Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

You mean Psychic/Steel, Iron Leaves is Psychic/Grass after all.

Or, you know, they could just give it 600 BST, it's not like there's not already plenty of non-legendary Pokemon who have more than 550 BST.
They could, but considering Kingambit & Ursaluna both put a stopper at 550 I think that's as far as they want to go for now. Even Gholdengo, a clearly special Pokemon they designed to be strong, is "only" 550.

The only Pokemon with more than 550 BST are:
-Legendary/Mythical pokemon
-Pokemon they absolutely put on the level of Legendary Pokemon ie The Ultra Beasts and Paradoxes
-The pseudos
-Tied to a form change, like Schooling Wishiwashi or Hero Palafin (or megas)
-Tied to a debilitating ability, like Slaking (670) or Archeops (567)
-Arcanine (555) and Florges (552). Honestly...I thought I'd see more in the 551-555 range but uh...no it's just those two...

Archduraludon could go into the Arcanine/Florges tier, but I'd be really surprised at it getting past 560 much less all the way to 600

I should also note that Archaludon breaks the common fan theory that Mons with special forms couldn’t receive evolutions in the future, this means Sabeleye and Mawile may have chance!
The reason why people worry about Sableye, Mawile, Absol, etc. not being able to gain evolutions is because Mega Evolution was stated in X & Y to be a phenomenon available to Pokémon that were thought to not evolve further.

Realistically, I think GF would be perfectly willing to disregard that if they felt like making a Mawile evo, but it’s not a concern that fans just came up with based on a theory.

I can’t believe they went in that direction its amazing.
I know right? I was expecting them to really focus in on the the armor on the head and the spikey tail ball and turn it into an ankylosaurus, I wasn't expecting them to go brachiosaurus.
Archduraludon could go into the Arcanine/Florges tier, but I'd be really surprised at it getting past 560 much less all the way to 600
They could always decide to retroactively make it a pseudo by pulling a Roselia and giving it a prevo too. (Unlikely, but not impossible)

Arcanine and Florges would beg to to differ there. Also all the Paradoxes.

A G-Max form is different from a Mega Evolution: Megas were only given to final stages, G-Maxes were not. Meowth, Pikachu, and Eevee aren't fully evolved after all.
Good observations that I forgot to mention! That’s a blunder on my part, oops.

You know, at first I thought the terrarium would simulate Alola just on the beach and maybe would grab Galar (& Hisui, if Kitakami doesnt do the trick) but rewatching the trailer there's Alolan Graveler in the mountain parts and Alolan Sandshrew in the icy parts

What if Blueberry is just closer to Alolan waters this entire time. That'd be funny.

Also,

Believe this is Giacomo, so we might be getting some extra scenes with everyone too. That'd be cute, especially for the star squad if they all get new outfits now that they're reintegrating into normal school

if archaludon isn't a BST rearrangement like scizor was to scyther then i don't even know what the plan is because i find it unlikely they are breaking 555 BST for a non-pseudo with a non-hindering ability. they'd need to make it basically 600 BST for a regular evolution to be meaningful anyway.

90 / 75 / 130 / 130 / 70 / 40 would make archaludon slower but otherwise more minmaxed towards defenses while still 535 BST for example

You mean Psychic/Steel, Iron Leaves is Psychic/Grass after all.

Or, you know, they could just give it 600 BST, it's not like there's not already plenty of non-legendary Pokemon who have more than 550 BST.
I don’t know about 600 BST.
Of the regular Pokemon (not legendary, mythical, Mega, ect.);
-Only 3 have have a BST higher than 600, being Slaking, Palafin, and Ash-Greninja (who was on par with a Mega like Primals were but I’ll count it anyways)
-Only 3.5 Pokemon have a BST higher than 550 but lower than 600, which are Archeops, Arcanine, and Florges (and Floette-E which never actually existed)
Seeing that Archdurlaudon isn’t that special, I doubt it’ll have 600 BST or anything higher than 560.

I didn't watch the Presents since I'd rather spend 35 minutes on more enjoyable things. Just watched the trailers afterwards. I have some short thoughts on what was shown, and on other things that were revealed.

- I'm very happy we have a release date for the Teal Mask, 13th September! ...a Wednesday. I won't be playing it on the release though, I'll wait until the weekend afterwards. It feels better that way, and this way, I'll be safe if there should be any major glitches/bugs involved, the fandom should let us know.
- New Pokémon. Totally didn't expect Applin to get another evolution. Looks way more similar to Applin itself than either of the previous evolutions, but that's okay. Wasn't expecting a Duraludon evolution either, looks kinda cool and weird. Really cool how the two new evolutions are of Gen 8 Pokémon! The new Paradoxes were expected though. Raging Bolt looks like a giraffe with its head in the clouds, Iron Crown looks as I would have expected a future Paradox Cobalion to look. I assume there will be Paradox versions of Entei and Terrakion as well, either in the Teal Mask (but they haven't been revealed yet) or in the Indigo Disk.
- Wasn't expecting Terapagos to have a different form when it is Terastallized. That solves the mystery with the little turtle shown in the anime at least.
- Still curious about Ogerpon. What is hiding behind that mask? Unless it was shown already and I missed it.
- Being able to reset EVs is nice. If it is relatively easy and not too expensive, I might do it for my imported teams from L:A and properly EV-train them afterwards.
- There's a new way to fly on Koraidon/Miraidon, and from what it looks like in the trailer, it seems like this will allow them to soar upwards! If this is the case, then this is really great as it solves one of my issues with their flight in the base game, it really annoyed me how you were unable to gain altitude.
- Mew event, kinda cool. I'll be sure to get it before it expires, thankfully there's no rush.
- Paldean Winds, another non-anime animation, which is amazing. I hope it will be as great as the previous mini-series. I'll watch it for sure.

Overall, I'm very happy about the DLC news and it has made me quite excited! Really looking forward to when it releases next month. In the meantime, I guess I should start planning my first DLC team...

if archaludon isn't a BST rearrangement like scizor was to scyther then i don't even know what the plan is because i find it unlikely they are breaking 555 BST for a non-pseudo with a non-hindering ability. they'd need to make it basically 600 BST for a regular evolution to be meaningful anyway.

90 / 75 / 130 / 130 / 70 / 40 would make archaludon slower but otherwise more minmaxed towards defenses while still 535 BST for example
Rearrange and then add ~+15 to get it to ~550 makes the most sense

Unrelated to all this
he head sticking out seems to belong to one of two separate creatures, while the tail belongs to the other. Both creatures help each other out from within their shared apple.
Dipplin seems like a weird Pokemon...I would never have guessed there were 2 wyrms in there. I wonder if the pair are fully modeled in it like Applin is.

Flapple is an Attacker, Appletun is a tank and Dipplin seems to be a Disruptor(?)
Evasion Intimidate and a move that continously lowers speed seem interesting

There is one reason I could see for making Archuralodon go to 600, and that is the implied rivalry with Tyranitar.
It was ultimately designed with the whole Godzilla vs Skyscraper thing in mind as well as just Kaiju battles.
The other two Pokemon with a implied Kaiju relationship (Tyranitar itself and Baxcalibur) also have 600. Ofc they're pseudos, but I can see them making a jump for this concept alone.

Arcanine and Florges would beg to to differ there. Also all the Paradoxes.

A G-Max form is different from a Mega Evolution: Megas were only given to final stages, G-Maxes were not. Meowth, Pikachu, and Eevee aren't fully evolved after all.
Worth noting though that the non-final Stages that gain the G-Max factor were also incapable of evolving, functionally making them different forms without the evolution available.

The reason why people worry about Sableye, Mawile, Absol, etc. not being able to gain evolutions is because Mega Evolution was stated in X & Y to be a phenomenon available to Pokémon that were thought to not evolve further.

Realistically, I think GF would be perfectly willing to disregard that if they felt like making a Mawile evo, but it’s not a concern that fans just came up with based on a theory.
The handwave there is to just point out "thought" they could not evolve further. Thought wrong then and finding existing evolutions we didn't know about isn't that bizarre, especially "retroactively" with Hisuian evolutions that were never discussed for the wide-array of other-region-native Pokemon (Wyrdeer, Kleavor, and Ursaluna for base forms, plus Regional Evo branches like Basculegion, Overqwil, and Sneasler).

Worth noting though that the non-final Stages that gain the G-Max factor were also incapable of evolving, functionally making them different forms without the evolution available.
They weren't forms, the G-Max factor is a flag not a form change. That's why the Charmander Leon gives you already has it.

They weren't forms, the G-Max factor is a flag not a form change. That's why the Charmander Leon gives you already has it.
My point is that in gameplay terms G-Max was incompatible with a Pokemon that has a further evolution available to it at the same time, to the point that while these specific Pokemon have the G-Max flag, they can't even go anywhere besides SwSh where they could evolve (as opposed to just removing the G-Max flag from a hypothetical Raichu transfer-back). If anything G-Max is a bigger precedent to break than Megas for evolving because as opposed to speculation from a pattern, we have confirmed cases of G-Max actively barring a Pokemon from evolving further as a game option

The handwave there is to just point out "thought" they could not evolve further. Thought wrong then and finding existing evolutions we didn't know about isn't that bizarre, especially "retroactively" with Hisuian evolutions that were never discussed for the wide-array of other-region-native Pokemon (Wyrdeer, Kleavor, and Ursaluna for base forms, plus Regional Evo branches like Basculegion, Overqwil, and Sneasler).
Yeah, like I said, I don’t think Game Freak would feel in any way constrained by that text. I was just explaining that the idea that there could be an issue originated from an actual lore point rather than a fan theory.

I mean, I suppose one could find it conspicuous that in all the time since Gen 6, with cross-gen evos being back on the menu, they’ve yet to pull the trigger for a Pokémon that was previously able to Mega Evolve, but personally I think that’s most likely just GF’s inscrutable whims at work.

Not giraffe, brachiosaurus
Still looks more like a giraffe to me. Or at least that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. I guess the black/yellow color scheme plays into it too.
Nothing, that's just its face. It gets a bigger mask when it Teras.
The way they showed it at around the 3:11 mark in the trailer made me think there was something else behind the mask. And as the artwork woodgoldtwo posted confirms, there is a real face behind the mask.

Still looks more like a giraffe to me. Or at least that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. I guess the black/yellow color scheme plays into it too.

The way they showed it at around the 3:11 mark in the trailer made me think there was something else behind the mask. And as the artwork woodgoldtwo posted confirms, there is a real face behind the mask.
I also think that Storm keeping Raikou's thin tail contributes to it looking more like a giraffe and less like a sauropod. A bit ironic, since many other Past Paradoxes have a thick, scaly tail (or similar structure) as a primary change from the base mon.

Weirdly something similar happened with the Ultra Necrozma section of the big pokemon 1000 video
A few chunks that aligned up perfectly with a fan mix, but then surrounded by parts that didn't line up. I wonder if the same person handled the audio for both trailers. Once could have just been coincidence, but twice is a bit more brow-raising so to speak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)