speculate this hypothetical game would do similarly.
-- With the above stupidity on my pattern recognition, I'm led to expect a Legends Kalos game, as people speculated on heavily with the Iberian Peninsula basis for Paldea, the explicit absence of the Kalos Legendary trio, extremely underexplored lore for the region, and 10+ year gap with XY's original release in such a release season (Legends Arceus being 14 years after Platinum given how many elements it draws from like Giratina's post-game conflict and the Origin Forms given to Palkia/Dialga).

I doubt any Gen 10 news until Nintendo confirms whatever and whenever they're doing for new hardware, as two Generations is the most any Console has received, even on something as big as the DS. Maybe we get a sneak peek Pokemon ala Meltan or Bonsly, but nothing like a region tease for a while

Real talk this was both my copium and my best case scenario as far as mainline game content goes. No real opinion on most of the Mobile games since I don't play any besides Go (which got the most "it exists" promo of the stream with a new Season incoming) but the next Mainline game being over a year out is almost as exciting as what the game is for me. Maybe they can finally make it run on the level of games that were on the Switch at Launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)