Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Thief
- Population Bomb
- Psychic Fangs

You end up with a stat spread of 94/105/90/115/95/121. It's Maushold on steroids.

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
That
What if Maushold but Girafarig?

Maushold (Girafarig) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Thief
- Population Bomb
- Psychic Fangs

You end up with a stat spread of 94/105/90/115/95/121. It's Maushold on steroids.
Stantler has better stats for that, just slightly tho. also beat up or bite over thief, but yes Maushold can be very destructive, thats why I run rocky helmet
Alright, I tried the Stench Population bomb thing and fortunately it sort of sucked NGL. This thing has the same Atk as Maushold and no good way to boost it, and with power creep it's only able to 3HKO Pokémon and dies to pretty much anything. It's also unable to run a Focus Sash due to needing Wide Lens. I'd say my team in general wasn't the best, but this set definitely wasn't good either. Regardless, I still feel like it should be banned because even if it's not the best it still doesn't feel very healthy for the meta.
If its bad, why would we ban it? Its a gimmick set that relies on RNG and isn't like kings rock where you can slap it onto anything you want.

Also without Ice Scales do you guys think Stored Power with Quiver Dance would be a problem? It seems like you guys thing banning Ice Scales will fix it, and it could, I just want general thoughts on it. Let me know when you see me on showdown or reply to this, I don't care which.

If its bad, why would we ban it? Its a gimmick set that relies on RNG and isn't like kings rock where you can slap it onto anything you want.
IDK, just doesn't feel healthy, could be totally wrong though. On reconsideration, I think I was just plain wrong but that's where I was coming from LOL.

Also without Ice Scales do you guys think Stored Power with Quiver Dance would be a problem? It seems like you guys thing banning Ice Scales will fix it, and it could, I just want general thoughts on it. Let me know when you see me on showdown or reply to this, I don't care which.
I've played some more ladder battles and have come to the conclusion that Stored Power is the problem, as I have found many Stored Power sets that don't use Ice Scales. Ice Scales might also be banworthy, but right now it's hard to tell due to most Ice Scale crevos also being broken due to Stored Power. If you just ban Ice Scales Stored Power will continue to exist, so I'd say start there.

I actually hadn't considered banning Stored Power instead of Ice Scales. But in hindsight it's odd that I didn't.
Because that reminds me of the Misdreavus-Frosmoth I've faced before, and they were fine? For me at least. Granted, I have a dedicated special Wall in Toedsdos (and I need to burn Tera for stray Ice Beams), but if that one can handle it, then the matchup against a stored powerless Giraf-Frosmoth shouldn't be much different.
However, Giraffemoth has another fancy tool to use: STAB Psyshock, which deals big damage against Toedsdos and forces me to Tera just in case they run it, which in turn leaves me open for the possible Tera Fighting Blast.

Damage comparison between Giraffemoth and Misdreamoth
  • +1 252+ SpA Girafarig Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Toedscool: 160-190 (36.8 - 43.7%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +1 252+ SpA Misdreavus Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Toedscool: 139-165 (32 - 38%) -- 0.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
But this is what Giraffe can also do:
  • +1 252+ SpA Girafarig Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Toedscool: 286-337 (65.8 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +1 252+ SpA Girafarig Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tera Steel Toedscool: 143-168 (32.9 - 38.7%) -- 5.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +1 252+ SpA Tera Fighting Girafarig Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Tera Steel Toedscool: 288-338 (66.3 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Toedsdos can 2HKO offensively invested variants, but requires a Super Effective Knock Off or high rolling on EQ
  • 0 Atk Toedscool Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Girafarig: 172-204 (47.6 - 56.5%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 0 Atk Toedscool Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Girafarig: 224-264 (62 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

In the end banning Stored Power could mean that there might be some special walls that can take on Giraffemoth (Psyshock is still tough to deal with), but at least Unaware walls won't have to fear it anymore. Also, again, this is just based on my experience with non-Stored Power QDancers, so pretty much Misdreavus-Frosmoth.

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
People using last respects with mons faster than houndstone
Houndstone is not broken in the meta(yet) due to normal types being popular and Houndstone has to have a stage one base, and even with the fastest base available its weak to prio. I haven't seen a lot of Houndstone on ladder for good reason, its not that good. But we may ban Last Respects before home drop as Basculin white-striped can get it.

I just started playing this mode, and I've started messing around with a couple of fun sets that I haven't seen anyone talking about:

Vivillon (Frogadier) @ Choice Specs/Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Compound Eyes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Hurricane
- U-turn

This is just a really REALLY solid set for pumping out damage with a high speed. Frogalon's special attack is sky high with choice specs, and you get access to 3 different 110+ bsp attacks that are all at 90% or higher accuracy thanks to compound eyes, two of which have STAB. Plus, you have U-turn so it can really be a solid pivot. You can run boots instead of specs if you need to switch your attacks up, or if your team doesn't have particularly good hazard control, but I suspect you miss out on quite a few kills that way. I haven't calc'd to know for sure, though.

Chansey (Varoom) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Parting Shot
- Toxic/Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Haze/Thunder Wave (or Toxic, if you did TWave in slot 2)/Stealth Rock/Seismic Toss/basically whatever utility you need

Vansey is basically old school chansey with somewhat less health traded off for better defenses and can't be toxic stalled. Plus, you get parting shot as a pseudo-teleport that you're almost always going to get off last. I've been running haze as my last move because of all of the Frosmoth crevos running around, but that can really be basically whatever slot you need to fill for your team. I wasn't sure if you could use eviolite when the crevo selected is in the middle of its evolutionary line, like Chansey is. If you can, then I'd probably consider running Eviolite over HDB. The one main downside is that you have to be extremely careful around hard hitting ground types, but considering that Chansey has a similar problem with pretty much all physical attackers, that's not a huge trade off.

Speaking of Frosmoth, I'm surprised people haven't been talking about this as a potential set:
Frosmoth (Gimmighoul) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Scales
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam

It's just a basic Frosmoth set, but Gimmighoul has a good defensive typing and solid base defenses for an unevolved pokemon, so I'm enjoying Gimmimoth quite a bit. It doesn't hurt that it has one of the highest base Sp. Attack stats of any tier 1 evolveable pokemon. Girafimoth is probably the better choice due to having a higher special attack stat and access to Psyshock for the Frosmoth crevo mirror, but sometimes it's fun to run something other than the absolute best option.

Speaking of Frosmoth, I'm surprised people haven't been talking about this as a potential set:
Frosmoth (Gimmighoul) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam

It's just a basic Frosmoth set, but Gimmighoul has a good defensive typing and solid base defenses for an unevolved pokemon, so I'm enjoying Gimmimoth quite a bit. It doesn't hurt that it has one of the highest base Sp. Attack stats of any tier 1 evolveable pokemon. Girafimoth is probably the better choice due to having a higher special attack stat and access to Psyshock for the Frosmoth crevo mirror, but sometimes it's fun to run something other than the absolute best option.
I think the issue with Gimmimoth isn't it living in Girafmoth's shadow, since they at least differ from each other in typing. The bigger problem is its competition from another stage one Ghost in Misdreavus-Frosmoth, which is pretty much "Gimmighoul, but more", both in terms of stats and movepool. But if one is willing to accept the very low speed (which is the main drawback of using Gimmighoul over Misdreavus), that at least opens up the option to use Misdreavus as a base for something else.

I think the issue with Gimmimoth isn't it living in Girafmoth's shadow, since they at least differ from each other in typing. The bigger problem is its competition from another stage one Ghost in Misdreavus-Frosmoth, which is pretty much "Gimmighoul, but more", both in terms of stats and movepool. But if one is willing to accept the very low speed (which is the main drawback of using Gimmighoul over Misdreavus), that at least opens up the option to use Misdreavus as a base for something else.
Good point, though Gimmimoth does have the advantage of having quite a bit more defense. On the other hand, Misdreavus is fast enough that the higher speed will generally let her attack a threatening opponent first, and the wider move pool is more useful as well.

Hey, remember when I said that Tinksharp wasn't a problem? Yeah, I've changed my mind and my analysis that it might've been personal experience was right. Basically, Hippodos was able to switch in and would be able to Tera into Water to resist Gigaton Hammer and Ice Hammer, if they had it, and Earthquake would OHKO them if they had no HP investment or nearly OHKO them if they had investment. I also greatly underestimated its strength and didn't realize it could OHKO so many things.

But yeah, this thing is broken. Gigaton Hammer is just a nuke and can OHKO most enemies, including common walls such as Clodsparce. You're pretty much forced to have a counter for this thing, and if it ever faints, next time Tinksharp switches in, you're going to have to sacrifice a Pokémon. Its typing is actually really good, as Steel gives it immunity to poison, so it becomes pretty much impossible to stall it, and even if the opponent couldn't use Toxic due to fearing being KOd, an immunity to Toxic Spikes is very appreciated. It also means that Tinksharp is able to setup on Pokémon such as Clodsparce. It can't use Coil because Tinksharp will just use Swords Dance and Mold Breaker makes it so that the boost isn't ignored, leaving switching out and using an attacking move as the only options. As for Dark, it allows it a free switch-in on Grimmsnarl crevos when they use Parting Shot, and also allows it to use Swords Dance or nuke the next Pokémon with Gigaton Hammer. Additionally, some Pokémon that would normally counter it by outspeeding and KOing it instead die to Sucker Punch. It can also Terastallize to survive a Ground or Fighting move and potentially nuke the opponent with a Gigaton Hammer.

Also, I've recently noticed more and more Primeape-Corviknight, and there's no way this is a coincidence after Gimlaf suggested it specifically for a Tinksharp counter. That feels just slightly too centralizing to me.

I've seen some people suggest banning Terastallization as a solution for this, but this doesn't work for the same reason it doesn't work for Frosmoth/Stored Power. Terastallization helps to counter it as well, and without it it becomes a bit harder to do so. Now let's say that, theoretically, it became purely easier to deal with Tinksharp. Alright, that still doesn't matter much because it's still broken without Tera. At that point there'd be no reason to ban Tera when you could just ban Tinksharp itself. I also haven't heard suggestions to ban Terastallization outside of these two Pokémon, and I'm pretty sure you're supposed to ban the abuser before the thing being abused.

With all this being said, I still stand by what I said earlier. Bisharp isn't broken, Tinksharp is. Bisharp, despite being an incredibly good base, doesn't have any broken sets outside of Tinksharp, where only Gigaton Hammer is broken. So personally, I'd ban the move.

Last edited:
Also, I've recently noticed more and more Primeape-Corviknight, and there's no way this is a coincidence after Gimlaf suggested it specifically for a Tinksharp counter. That feels just slightly too centralizing to me.
I didn't realize I hold this much power. Did I actually bring Toedsdos into existence??
The funniest part is, Primeknight isn't as reliable as I first expected. Because Tinksharp can just shape its coverage depending on what it wants to decimate (like with Ice Hammer), and run Brick Break of all things (which has a 25% Chance to OHKO at +2).

And, after looking at the calcs, my physdef Vaporsparce doesn't hold up too well either, simply because it does less than 50% with Surf. Who said Tinksharp's special bulk could be taken advantage of? I have no clue of who would say such things. If the Tinksharp user just wants to get that out of the way, even something as simple as Gigaton, SD, Gigaton can already cripple Vaporsparce so much that it's easily finished off by Tinksharp's teammates. And trying to Protect (after all, it's WishPass) on the Gigaton isn't something that should be called reliable.
And there are other ways that 1v1 can play out. If it has Knock Off and/or SDs on the switch, things look much, much worse for Vaporsparce.

I've seen some people suggest banning Terastallization as a solution for this, [...]
I see your point that Tera can also be used as a defensive measure to this, as well as in general. So, at least in regards to Tinksharp, point taken.

With all this being said, I still stand by what I said earlier. Bisharp isn't broken, Tinksharp is. Bisharp, despite being an incredibly good base, doesn't have any broken sets outside of Tinksharp, where only Gigaton Hammer is broken. So personally, I'd ban the move.
Yeah, banning the move seems to be the right way there. After all, Haxsharp didn't seem to take off (though that might've just been because Tinksharp did instead), and that also had Mold Breaker on top of better offensive stats.

i haven't gotten to try this build out or the mode yet but there is something that came across my mind when looking through who you can evolve with.
1680622007179.png
x
1680622041679.png

since moves are also allow to be cross shared, this gives the mouse the ability to not only have skill link but also shell smash making these pop bombs fucking hurt and will always be a granted 10 hit no matter what. (if you don't miss the 90% at the first bit)

the stats after this evolve goes to
70/80/125/80/65/105
so here's a little build i made for it if anyone is interested in trying it

Cloyster (Tandemaus) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Population Bomb
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast

anyway this is my first time doing these post and hoping i did well, have a great day <3

Okay, I just need to gush here after an intense match on the ladder that I somehow pulled back after a spectacularly disastrous misclick.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9crossevolution-1836671060

I mean, they did let me set up with no care in the world, but my interest in Clodzor turned into outright adoration, after the weight it had pulled there. (That feeling when the Unaware wall beats Tera Fairy Tinksharp, lmao)
On a more serious tone, Clodzor actually has its merits beyond just being a stonewall to Stored Power users. It acts in a similar way to Clodsparce, but with the benefit of a Toxic immunity right off the bat, while shoring up its Defense more quickly. The drawback is having to rely on Body Press as the attacking move, but Toxic at least somewhat helps against Ghosts...unless they are immune to Toxic. It's probably not as reliable or splashable as Clodsparce, but this allows a Dunsparce base for something else.

:sv/bronzor: :Clodsire:
Clodzor
Typing: Steel/Psychic
Stats: 132/54/101/44/161/28

Clodsire (Bronzor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fighting/Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Body Press
- Toxic
- Iron Defense
- Recover

The set, as mentioned, is just standard Clodsparce stuff, but with IronPress instead of Coil and Body Slam/EQ.
I chose Tera Fighting to add more bite to Body Press and resist incoming Dark moves (Hey there, Tinksharp), but Tera Poison works if you want to keep the Toxic immunity.

i haven't gotten to try this build out or the mode yet but there is something that came across my mind when looking through who you can evolve with. View attachment 505132xView attachment 505133
since moves are also allow to be cross shared, this gives the mouse the ability to not only have skill link but also shell smash making these pop bombs fucking hurt and will always be a granted 10 hit no matter what. (if you don't miss the 90% at the first bit)

the stats after this evolve goes to
70/80/125/80/65/105
so here's a little build i made for it if anyone is interested in trying it

Cloyster (Tandemaus) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Population Bomb
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast

anyway this is my first time doing these post and hoping i did well, have a great day <3
That's not a great set, 80 attack just isn't that much. If you want Population Bomb shenanigans evolve something into Maushold and use Tidy Up.

+2 252 Atk Tandemaus Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 480-570 (140.7 - 167.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Technician Stantler Population Bomb (10 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 480-570 (140.7 - 167.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Okay, I just need to gush here after an intense match on the ladder that I somehow pulled back after a spectacularly disastrous misclick.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9crossevolution-1836671060

I mean, they did let me set up with no care in the world, but my interest in Clodzor turned into outright adoration, after the weight it had pulled there. (That feeling when the Unaware wall beats Tera Fairy Tinksharp, lmao)
On a more serious tone, Clodzor actually has its merits beyond just being a stonewall to Stored Power users. It acts in a similar way to Clodsparce, but with the benefit of a Toxic immunity right off the bat, while shoring up its Defense more quickly. The drawback is having to rely on Body Press as the attacking move, but Toxic at least somewhat helps against Ghosts...unless they are immune to Toxic. It's probably not as reliable or splashable as Clodsparce, but this allows a Dunsparce base for something else.

:sv/bronzor: :Clodsire:
Clodzor
Typing: Steel/Psychic
Stats: 132/54/101/44/161/28

Clodsire (Bronzor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fighting/Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Body Press
- Toxic
- Iron Defense
- Recover

The set, as mentioned, is just standard Clodsparce stuff, but with IronPress instead of Coil and Body Slam/EQ.
I chose Tera Fighting to add more bite to Body Press and resist incoming Dark moves (Hey there, Tinksharp), but Tera Poison works if you want to keep the Toxic immunity.
Alright, I like this set a lot, but I couldn't help but notice they didn't have any Unaware mons and were a bit lacking on special attackers. I'm not too sure how well it would do against those (especially if it's something like a Skeledirge). Still good, don't get me wrong, it's just that I'm curious how well it would do against them.

Alright, I like this set a lot, but I couldn't help but notice they didn't have any Unaware mons and were a bit lacking on special attackers. I'm not too sure how well it would do against those (especially if it's something like a Skeledirge). Still good, don't get me wrong, it's just that I'm curious how well it would do against them.
Well, Unaware is a real thorn in its side. But the defensive ones can just get Toxic-ed.
In regards to Special attackers: Unless it's a boosting Mold Breaker or has strong Super Effective STAB, Clodzor should be fine. After all, it's full SpDef.
Someone in the OM Room asked before (as the topic was using this guy against Giraffemoth) "But what if Shadow Ball?".

So I calced a fully invested Base 170 SpA Shadow Ball. (admittedly, no STAB and no boosting item)

252+ SpA Girafarig Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzor: 120-142 (25.6 - 30.3%) -- 0.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery.
Take that however you will.

My Fellow Cross Evolution Players
I Would Like To Bring To Your Attention This Extremely Funny Crab (That Made It To Top 10 On Ladder)

:sv/crabrawler: :sv/ceruledge:
82/157/97/52/107/103
Ceruledge (Crabrawler) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor/Flash Fire
Tera Type: Water/Dark/Fire
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Claw
- Crabhammer/Night Slash/Bitter Blade

So In Terms Of Other Cross Evo Pokemon, This Doesn't Seem That Good..... Right?

Now This Is Where The Fun Begins. As Shown With Annihilape And Marshadow, Ghost/Fighting Is A Phenomenal Typing, Hitting Everything For At Least Neutral Damage, And Two Valuable Immunities In Normal And Fighting. Access To Swords Dance On A Pokemon With An Attack Stat Most Pokemon Can Only Wish For, And Some Real Damage Can Be Dished Out. The Crab Has Two Great Abilities, One Giving A Fire Immunity, And The Other A +2 Speed Boost. As An Example, Here's Max HP Max Defense Clodsparce (175 HP 85 Defense) And Mudbray Gyarados (145 HP, 94 Defense) Two Common Pokemon Against The Funny Crab

252+ Atk Crabrawler Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dunsparce: 270-318 (48.7 - 57.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Crabrawler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mudbray: 406-478 (82.1 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If You Would Like To Try A Team With The Funny Crab, Here's One I've Been Piloting On Ladder.

Last edited:

DosDogs

I like Cross Evolution
is a Pre-Contributor
I Would Like To Bring To Your Attention This Extremely Funny Crab

82/157/97/52/107/103
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Claw

Now This Is Where The Fun Begins. As Shown With Annihilape And Marshadow, Ghost/Fighting Is A Phenomenal Typing, Hitting Everything For At Least Neutral Damage, And Two Valuable Immunities In Normal And Fighting. Access To Swords Dance On A Pokemon With An Attack Stat Most Pokemon Can Only Wish For, And Some Real Damage Can Be Dished Out. The Crab Has Two Great Abilities, One Giving A Fire Immunity, And The Other A +2 Speed Boost. As An Example, Here's Max HP Max Defense Clodsparce (175 HP 85 Defense) And Mudbray Gyarados (145 HP, 94 Defense) Two Common Pokemon Against The Funny Crab

252+ Atk Crabrawler Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dunsparce: 270-318 (48.7 - 57.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Crabrawler Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mudbray: 406-478 (82.1 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If You Would Like To Try A Team With The Funny Crab, Here's One I've Been Piloting On Ladder.
The problem against Clodsparce happens to be coil, or tera poison, so clod with coil and roost will most likely beat that mon, also you forgot to give the clod leftovers and most people don't run max defense, so here are some other calc's
252 Atk Crabrawler Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Dunsparce: 294-348 (53 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Crabrawler Drain Punch vs. +1 252 HP / 4+ Def Dunsparce: 198-234 (35.7 - 42.2%) -- 87.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Crabrawler Drain Punch vs. +2 252 HP / 4+ Def Dunsparce: 150-176 (27 - 31.7%) -- 33% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 0 Atk Dunsparce Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Crabrawler: 147-174 (48.1 - 57%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Crabrawler Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Tera Poison Dunsparce: 136-162 (24.5 - 29.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Crabrawler Shadow Claw vs. +1 252 HP / 4+ Def Tera Poison Dunsparce: 93-109 (16.7 - 19.6%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

these calc's show that, when played right, Clodsparce can beat this crab. I would recommend Tinksharp for wall breaking, this looks like it would be better placed as a sweeper after tanks, like Clodsparce have been removed.
notice how those calc's used 4+ defense instead of max defense, because most people use max SpD

the problem against Clodsparce happens to be coil, or tera poison, so clod with coil and roost will most likely beat that mon, also you forgot to give the clod leftovers and most people don't run max defense, so here are some other calc's
252 Atk Crabrawler Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Dunsparce: 294-348 (53 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Crabrawler Drain Punch vs. +1 252 HP / 4+ Def Dunsparce: 198-234 (35.7 - 42.2%) -- 87.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Crabrawler Drain Punch vs. +2 252 HP / 4+ Def Dunsparce: 150-176 (27 - 31.7%) -- 33% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Crabrawler Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Tera Poison Dunsparce: 136-162 (24.5 - 29.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Crabrawler Shadow Claw vs. +1 252 HP / 4+ Def Tera Poison Dunsparce: 93-109 (16.7 - 19.6%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

these calc's show that, when played right, Clodsparce can beat this crab. I would recommend Tinksharp for wall breaking, this looks like it would be better placed as a sweeper after tanks, like Clodsparce have been removed.
notice how those calc's used 4+ defense instead of max defense, because most people use max SpD
I Do see that, i was just using clod as a base for showing power because clodsparce is a common wall

I Would Like To Bring To Your Attention This Extremely Funny Crab

82/157/97/52/107/103
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Claw

You're probably going to never encounter this on ladder, but here's something that hard-walls it: https://pokepast.es/72b33c093d4582dd. Now, don't get me wrong, this absolutely sucks, but I found it funny and this was the best I could come up with.

If, however, you run Bitter Blade instead, there's actually a pretty common set that hard-walls it: https://pokepast.es/fb052df781519859. Ironically, this also gets walled by itself, but I think that's what usually run - though I'm not quite sure about this as I've never actually used it myself.

If you run pretty much any other move, though, you might get walled, but at least you'll be able to deal damage. (Crabhammer is still perfectly fine though.)

Anyway, now for a completely unrelated set I wanted to share here: https://pokepast.es/74b75e539d4c5f5e! Basically, it's a Prankster crevo but it has priority Destiny Bond. Maybe you'll catch your opponent off guard? You could also change the base and some of the moves to make this work a bit better, such as giving it a non-status move so that Destiny Bond effectively lasts for 2 turns. Be warned, though, if the base is Stage 1, it'll have to use Morgrem as an evolution if it wants to set screens. The once exception is Ralts, but that's just a worse Kirlia.

EDIT: Taunt could also be good on this.

Last edited:
I'm asking the community for their most annoying sets. I haven't found anything truly heinous yet but this one can grind some gears.

Slaking (Tinkatuff) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Truant
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough/Thunder Wave
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Great to lead with. You can probably run a more defensive spread. 135/135/75/85/92/88 base stats. Skill swap truant is hilarious. Please share your nasty ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)