Cool Weapon Mafia Game Thread

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
to master oden:
1: shadowpea, hh
2: i didn't kill Eli. in what world do i kill Eli and then immediately vote Laurel, my partner scum in this theory, knowing that the votes reset. i was second to vote laurel and obviously didn't see SB.'s vote when i did it but even if i did, that ties tbz and laurel (edit: no it doesnt im bad at math) and i hope the timer ticks to 7 on the forum clock and it's 2:1 and tbz gets voted out.

to caff:
i mean if we blindly accept your interpretation of events over my sharing of detailed information i could not have possibly obtained, lol. or, we look at a bunch of info i had no way of knowing about - it hasn't escaped my notice that you quietly disregard the fact that i knew callendor down to the word 'vigilante' in the info of it. somehow i know the specific details about sameheda's wording too despite it being impossible in your mind that i got it, or the specific wording of whatever shadowpea's gotten. or the fact that there has yet to be a post of me pretending i'm the spanish inquisition for the fun of it, all my posts that give off any sorta hints about my former abilities all indicate an information role that involves sheathed weapons that "fucks with reality" by duping their abilities.

to vizh:
i have no weapons and one ability currently. on night 3 i can use shadowpea's ability which is: i choose two targets, anything that A does is redirected to B, and it will not let A know that unless A has an information ability. after that i have no abilities.
I'm presenting a world that ties in with the information we currently have. You've presented us with three bits of information as a counterargument to clear yourself of this world:
1. Hints towards Callandor's ability
2. Eli's PR
3. Shadowpea's ability

There are methods in which you could gain this information and the world where you're scum is still open.

First of all I want to clarify some things.

hi, i'm town

someone stole my sword so i guess i can talk about what my ability was since someone stole it

i was able to during the day, draw any sword that got sheathed as like a duplicate, and then use it once at next available opportunity. i drew callandor d1 which is why i was talking about the "flavor" of callandor clearing its original owner since it literally is a vigilante kill weapon in what tommy sent me when i got it - it has the word vigilante in the text.

i drew samehada day 2 which was maybe foolish of me because i thought i could change my choice until night but tommy sent me the message of what it did immediately, which is why i asked in thread what it did bc i wanted to gather info and then maybe switch over to blades of chaos or whatever. samehada (now im slightly confused on this one) let me steal an item's ability, but then in the next paragraph it says i copy it. so i assume target keeps the weapon and i get a 1-time use of that weapon's ability? it didnt give me the weapon name

i decided to use that to check what ability shadowpea had bc they were lower down on the scum list far as i could tell and hadnt acted like they dropped a weapon yet, nor had they picked up one, so i was curious if they had an ability that i could describe as a scum. i figure that night attention of any other town info roles would be focused on other higher-sus folks. i dont know if shadowpea is scum but they have a weapon that allows for quiet redirects (no warning unless target a has an information ability) - they target person a and person b, and whatever person a was doing gets put on person b.

i don't have the master sword (which is what allowed me to do above) anymore. it got taken from me and i thought i'd see it sheathed in thread like what happened to psy but it's not. so im currently weaponless which means i can only just chitter chatter in this thread until someone's willing to give me something.

i get caff's logic, and in the context of the mechanics as far as caff's understanding, it does make sense. but consider: if i'm the scum role with the "kill at night" sword, in what world do i also have all of this info about blades i have never touched - callandor, samehada, whatever shadowpea's got. if you ISO me you'll see that my posting fairly clearly indicates information role in line with what the master sword can do.

so i would very much like folks to not vote for me. i don't think caff pushing me results in a scumread of them by me, but just a misinterpretation of whatever happened eod d2
In this post you talk about "the scum role with the kill at night sword". I don't think this is a good interpretation of the faction kill. Everything I'm presenting assumes that scum get their role and decide who performs the faction kill each night. I'm proposing that you used it Day 2 and as a result scum weren't able to use it on Night 2. I've asked Tommy several questions about interactions with the time knife and the faction kill and I've been told this is what would happen.

Now we move onto the three bits of info.

1. Callandor
who has callandor again? i know what it does and im unsure if blowing up their spot is safe
This is the only hint towards Callandor's ability you give before Schia claims what it does.
AG kill (janitor vig) was me via Eli, read our interactions D1 concerning whether to lunch Psy or not, see the progression that starts with me talking about Scaring Him Straight, Eli relies "You do it" which I quote and say "Okay", followed by a comment about waiting for GrubHub to arrive. I mention grubhub running late, and Tommy eventually drops Callandor, which Eli and I both acknowledge.

He calls it useless because why on earth would you advertise a vig as such, but we continue to proceed through the EOD1 discussion of Psy/AG with the understanding that whichever one is not voted, the other should be vigged. This is what was being hinted at with all the "let me ask mom" stuff, and this is why me and Eli had each other as locked. Hal would have understood this immediately upon receiving the sword, which is why he cosigned the read and also went with the "Callandor is useless" play.

I was 50/50 between HH and LS last night and shot at Hh, which did not resolve last night - so I'm assuming AG flip tipped maf that Call=Vig and I was blocked. I'm outing now as it's likely already outed to maf and, frankly we can solve this on sheer amount of clears. If the extra KP gets abused by anyone's role bullshit then it's better that we're able to trace it.

Vizh SB. apricity CaffeineBoost

My lunch is at 11:30 but otherwise I'm out til this afternoon
While technically you could just be copying Schia's claim to fake your PR, we know your PR is genuine so it's safe to assume that on Day 1 you chose to copy Callandor and on Night 1 you didn't spend it. So Callandor is explained most likely by you using your ability to copy sheathed items.

2. Samehada
what's samehada do btw
This is the only instance of you mentioning Samehada by name before Nuxl's flip. This certainly implies you didn't know what it did at the time. You now claim to have copied Samehada Day 2 and that's why you know what it does, but the issue is that we all know what it does, Eli got flipped. The world in which you genuinely were time knifed still holds since you can just read Nuxl's flip to learn what Samehada does. Before you refute anything here, I'll move onto

3. Whatever it is that Shadowpea has
No quotes needed for this one, this is just logic. You claim Shadowpea's ability is a redirect which is awful convenient for you, since you claim to not have been time knifed during cycle 2. Regardless, we cannot verify this and you knowing Shadowpea's role doesn't clear you either since in the world you were time knifed, you could've learned from Laurel in the scumchat what Shadowpea's ability does due to Laurel's rolecop, or depending on how my role interracts with yours, you could've picked up Shadowpea's item on Night 2.

Conclusion
You still have a redcheck on you, you're in the PoE, you're the optimal execution.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
callandor: i called the weapon flavor-town and got told off d1 about flavor calls. which is fair. but i called it flavor-town because i knew it had the word vigilante in it which is a town word.

samehada: in the message you're trying to pick apart i mentioned that i was a fool by picking up samehada and asking what it did, bc tommy then told me and i discovered that i couldnt swap which weapon i picked up until nighttime. but sure, ignore that part of the post

shadowpea: my apologies for including the information i had that i got via the master sword

conclusion: we got two scum at the cost of only two town. oden yesterday was like, "kill me so i flip town and things are easier", now it's me. i have nothing to do in this game anymore without the master sword and no way to get it back, and i dont intend to pick up any other weapons since that's historically been scumread which is valid. i dont even have any logic on how to use the redirect, so i wasn't going to use it. so i'm literally just a vote for whatever town wagons, but we should have enough votes that we don't need mine. you're welcome to wash down the information i provided to justify your "no she must've gotten it a different way" bandage. i've provided verifiable wording information on things i could not have possibly had access to.

CaffeineBoost

Order of operations:

Shadowpea claims their role and targets.

Maybe give Vizh Callandor for a day vig shot.

Callandor goes back to someone so we can use a night vig shot.

At some point between some of those steps, I get a look at Callandor.

callandor: i called the weapon flavor-town and got told off d1 about flavor calls. which is fair. but i called it flavor-town because i knew it had the word vigilante in it which is a town word.

i've provided verifiable wording information on things i could not have possibly had access to.
These are the only parts I want to address.
1. I genuinely somewhat believe this, and I think it is somewhat towny, but the rest of it just isn’t.

2. You genuinely could have had access to it as scum. Saying otherwise is just wrong.

You are aligned with Mafia. You win when all opposing factions have been eliminated.

You are Arima, from the Tokyo Ghoul. You start the game with Owl.

At any time, you may sheath Owl into the thread. Any player may respond with Draw: Owl. The first to do so will receive Owl along with its abilities.

The wielder of Owl may: Target a player, they will receive a report on all items/weapons currently in the target's possession. They will also be informed what the items do.
maf investigative

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
says at any time, so if the assumptions is that they can use it night and day then i guess the math could work out that i have enough info for this despite the supposed timeknife that i never got a notification about

a fairy

Community Leader
listen ive got no more information i can give, i basically did everything up to copy-pasting my entire pm thread. somehow not a single piece of information i've given has been disproven but i'm still redchecked because caff claims timeknife.

CaffeineBoost

listen ive got no more information i can give, i basically did everything up to copy-pasting my entire pm thread. somehow not a single piece of information i've given has been disproven but i'm still redchecked because caff claims timeknife.
I'm not trying to disprove your information, I'm trying to show that your information doesn't clear you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)