Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lock this thread there are people saying Gen X is coming or that there will be no main series game announcement :worrywhirl:

I personally would like another Legends game for Nov 2024, but flesh it out more. PLA was genuinely fun and new, but it felt so obvious that they didn’t go as full on as they could. It’d be nice for it to be bigger and more experimental with DLC in the following year. Johto and Unova are both the hot topics right now for the location. Both are my favourite regions so either is fine :3

BUT! What I think will happen though are outsourced remakes of Black and White that hopefully combine aspects of Black and White 2 and then a legends Unova game and nothing for Johto. Potential releases being mid-2024 / late 2024. (There were rumours that BDSP was intended for Summer 2021 and Legends November 2021)

And then the typical mobile game stuff alongside Horizons getting its next release window, Unite’s Miraidon release, Worlds update.

I kinda think a very very small Gen X teaser is possible, but hopefully they’re holding off until 2026 for that to coincide with the 30th anniversary.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Lock this thread there are people saying Gen X is coming or that there will be no main series game announcement :worrywhirl:

I personally would like another Legends game for Nov 2024, but flesh it out more. PLA was genuinely fun and new, but it felt so obvious that they didn’t go as full on as they could. It’d be nice for it to be bigger and more experimental with DLC in the following year. Johto and Unova are both the hot topics right now for the location. Both are my favourite regions so either is fine :3

BUT! What I think will happen though are outsourced remakes of Black and White that hopefully combine aspects of Black and White 2 and then a legends Unova game and nothing for Johto. Potential releases being mid-2024 / late 2024. (There were rumours that BDSP was intended for Summer 2021 and Legends November 2021)

And then the typical mobile game stuff alongside Horizons getting its next release window, Unite’s Miraidon release, Worlds update.

I kinda think a very very small Gen X teaser is possible, but hopefully they’re holding off until 2026 for that to coincide with the 30th anniversary.
The reason Johto is on the radar for so many people right now is because we’re overdue for another Johto game (2009) even more than we are Unova (2010-12). The same thing happened with Kanto and Sinnoh, where Kanto’s last game released before Gen 4, meaning that in theory, a revisit of FireRed & LeafGreen would make more sense to happen before a revisit of Diamond & Pearl. Sure, the game we got instead ended up being Let’s Go, but that was arguably more because of Yellow’s 20th anniversary than anything else, and even then they probably wouldn’t have brought back FireRed & LeafGreen’s newer content.

As for why I claim we aren’t getting anything this year, my rationale comes down to hardware release dates and how long the gap between games being revisited actually is. Depending on how you do the math, history says that a new Johto game will be released as the final Gen 9 game in either 2025 or 2026, more than likely the former, and that Unova will be revisited in Gen 10 in or around 2028 on the next Nintendo console. This isn’t me trying to leak information; I’ve gone through every main series installment to date and crunched the numbers myself on a spreadsheet and looked at every possible pattern I could find. The “problem” is that this leaves 2024 wide open for either a significant pattern break or no new game at all. How they choose to go about this situation is up to them, but especially with what we know about the next console more than likely having been delayed anyways, there is no active benefit to releasing a full new game in 2024 for us or the producers when the existing games are still selling well and that time could be used to work on the 2025 and 2026 installments.

Edit: This might just look like a random mess of numbers, but there’s a pattern here. Not only is there a set order of what regions have been revisited and when, but any chosen region will not be revisited again until all other existing regions at the time have also had a game during that time span.

1, 2, 3, 1, 4, 2, 5, 5, 6, 3, 7, 1, 8, 4, 9, 2

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
1708470990044.png

Me when I log on to Smogon & Bulbagarden on February 27th and see the announcement of the most dogshit BW1 remake imaginable, realizing that I can finally stop giving this series the benefit of the doubt and move on with my life

Just so this isn't a shitpost and continuing off the rather cynical note presented, what I need from this Presents and what we will likely get is a sign. They've heard the fallout from BDSP and SV's launch states loud and clear, that much is known for sure: Now's the time to find out if they're gonna take them seriously. Basically, if they reveal either no new mainline games or "only" a faithful remake by a third party studio or something along that wavelength that looks actually well-made unlike BDSP, we can be hopeful. If we are instead treated to what looks like another unpolished rushjob with wrinkly-ass textures... Well, hey, I'm a Dragon Ball fan. I've seen what it looks like when a modern production pipeline is allowed to melt down like this. Eventually things get so bad that they can no longer be ignored even by the most jaded suits and fixes are applied... But until that happens, you're not gonna like where it leads.

View attachment 606397
Me when I log on to Smogon & Bulbagarden on February 27th and see the announcement of the most dogshit BW1 remake imaginable, realizing that I can finally stop giving this series the benefit of the doubt and move on with my life
Me over the next 6 months when you are unable to do that and I see your roller coaster of coping/actually this is pretty good lmao/rage posting

View attachment 606397

Just so this isn't a shitpost and continuing off the rather cynical note presented, what I need from this Presents and what we will likely get is a sign. They've heard the fallout from BDSP and SV's launch states loud and clear, that much is known for sure: Now's the time to find out if they're gonna take them seriously. Basically, if they reveal either no new mainline games or "only" a faithful remake by a third party studio or something along that wavelength that looks actually well-made unlike BDSP, we can be hopeful. If we are instead treated to what looks like another unpolished rushjob with wrinkly-ass textures... Well, hey, I'm a Dragon Ball fan. I've seen what it looks like when a modern production pipeline is allowed to melt down like this. Eventually things get so bad that they can no longer be ignored even by the most jaded suits and fixes are applied... But until that happens, you're not gonna like where it leads.
The thing with Dragon Ball is that happens multiple times on different fronts. GT fumbled on writing hard, Evolution was so bad it's thought to have gotten Toriyama back into making DB content, and then Super had the Animation shenanigans (which is funnily where Pokemon is right now).

I mention this because Pokemon is in a similar spot where despite shoddy products, it keeps making money, so good luck getting that changed unless you present definite damage to the brand despite the continued sales.

The reason Johto is on the radar for so many people right now is because we’re overdue for another Johto game (2009) even more than we are Unova (2010-12). The same thing happened with Kanto and Sinnoh, where Kanto’s last game released before Gen 4, meaning that in theory, a revisit of FireRed & LeafGreen would make more sense to happen before a revisit of Diamond & Pearl. Sure, the game we got instead ended up being Let’s Go, but that was arguably more because of Yellow’s 20th anniversary than anything else, and even then they probably wouldn’t have brought back FireRed & LeafGreen’s newer content.

As for why I claim we aren’t getting anything this year, my rationale comes down to hardware release dates and how long the gap between games being revisited actually is. Depending on how you do the math, history says that a new Johto game will be released as the final Gen 9 game in either 2025 or 2026, more than likely the former, and that Unova will be revisited in Gen 10 in or around 2028 on the next Nintendo console. This isn’t me trying to leak information; I’ve gone through every main series installment to date and crunched the numbers myself on a spreadsheet and looked at every possible pattern I could find. The “problem” is that this leaves 2024 wide open for either a significant pattern break or no new game at all. How they choose to go about this situation is up to them, but especially with what we know about the next console more than likely having been delayed anyways, there is no active benefit to releasing a full new game in 2024 for us or the producers when the existing games are still selling well and that time could be used to work on the 2025 and 2026 installments.

Edit: This might just look like a random mess of numbers, but there’s a pattern here. Not only is there a set order of what regions have been revisited and when, but any chosen region will not be revisited again until all other existing regions at the time have also had a game during that time span.

1, 2, 3, 1, 4, 2, 5, 5, 6, 3, 7, 1, 8, 4, 9, 2
With regards to the Switch 2 thing, Gamefreak often release games on the current gen even if the next console is out.

Emerald came out 3 months before the DS. Black and White 2 came out a year after the 3DS had been released and Ultra Sun & Moon came out in November 2017 when the Switch had been out for over half a year at that point.

and as for the patterns, I feel like this fandom relies too much on made up patterns that don’t actually mean anything from TPCI’s perspective. They aren’t going to go a full year without releasing a new main series game. I would be genuinely surprised if nothing gets released this year.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Anyway we've now reached a point where I honestly have no idea what to expect as far as mainline releases are concerned. The Switch era has been so unpredictable and diverse with releases that it's now literally a game of anything goes now. So far we have had a POGO-styled Yellow remake, a traditional new gen game in Sword and Shield, an ARPG title set in ancient Sinnoh, and another classical new gen game in SV that's open world. And both SwSh and SV got DLC expansions instead of third versions.

Mainline Pokemon games used to be very predictable because for years they followed a very rigid formula of releases and games, but now it's become so much more unpredictable in that you never know what might happen.

Anything could happen now. The fan speculation is that we're returning to at least one of Unova or Johto in the future, but what kind of game we'll get and in what form is unpredictable. I'd be down for a BW3 or another Johto game since I love those regions, but I'm not gonna make any assumptions for now.
I was about to write something similar, but you said it better than I could.

This used to be so predictable. Well, mainly because the press releases tended to happen after the news were already blown in CoroCoro or something (or the games were already about to be released in Japan and had everything datamined, as was the case back in Gen IV and V), but there were patterns.

Or, well, there haven't actually been patterns for a while either (the Switch games have generally thrown curveballs at our expectations at every turn), but we used to have some sort of idea of what would come next. As of late, those were rather wrong ideas, so now even our confidence has been lost. We could be up for anything. Or even nothing, as bdt2002 suggests.

I'm generally skeptical to a new generation coming this soon, though. Of course, the idea can't be ruled out entirely with all the shenanigans we've seen as of late, but such things take time to make. There's all the faff with character design and concept art and implementing the art in-engine and creating new mechanics and a whole lot of whatnot, and it has barely been a year since SV shipped. That's too little time to make another "flagship" game.

I think the most likely announcement is some sort of remake. Pokémon Something: Unova-something, or Pokémon Something: Johto-something. Probably not a main series game, maybe something with ILCA's name on it, or some in-house project by Game Freak. Or both, as the case turned out to be the last time. The probability tree already has a crapload of branches, and that's just the stuff that has precedent. I mean, if we just imagine repeats of what GameFreak has done before: we could be looking at Let's Go Johto, Very Black and Very White (BW1 remakes with HD graphics), Legends Kyurem, Legends Celebi, Very Gold and Very Silver (GS/HGSS remakes with HD graphics), or possibly even S2V2 (It's Paldea again, but with 20% more stuff! And still two games because that sold a heck of a lot better than one for the exact same development cost). These have all been more-or-less reasonable expectations by fans for a while, which is why I can describe them simply by throwing out nicknames.

But there's of course a possibility that they will do something new and unforeseen again, which was arguably the case the previous four times we were waiting for mid-generation games: In Gen V, we expected a Crystal/Emerald/Platinum-style Pokémon Grey "definitive edition" of BW, but got a pair of sequels instead. Gen VI, we waited for the Z version, but instead we got the first break year in forever and Gen VII the following year. Gen VII, we thought they'd do another remake after USUM, but got LGPE instead. Gen VIII, we waited for a remake in the modern main series engine, but got DLC instead - and then two remakes that weren't in the modern engine. At least this time, we saw the DLC coming, but there's no telling what comes next.

So ... yeah, I'm actually quite stumped. I can't even say something like "At least there will be new Pokémon or new formes to look forward to!", because LGPE didn't introduce any (and thus became the first Pokémon game since Crystal not to do so). Another game by ILCA could very well be restricted by the same limitations. That being said, the ILCA game last time was immediately followed up by a Game Freak game that did give us new Pokémon and new formes, so I think something along that line is a reasonable expectation for 2024/2025. Not that the new Pokémon/formes would necessarily be playable in main series games for a while, however. We still haven't got all the Hisuians in SV yet, for instance.

In conclusion: ???

At the very least I think any real adjustments to development probably wont' be felt until Gen 10, though perhaps they can push some dates around. if they really want so there's not 2 months between remake and experimental game which launches 9 months before next gen. Again.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
At the very least I think any real adjustments to development probably wont' be felt until Gen 10, though perhaps they can push some dates around. if they really want so there's not 2 months between remake and experimental game which launches 9 months before next gen. Again.
Holiday 2024 Super Extra Black and Super Extra White by Not Game Freak, Holiday 2025 Pokemon Legends: Even More Unova and Holiday 2026 Gen 10 seems like a realistic enough schedule for me that gives everyone involved at least a bit more time

Extra, Misc Predictions:
-For Pokemon Go specifically, I think they'll announce Koraidon & Miraidon coming. They're the only box legends left, even Galar had the wolves for their little "preview" a while back. I could also see a Galar announcement proper happening...the Galar pokemon in the game right now are pretty scatter shot and its not had a "proper" debut in the game and they have to do it EVENTUALLY, so a relative lull year that might focus on other games could work. But they did just start doing Paldea stuff not 6 months ago so who knows.
This prediction brought to you by Home Dex Madness Gang
-Some weird "high end" product like TCG Classic. Preferably less confused about what it wants to be
-I nearly forgot about it, but I think they're going to finally do something with that extra gift struct they added a while back. The implication seemed to be customized clothing and a customized Pokemon gift. My thought is they'll put up a website for Pokemon Day and you can put together an outfit you like (based on specific patterns and styles already in the game) and a Pokemon you want and be given a special code to redeem. Something to that effect.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
2026 is the 30th anniversary, what a perfectly convenient year for the 10th generation. Remember how they nipped in the bud any possible Pokémon Z just to release a new generation on the 20th anniversary? I hope they'd do 10 on 2026 rather than 10 on 2024 and 11 on 2026. Please.

I'd still expect a "new game" this year, being either a remake, a DLC, a whole new spin off or the next iteration of an existing spin off.

I don't care about movies and existing mobile games. I used to like some mobile games though so maybe that part can still get me interested (I played Pokémon Go a couple of years, I loved Rumble Blast and Pokémon Quest).

Also to end on a copium note brought by 2023: hey last year they updated the copyright of Spike Chunsoft in the Pokémon website, but ultimately didn't introduce the next Mystery Dungeon game, that means they wanted one more year to polish it, right?

I don't think I can add anything special to the discussion by now. I doubt any delays would affect this year's game considered is done by "Team B" and probably has been worked on since LA released. As someone who actually ended up loving SV and who desires a Johto (favourite region)/ Unova (favourite older games) game, it feels like almost anything they announce will be great...except that I still don't trust them after BDSP, which I consider to be one of the lowest points in the franchise. I would be devastated if I see chibi N on a trailer. So yeah, on one hand it can be anything and that's exciting. On the other, that means we may be getting another bad remake even if it goes alongside a cool Legends game. For what is worth, it really feels we are in a golden age as far as innovation in the main series goes.

If they really want a "break year" next one would fit better so gen 10 can launch on the 30th Anniversary, after Gholdengo I do believe Pokemon cares about that stuff.

I don't play the mobile games anymore and I feel like my favourite spinoffs are the least unlikely, like Mystery Dungeon or (lol)Conquest.

I'm getting cooked trying to understand this post. Covid and the release of Gen 9 in 2022 makes perfect sense with Game Freak's development schedule. Ultra Sun and Moon were released in 2017. Do the math, the DLC for SV is out, we got a remake, albeit, a mid one, two years ago along with an open world game! Do you really think we're going to get an openworld remake this year? You have to pay attention: covid > no new Switch > early gen 9 > You are here. Either we get a wasted game of Legends on current hardware or we get a new generation. No way, we are getting more DLC for SV.
I'll be honest I don't understand what you don't understand about my post
Worldie thinks were getting gen 10 because it "makes more sense"
I think remake and vaguely experimental quasi-remake make more sense, and at least one of those have probably been cooking already. The not-Legends game will likely not be as open as SV was either, for that matter.

SV is too recent for it to be a whole new gen. On the other hand, SV is also 100% done, DLC-included.

It's gotta be Gen 5 remakes, and I, for one, hope ILCA and Masuda do exactly the same thing they did to Sinnoh.

Honestly, all we know is that it ain't Gen 10. The odds point out to Gen 5, but it could be another remake or a big spinoff. The landscape looks like a blank slate right now.

Or, I can inhale some copium like Kirby and say we getting a Platinum remake with a Hisuian expansion. :psywoke:

Plot Twist: They will give us the Kalos reserves that were leaked, but never officially released !

But in all seriousness, I’m expecting a bunch of updates for the mobile games and perhaps the trailer for Pokémon Horizions. I’m inclined to believe that a Main Series RPG will be announced since we’ve had one every year except for 2015, which would have been the aforementioned Kalos Reserves.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Since this idea has been mentioned a few times in the thread already: The sooner this fanbase accepts that Mystery Dungeon is finished the better. Super MD was a big celebratory send-off with past character cameos and every Pokemon that existed at the time crammed in and that was almost a decade ago now. If you look up the series' sales they cratered by nearly 90% after the DS, not even Rescue Team DX got it back to its old numbers. Maybe I'll one day be proven wrong, but right now I can't see a future for it.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Want Gens 1-3 on NSO. Maybe some other bonus things like Stadium compatibility or the pinball games. Pie-in-the-sky desire is the Orre games remastered. Expecting a shitty remake of Gen 5 or, heavens forbid, a Let's Go game for Gen 2.

Since this idea has been mentioned a few times in the thread already: The sooner this fanbase accepts that Mystery Dungeon is finished the better. Super MD was a big celebratory send-off with past character cameos and every Pokemon that existed at the time crammed in and that was almost a decade ago now. If you look up the series' sales they cratered by nearly 90% after the DS, not even Rescue Team DX got it back to its old numbers. Maybe I'll one day be proven wrong, but right now I can't see a future for it.
I mean an Explorers remake is still possible. It's the most popular one, after all.

So, this just dropped about two hours ago on Twitter no, I'm not calling it X, courtesy of Centro Leaks. I normally wouldn't post about leaks in a thread like this, but this feels like something you guys should see.

Twitter Post Link:
The above link should lead you to a post containing a 41 second clip that's supposedly taken straight out of the Presents stream. The video clip is all that is in this post. No explanation, no teasing emojis or hints, nothing. In the clip, whatever this dude's name is (I always forget who's who, is that a bad thing?) says that he hopes we are looking forward to seeing how Pokémon games evolve in the future before mentioning how they've shared information about a variety of games before saying they have one more video to wrap things up, in typical Pokémon Presents fashion. Just in case this is actually legitimate, I will leave this next section behind a spoiler warning.

As he thanks viewers for tuning in, the screen fades to black before transitioning to a remake of the Game Freak screen seen in the opening of the Gen 5 Unova games when you boot the game up- except this time, it says "Developed by ILCA". The clip abruptly ends at the same time the section of Black & White's opening with N's Castle starts to play.

I do not have immediate access to the comment section of this Twitter post, so I can't see what people are saying over there regarding this post's legitimacy. That being said, in the situation this video clip is fake, it's an extremely well made fake, and if it is real, it remains to be seen where Centro Leaks obtained this clip from.
It’s fake. Utsunomiya is wearing the same outfit and the plushie arrangement in the background is the same as in this Presents. You can even find the exact same clip of dialogue toward the end of the video.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
It’s fake. Utsunomiya is wearing the same outfit and the plushie arrangement in the background is the same as in this Presents. You can even find the exact same clip of dialogue toward the end of the video.

I appreciate the confirmation and apologize if my post wasn't necessary, but at the same time, how did I miss that? I must not have gotten to that part of the video yet while I was investigating. Huh. To whom it may concern, I can delete that post now if you guys want me to.

bdt2002

is a Pre-Contributor
Here's a collective list of things we might see at the Pokémon Presents separate from my own predictions, ranked in tiers by how likely we'd be to see it and how hot of a take wanting to see this would be. Let me know if I forgot anything, I may edit this tomorrow :sphearical:

• "Refuses to Try Hot Sauce" Tier: The most likely picks
    • Pokémon Go content and/or raid update
    • Pokémon Unite Miraidon reveal
    • Pokémon Masters EX 4.5 anniversary details
    • Something Pokémon Horizons related
    • A segment about Worlds
  • "Prefers Mild Peppers" Tier: Very possible but not guaranteed
    • Pokémon Concierge Season 2 trailer (would be higher, but it's possible that episode recording/filming hasn't started yet)
    • A new Johto game in some capacity
  • "Spicy Barbecue Enjoyer" Tier: Starting to become less plausible
    • A new Unova game in some capacity
    • Generations 1 and 2 on Nintendo Switch, more than likely via Switch Online if this happens
    • A Mystery Dungeon: Explorers remake
  • "My Eyes Are Watering" Tier: Probably won't happen, for better or worse
    • A new Mystery Dungeon game (not Explorers)
    • Extra content for an existing spinoff, such as New Snap or Detective Pikachu
  • "Crispin Would Be Proud" Tier: The spiciest takes of all
    • A new Pokémon Ranger game
    • Generation 10 games revealed, release date 2025-2026

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So, this just dropped about two hours ago on Twitter no, I'm not calling it X, courtesy of Centro Leaks. I normally wouldn't post about leaks in a thread like this, but this feels like something you guys should see.

Twitter Post Link:
The above link should lead you to a post containing a 41 second clip that's supposedly taken straight out of the Presents stream. The video clip is all that is in this post. No explanation, no teasing emojis or hints, nothing. In the clip, whatever this dude's name is (I always forget who's who, is that a bad thing?) says that he hopes we are looking forward to seeing how Pokémon games evolve in the future before mentioning how they've shared information about a variety of games before saying they have one more video to wrap things up, in typical Pokémon Presents fashion. Just in case this is actually legitimate, I will leave this next section behind a spoiler warning.

As he thanks viewers for tuning in, the screen fades to black before transitioning to a remake of the Game Freak screen seen in the opening of the Gen 5 Unova games when you boot the game up- except this time, it says "Developed by ILCA". The clip abruptly ends at the same time the section of Black & White's opening with N's Castle starts to play.

I do not have immediate access to the comment section of this Twitter post, so I can't see what people are saying over there regarding this post's legitimacy. That being said, in the situation this video clip is fake, it's an extremely well made fake, and if it is real, it remains to be seen where Centro Leaks obtained this clip from.
Friendly reminder that Centro will peddle any remotely passable garbage they come across for clicks. iirc they ripped speculation straight from this subforum for one such "leak". Stop giving them attention.

in Centro's defense he does state that it is fake in the comments lol, he's just trying to rile people up (as the other one does too) but I think considering how well BDSP sold, ILCA will be dealing with whatever remake we get.

But also I wouldn't post general leaks in this thread, considering it's just for discussion and it sorta ruins the hype for a lot of people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)