NOC Animal Mafia ~Game Over~

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i mean to be fair that doesn't really say anything about the distribution of the types of roles between teams. i would say it's unlikely to have two communication roles on the same team so that part still holds for me

While I definitely see your Jalmont == Scum line of reasoning I’m not quite sure of Asek was actually pressuring any scum slots (perhaps one) and was offed just due to their general activity and good play, 2 things scum wouldn’t want. Not saying Jalmont couldn’t be scum, just thinking that Asek is a good D1 kill for scum in general

Also Whydon isn’t towncleared by that persuade in the slightest lol
Gonna quote a couple things related to the derpclear that earlio has been skating on by so i can analyze them; bear with me.

3P1K is posting meaningless fluff so far about the the persuade, gonna read what they did D1 when I get off mobile. I have reason to believe Aubisio is actually persuaded, from what I’ve seen so far this game seems decently role-heavy (perhaps no true vanillas?) and I could see a mafia (or town lmao) persuade being in this game in spite of its pointlessness. I’m not quite up to speed on the whole Blazade issue (gonna read up) but aubisio’s other reads seem awfully low hanging with the easy Haruno target and calling out Jalmont when I’ve seen him play much more idly and “irrational” before as town. Could be some sort of scum play to make aubisio look town via a persuade
Lynch Aubisio

I’ll look over other ppl later and also where the fuck is Durza
Lmao how was he Vanilla town? He could make another player a Vanilla Town once per night, I thought Vanilla Town had no roles whatsoever :|

HE KNEW asek was offed n1 as pointed out by the first post; so just not noticing the role that got flipped doesnt clear anything. If he didnt know asek died then we might have a derpclear worth debating?

the first quoted post*
but as is methinks its closer to a scumtell than a towntell if you wanna call it alignment indicitive as he knew asek got bopped w/o reading the flip?

How tf is one VT claim more mechanically likely to be scum than another VT claim? And if i wanted to solve this via setup spec my lynch wouldve already been on you.
Okay whatever. People have been missing this detail for awhile now, I've been hoping one of you would catch it so I wouldn't have to. But whatever. This is what you missed in mechanical evaluation.
Aubisio role said:
You are a cute and tiny hummingbird! You are so small, that you can hide from the other animals whenever you want, and nobody can find you! Use "Commute <Night X>" to hide from everyone! You can only do this a maximum of three times this game, otherwise the other animals will know all your hiding spots!

You are aligned with the Bad Animals. You win when the number of Bad Animals in the game are equal to or more than the number of Good Animals.
Now with that role. There are only a few things that the mafia would want to protect from.
1. The one shot vanillizer
2. A town redirector

Like there are other things that do target: Watcher, Voyeur, messanger, role cop. But all of those roles really hold no value to help the mafia. Like what does the mafia care if they are targeted by a watcher or a messanger/role cop? It doesn't really do anything for them. However it does when you consider that town has the potential to redirect a kill.

Now the particular oddity here, is how aubisio claimed. He first claimed just being an asetic (fsr, his claim actually says commute so how? Though I'm actually about to answer that so w/e) he probably claimed that because to the mafia, that's essentially what he was. Since unless town has a vig (and I guess they think we didn't) then they wouldn't need to protect from a kill, thus commute = ascetic to the mafia. Now, however. Later on clearly aubisio clearly got some clarification that he could also hide from kills. Considering he had no business not claiming that initially, it's best to assume he learned that after the day people claimed. Now of course the whammy here, is there's only one reason where the mafia would want to know if someone can hide from kills. Only if the village can kill a mafia member. Now no one has claimed vig so obviously that is off the table. Leaving the obvious clear for me. I'm the only villager who can possibly cause a village aligned kill, which in turn is why the mafia have a role which can not only hide and stop my redirect, but also possibly stop the kill part of a redirect, should I be lucky enough to have that happen.

Not to mention you know, there's the obvious fact that a mafia redirector has no business ever claiming and if I was actually mafia redirector. I would be publicly known as VT. So seriously. No. Mechanically there's just no way I can be mafia. and I really really don't understand people don't see the obvious link of two possible role investigatives (earlio and apricity) infering that the mafia has some roles which are obviously scum. XX was probably one of them, but that alone doesn't really account for why town's investigative power would be in roles. Which in turn is why it's almost certain a VT claim is actually a mafia role.

Okay whatever. People have been missing this detail for awhile now, I've been hoping one of you would catch it so I wouldn't have to. But whatever. This is what you missed in mechanical evaluation.

Now with that role. There are only a few things that the mafia would want to protect from.
1. The one shot vanillizer
2. A town redirector

Like there are other things that do target: Watcher, Voyeur, messanger, role cop. But all of those roles really hold no value to help the mafia. Like what does the mafia care if they are targeted by a watcher or a messanger/role cop? It doesn't really do anything for them. However it does when you consider that town has the potential to redirect a kill.

Now the particular oddity here, is how aubisio claimed. He first claimed just being an asetic (fsr, his claim actually says commute so how? Though I'm actually about to answer that so w/e) he probably claimed that because to the mafia, that's essentially what he was. Since unless town has a vig (and I guess they think we didn't) then they wouldn't need to protect from a kill, thus commute = ascetic to the mafia. Now, however. Later on clearly aubisio clearly got some clarification that he could also hide from kills. Considering he had no business not claiming that initially, it's best to assume he learned that after the day people claimed. Now of course the whammy here, is there's only one reason where the mafia would want to know if someone can hide from kills. Only if the village can kill a mafia member. Now no one has claimed vig so obviously that is off the table. Leaving the obvious clear for me. I'm the only villager who can possibly cause a village aligned kill, which in turn is why the mafia have a role which can not only hide and stop my redirect, but also possibly stop the kill part of a redirect, should I be lucky enough to have that happen.

Not to mention you know, there's the obvious fact that a mafia redirector has no business ever claiming and if I was actually mafia redirector. I would be publicly known as VT. So seriously. No. Mechanically there's just no way I can be mafia. and I really really don't understand people don't see the obvious link of two possible role investigatives (earlio and apricity) infering that the mafia has some roles which are obviously scum. XX was probably one of them, but that alone doesn't really account for why town's investigative power would be in roles. Which in turn is why it's almost certain a VT claim is actually a mafia role.
The bolded part it the biggest bullshit i have heard in awhile. Mafia dont want to get tracked by a watcher to a kill. Aubisio himself wouldnt have wanted to get spotted out by a rolecop. Hell even a vanilla cop like xnad may not have wanted to get caught by apricity.

"Now the particular oddity here, is how aubisio claimed. He first claimed just being an asetic (fsr, his claim actually says commute so how? Though I'm actually about to answer that so w/e) he probably claimed that because to the mafia, that's essentially what he was. Since unless town has a vig (and I guess they think we didn't) then they wouldn't need to protect from a kill, thus commute = ascetic to the mafia. Now, however. Later on clearly aubisio clearly got some clarification that he could also hide from kills. Considering he had no business not claiming that initially, it's best to assume he learned that after the day people claimed. Now of course the whammy here, is there's only one reason where the mafia would want to know if someone can hide from kills. Only if the village can kill a mafia member. Now no one has claimed vig so obviously that is off the table. Leaving the obvious clear for me. I'm the only villager who can possibly cause a village aligned kill, which in turn is why the mafia have a role which can not only hide and stop my redirect, but also possibly stop the kill part of a redirect, should I be lucky enough to have that happen." Soooo because Metal Sonic opted to make aubisio commuter>acestic you are conftown mechnically. This is some of the WEAKEST modgaming i have heard in awhile tbh

If you are scum then it litterally WOULDNT MATTER WHICH HE USED! And if it doesnt matter which MS uses in terms of functionality then he can effectively use either.

Didnt answer my initial question; from a raw mechanical standpoint which is how you are going about this why proph>me.
Primarily because of proph's behavior but also as a slight smaller reason, because I feel like hawkie would be more likely to be mafia...but that goes back to the whole player metagaming that gave me headaches so w/e. I still want to do an ISO on proph but I've been procrastinating hugely so we'll see if I still have time for that tomorrow.

The bolded part it the biggest bullshit i have heard in awhile. Mafia dont want to get tracked by a watcher to a kill. Aubisio himself wouldnt have wanted to get spotted out by a rolecop. Hell even a vanilla cop like xnad may not have wanted to get caught by apricity.
No mafia don't want to be tracked to a kill. But unless I'm misunderstanding how a commuter would work, aubisio couldn't do anything if someone was watching the person he killed. The only thing he would stop is if whydon were to try and watch him which does absolutely nothing for mafia because it's not like they would intentionally aim roles are one of their own normally. Also ngl, I don't think it would really matter role cop wise since that role isn't really particularly any alignment (but it is typically more town than a straight up ascetic so lol).

No mafia don't want to be tracked to a kill. But unless I'm misunderstanding how a commuter would work, aubisio couldn't do anything if someone was watching the person he killed. The only thing he would stop is if whydon were to try and watch him which does absolutely nothing for mafia because it's not like they would intentionally aim roles are one of their own normally. Also ngl, I don't think it would really matter role cop wise since that role isn't really particularly any alignment (but it is typically more town than a straight up ascetic so lol).
and a vannilizer; zzz

Soooo because Metal Sonic opted to make aubisio commuter>acestic you are conftown mechnically. This is some of the WEAKEST modgaming i have heard in awhile tbh
Did you not read what I wrote. The point behind that is that there's clear thought process there. If aubisio/mafia had realized they could block a kill with aubisio's role then why not have that in his claim initially? Or hell, even later that day. But no, clearly he got that information at some time later. Meaning the mafia were in a position where they wanted to know if they could block a kill, which has very obvious meanings.

Did you not read what I wrote. The point behind that is that there's clear thought process there. If aubisio/mafia had realized they could block a kill with aubisio's role then why not have that in his claim initially? Or hell, even later that day. But no, clearly he got that information at some time later. Meaning the mafia were in a position where they wanted to know if they could block a kill, which has very obvious meanings.
You are completely factoring out the possibility of a legitimate role misunderstanding but i'll allow it.

If half the scumteam not wanting to be caught by apricity doesnt account for why his role is present then idk what does.
Exactly...? Unless you are saying that people would be inclined to autolynch a commuter which in that case. No. That's not a role that's automatically something you lynch. A PR cop is...more so, but not quite. Neighborizer is usually something towny so that wouldn't be either. Turning again to the point where it's more likely someone like you or proph is hiding their role under a VT claim.

Aubisio stated they realized the mistake almost immediately after the claim which they had no real motivation to lie about as it as the timing of the realization was NAI regardless.

You are completely factoring out the possibility of a legitimate role misunderstanding but i'll allow it.
I'm pretty sure that's what it was initially. But then why correct it later on? If someone has a misunderstanding they don't suddenly fix it unless they have a reason to reassess their understanding of it. It doesn't just magically happen.

Exactly...? Unless you are saying that people would be inclined to autolynch a commuter which in that case. No. That's not a role that's automatically something you lynch. A PR cop is...more so, but not quite. Neighborizer is usually something towny so that wouldn't be either. Turning again to the point where it's more likely someone like you or proph is hiding their role under a VT claim.
If you are implying a rolecop is only useful if it sics a a scum aligned role then I am done with this convo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)