Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

The situation with Terapagos has been clarified: their both Terapagos but the fancier version is the Terastalized version. Like how Ogerpon got a terastal version as well
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/terapagos/

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/league_club/
Some added details here like:
-the "deepen bonds" thing makes me assume we'll have similar quests with new teachers
-You can donate points to other clubs and get little stuff for the room
-lmao at "Blueberry Poitnts (BP)" yes very cute gamefreak
-You can trade Pokemon with the gym leaders if you beat them! That's fun.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/timeless_woods/
Perrin's quest is specifically to seek out a "certain [mysterious] Pokemon". I wonder if this might be a paradox, or if its a new Pokemon in general?

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/new_ways_to_play/
Direct Your Pokémon

You can now tell the Pokémon walking alongside you to wait in place. This can help you set up the ideal angle for your photos.
Oh thank god, it was so hard to key up shots

Expanding Area Zero and now making the DLC Pokémon appear in Paldea is a nice touch.
I am very glad they will actually have you return to Area Zero.
The whole Heat plotline was left purposely unresolved but I was expecting that the resolution would be elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if they'll open up some area within the time machine base.

Perrin's quest is specifically to seek out a "certain [mysterious] Pokemon". I wonder if this might be a paradox, or if its a new Pokemon in general?
I'm 99% betting it's the paradox Raikou / Cobalion.

I'm really not seeing why. Not only is Duraludon two non-Electric types that could both use some more oddball moves, the mechanical nice of "powerful but awkward Electric move that removes its downside in rain" was already filled by Thunder.
Screenshots aren't working for me right now, but there's a photo on the JP website that implies Electro Beam also raises its (probable) Special Attack before attacking, just like Meteor Beam.

I am very glad they will actually have you return to Area Zero.
The whole Heat plotline was left purposely unresolved but I was expecting that the resolution would be elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if they'll open up some area within the time machine base.
The big easy spot to lead to new teleporters/areas/whatever is the left door in the big hanger. The right side was taken to fly into Area Zero, so I suspect the left side takes deeper into the observatory itself which probably leads to other parts of Area Zero that werent relevant to our first dive.

Special Guests
During your time at Blueberry Academy, you’ll be able to invite familiar faces from the Paldea region for a visit. When you invite a Trainer over, you can talk to them and take photos together. If you defeat one of these Trainers in battle, you’ll also be able to trade Pokémon with them—and you might just see a side of them you hadn’t seen before.
Trading with major trainers is back since Diantha trading a Ralts in XY.

Apparently baby terapagos is just normal forme terapagos:

Official site blurb
The situation with Terapagos has been clarified: their both Terapagos but the fancier version is the Terastalized version. Like how Ogerpon got a terastal version as well
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/terapagos/
This doesn't bode well for the terastal form making it out of gen 9... rip ultra necrozma.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/timeless_woods/
I'm 99% betting it's the paradox Raikou / Cobalion.
Raging bolt and Iron Crown are in part 2, timeless woods are in part 1, so it's most likely something else.

This doesn't bode well for the terastal form making it out of gen 9... rip ultra necrozma.
Yeah I was just thinking about that, because normal Terapagos does feel very...well..."unevolved" for lack of a better term. It feels very designed around going into the terastal form even more than something like Necrozma, Calyrex or most relevantly to this Ogerpon. Like you dont bring back Ultra necrozma and its a bit of a shame but not THAT big a deal since Necrozma itself feels (ironically) complete, but Terapagos...

Maybe they just dont bother bringing it back next gen, unless they introduce a held item to induce it.

Did you, like me, wonder what stats they might tank to offset the minimal BST bump for Archdurlaudon?
Did you, like me, forget that Duraludon had a surprisingly "high" 85 base speed?

And then also, like me, go "oh they're making it slow again. like they always do"

Did you, like me, wonder what stats they might tank to offset the minimal BST bump for Archdurlaudon?
Did you, like me, forget that Duraludon had a surprisingly "high" 85 base speed?

And then also, like me, go "oh they're making it slow again. like they always do"
Optimistically they could dump from his 95 ATK stat, since compared to Duraludon, Arch is going a lot harder on a Special Attack focus with the Signature more (Dural was Special bias already but lacked the movepool), so they could remove from that too for redistributing. Also may sap from DEF since a Bridge looks less sturdy than a Skyscraper (not an architect to say it IS but the type of shape for a Pokemon has a look)

I imagine it'll be a 550 BST mon, with 50 speed, leaving them 50 points to play around with, probably something like;

80 / 100 / 125 / 135 / 60 / 50

Slow, bulky, bigger defences for Stamina, will still die to any special attack.

Besides the obvious hint within the design and the trainer, it's still a strange choice for an evolution candidate. They even gave Duraludon a G-Max form. It's also in Unite as a single-staged mon.

Will Chimecho ever have her moment? :psysad:

The stat distribution will be like Kingambit/Ursaluna, but with Special Attack focus.
Like 105/70/120/135/70/50 would be very realistic.

The in game model presented for Raging Bolt was so damn messy. Looks like a Lego dino lol.
Art is way better.

I bet Electric/Dragon and Steel/Ice for the paradoxes.

I am thinking they will bump it up to somewhere in the 550 - 560 range, but largely redistribute its stats. Duraludon has a really high base 95 attack that they can cut into if they want to minmax the statline.

I am predicting them to use the same 50 atk / 50 speed split that they used on Ursaluna and Gambit, so Duralduon would have roughly 15 + 45 + 35 = 95 additional stat points to work with if they decide to min-max it. It would be a shame though since its high speed was suppose to be its unique feature.

The new Applin evolution resembles the Gmax forms of its original evolutions.
View attachment 541123
I was thinking that several gen 8 mons were in a rough spot since they were designed around their GMax forms despite the transition to mechanics being temporary. I also considered Duraludon to be in that category though its evolution doesn't look like it references its GMax.

Diancie evolution when?

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Something really dope I noticed when rewatching the Teal Mask trailer is that they soft confirmed the secondary typings for the Poison Chain trio. You can see in a certain part of the trailer that Fezandipiti is using some Flying move (obvious is obvious), but then Munkidori clearly uses Psychic and Okidogi uses some Fighting move. So it seems that the typings will be Poison/Flying, Poison/Psychic, and Poison/Fighting respectively!

psychic fighting
You mean Psychic/Steel, Iron Leaves is Psychic/Grass after all.

The stat distribution will be like Kingambit/Ursaluna, but with Special Attack focus.
Like 105/70/120/135/70/50 would be very realistic.
Or, you know, they could just give it 600 BST, it's not like there's not already plenty of non-legendary Pokemon who have more than 550 BST.

Something really dope I noticed when rewatching the Teal Mask trailer is that they soft confirmed the secondary typings for the Poison Chain trio. You can see in a certain part of the trailer that Fezandipiti is using some Flying move (obvious is obvious), but then Munkidori clearly uses Psychic and Okidogi uses some Fighting move. So it seems that the typings will be Poison/Flying, Poison/Psychic, and Poison/Fighting respectively!
Fezandipiti is using moonblast and Okidogi is using giga impact

I assumed the highest a Mon’s BST could be to be granted an evolution was 500 (Ursaring) but I stand corrected now. I wonder how high Archaludon’s BST is gonna be considering it doesn’t seem like Gamefreak wants to go above 550 BST for a Non-Legendary (or any other special category) mon. [Corrected, see reply below.] Maybe they’ll end up surprising me again and it’ll be something like 555-570.
I should also note that Archaludon breaks the common fan theory that Mons with special forms couldn’t receive evolutions in the future, this means Sabeleye and Mawile may have chance! [Corrected, see reply below.]
IMG_0837.jpeg

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well first impressions - a lot to unpack!

First off the Mew vs Mewtwo animation was my favourite part of the whole presentation. Really gave Mewtwo a menacing aura - I’d love to see more stuff in this vein.

I’m really glad there’s a minigame involving the camera - I really feel like I’ve been underusing this feature tbh compared to say the Switch Zelda games. I’m also glad to see there’s a new way of changing stats that will be available via minigame (mochi) - I’m not sure if it was IVs or EVs but either way making it more accessible can only be good.

The new Pokemon featured - Applin evo very boring tbh - seems to suit the character but they’ve given another evo to a Pokemon that already has one and its quite underwhelming - perhaps as Kieran gets stronger it might have an evo.

Carmine looks amazing btw, and I love the tough girl schtick.

Future Cobalion is boring as shit sadly, just like Iron Leaves. Past Raikou looks like it could be my favourite Paradox of all - I can’t believe they went in that direction its amazing. Duraludon evo meh. Don’t think it really needed an evo but its still better than the Applin one.

Drayton is obviously being heavily marketed amongst the Indigo Disk characters and hey - its working for me! Has a similar colour scheme to Guzma and he’s one of my all time faves - and I like his characterization so far. (Did we also see a shot of him in the Paldea animated thing?).

Much hype, much happy. Release date yay. Will try to keep myself from being spoiled by things outside the actual presentation - we’ll see how successful I am.

go above 550 BST for a Non-Legendary
Arcanine and Florges would beg to to differ there. Also all the Paradoxes.
Archaludon breaks the common fan theory that Mons with special forms couldn’t receive evolutions in the future, this means Sabeleye and Mawile may have chance!
A G-Max form is different from a Mega Evolution: Megas were only given to final stages, G-Maxes were not. Meowth, Pikachu, and Eevee aren't fully evolved after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)