NOC Bard's College Mafia - Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aura Guardian voting Champ is cool and all but when you get back I want to see reads on some of the other players in the game. There has been quite some discussion since you voted her.
I'm a little mentally wiped out, I'll do some looking tonight, but my response and reads will be after I get back from the airport tomorrow.

Not quoting more, but champ's responded in a way that I'm not completely sure about, but which my gut says isn't mafia. Unvote for now.

On second thought, it's early enough in the game that I can crank out a few isos tonight.

shubaka17
wait, no posts? And they HAVE been online since the game started - they liked a post by UncleSam this afternoon.
Read: SUSPICIOUS, but need any data ... for now.

Former Hope
9 posts. Suggested ability # claims, then voted me for strenuously objecting to said suggestion. Then claims they were fishing for reactions, and liked mine / sorta liked mxmts. Didn't unvote, though; and later replied to champ that they were voting me b/c I was voting them - omgus. Jokes about WIFOM. Left for a while b/c Black Friday. Then they swap to toni to pressure an inactive, then quickly unvoted b/c toni hadn't been on since the game started. HOWEVER, toni then almost immediately (just 7 minutes) posted stuff.
Read: Leaning Scum. Too hard for me to tell, though.

Meowmixx
I think it's actually MeowMiXXX and the OP has a typo and got the wrong user. 6 posts. RVS, then a little joking. Then very short calls to various users with nearly no reasoning (except the Jalmont one, which I'm not sure what to make of). Asks Texas for opinions of Champ, and agrees with summary almost immediately after. Actually, that entire exchange was very quick.
Read: Scum.
The timing is too suspicious re: how fast their conversation with Texas went. Also, not much contribution; mostly fluff.

bluedoom
11 posts. RVS, Calls out Earlio for skipping actual contribution opportunity to just RVS. Calls out Champ for FH thoughts and calls out saying there's no harm in unvoting v/c deadline timing and not plurality. Also calls out voting to pressure in leiu of voting with a case to support. Calls out Champ for talk about irrelevant stuff. Also calls out Champ as suspicious for stuff re: FH vs me.
Read: Town. Asks for reads a lot, but also gives thoughts freely.
Their case on Champ is actually very well thought-out. As you can see in my MeowMiXXX read, I read scum there - before I completed this review, I was changing my vote to MeowMiXXX. However, going over this showed me that I unvoted a little too soon.
Lynch Champ1604

(MeowMiXXX is next on my list)

Then they swap to toni to pressure an inactive, then quickly unvoted b/c toni hadn't been on since the game started. HOWEVER, toni then almost immediately (just 7 minutes) posted stuff.
This is mild out of game stuff, when I noticed that they hadn't been on since Sunday, I messaged Acid on discord at 10:24 my time with "So uh, the last time toni was online on smogon was Sunday... so they haven't even seen their role pm...." and then after they responded that they would poke people who haven't posted, I unvoted which I guess was a minute later (ngl, it felt like a longer pause between those things).

*that said*, I think it's actually rather interesting that 7 minutes later Toni posts. Especially given that if they were town, 7 minutes to be pinged by Acid, go in, read your role PM and then post.

Now a crackpot theory would be that they already knew of their role because of
setup rules:
-mafia has an assigned faction kill, and has 24/7 chat (both a smogon conversation and a discord will be created, they can talk in whichever)
But that's speculation...but still a rather interesting one.

I didn't get the first line. "I think trying to read people so early is stupid" isn't that you saying that the basic foundation of town (i.e. scumreading) is bad?
My point is that trying to read people in this stage is useless, there's almost no concrete evidence, and literally anything we do could be interpreted as "scummy"

MoodyCloud - any interest at all responding to my questions?

I understand your position, but I don't think that she is experienced at mafia from I've read in her past couple of NOC games, where she was SK and Mafia. I also don't think scum would be scared of the wagon when half the votes are RVS votes.

I wouldn't move my vote off of Champ either but Earlio ignoring the content in the game is scummy, agreed.
Mm, okay. I was just basing this off of zero meta knowledge, as I do not have any experience with Champ (plus I think taking an opposing stance to issues can be helpful to sort out reads).

While I appreciate Champ answering my questions I am slightly concerned about the lack of a more substantial catchup/more proactive questioning. Kind of want to leave her alone to see what kind of content she'll generate on her own, but we only have like, 48 hours until EoD?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
MoodyCloud - any interest at all responding to my questions?

Mm, okay. I was just basing this off of zero meta knowledge, as I do not have any experience with Champ (plus I think taking an opposing stance to issues can be helpful to sort out reads).

While I appreciate Champ answering my questions I am slightly concerned about the lack of a more substantial catchup/more proactive questioning. Kind of want to leave her alone to see what kind of content she'll generate on her own, but we only have like, 48 hours until EoD?
mafiascum yeah?

I don't play on mafiascum.

Played a couple of games there three or four years ago but I don't really like the site meta there. No idea how many of their members can play so many games at once without quality of play decreasing drastically.

Not voting? Fam, I was on XnadrojX.
Good morning, btw. Reading through, KOC brings up good points on mxmts, though I disagree with Prophylaxis about Earlio. He's an unusually fluffy dude on town, and he's only slightly less fluffy and more idle as mafia. I don't scumread him right now based on the past experiences I've had with him, but even so, I want him to post more, so I will Unvote/Vote Earlio. You better start talking, buddy.
So Earlio is the type of player who will generally not contribute content as both town or scum? How do you catch him if he's scum, and how do you townread him if he's town?

Seems like every mafia site has one of these types of players and I find them all universally difficult to read, because.. when you sign up for a game of mafia you sign up to play the game, and doing nothing and ship-toasting is not that enjoyable to me.

KoC said:
Prophylaxis I've only had one person quote my discussion points. Next time, please don't dismiss my scumhunting efforts as irrelevant. Give me room to work, okay?
Sincere apologies for this; I'm not really intending to dismiss your scumhunting methods, just that I was questioning how your thoughts would help us lynch scum.

Texas Cloverleaf said:
No skating through day 1 for you this game. Start doing things or I begin the crusade
A fair amount of content produced on Day 1 and you can only vote a lurker?

I mean, even though it's consistent with the stuff you posted when the game began, mind weighing on recent events? Like, why do you say we aren't lynching Champ Today?

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
gut says champ isn't town and she's engaging with the game, bad lynch

i dont like to go hard on days im working, i'll probably do something of value tomorrow

but also let's kill jalmont

Former Hope is probably town?

This is mild out of game stuff, when I noticed that they hadn't been on since Sunday, I messaged Acid on discord at 10:24 my time with "So uh, the last time toni was online on smogon was Sunday... so they haven't even seen their role pm...." and then after they responded that they would poke people who haven't posted, I unvoted which I guess was a minute later (ngl, it felt like a longer pause between those things).

*that said*, I think it's actually rather interesting that 7 minutes later Toni posts. Especially given that if they were town, 7 minutes to be pinged by Acid, go in, read your role PM and then post.

Now a crackpot theory would be that they already knew of their role because of

But that's speculation...but still a rather interesting one.
It's kind of an OOG read, but I'd be pretty impressed if scum!Former Hope managed to dig himself deep enough to the town psyche to post this. I just think that scum wouldn't even bother to fake/think about the crackpot theory - it wouldn't be something that would enter his mind.

How does everyone else feel about this?

Texas Cloverleaf

in the last game on this site former hope successfully convinced me he was mafia, as town

in the game prior, he convinced me he was town, as mafia (albeit i still tried to kill him from PoE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)