SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If UB Adhesive doesn't evolve, I'm sure it will at least still be weaker than the current Ultra Beasts. There's no way Game Freak would make the player defeat something with a 570 BST while they still have a Dartrix.

Also, I find it odd that you can travel through Ultra Space on Solganala, since it would presumably be busy being possesed by Necrozma. I think it's very likely that the Solganala you ride on isn't Nebby, but rather the legendary from the other version of the game.

Fire/Ghost is a great typing, but I still would've liked to see Fire/Fairy or Ghost/Normal on Burst. We've already got a dope Fire/Ghost this gen with Alowak. Hopefully he'll get fire blast/flamethrower/some other decent special-fire move that doesn't kill you if you use it twice. Z-Mind Blown may be good for pure wallbreaking, but you won't be sweeping with the move.

Rock/Steel is a disappointment. I got hyped over a potential purely-defensive Ghost/Steel Aegislash replacement. Like how the fuck is Assembly not ghost type? It's even a pair with Burst and everything, they should share a type. Ghost/Rock would've been ok, even. Like I just don't understand why it doesn't share a type with Burst especially when it definitely looks like a ghost. As is, it'll probably go right to PU along with its brothers, Probopass and Bastiodon.

Sticky looks like a pure purple Mega Mewtwo Y or something. If it were to evolve and gain a second typing, maybe it'd be steel? A poison/steel mon would be pretty dope.

Though stuff like this makes me wish that some UBs had an HA. Shit like Kartana and Pheromosa adore beast boost, but Assembly would love Levitate, as would Sticky's theoretical poison/steel evo.

All this traveling through actual new locations in ultra space may have me convinced to buy the game. Still want more alola forms though.

Edit: In retrospect the recoil on Mind Blown will probably work like Nature's Madness, but it's still not ideal.

Last edited:

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
If UB Adhesive doesn't evolve, I'm sure it will at least still be weaker than the current Ultra Beasts. There's no way Game Freak would make the player defeat something with a 570 BST while they still have a Dartrix.

Also, I find it odd that you can travel through Ultra Space on Solganala, since it would presumably be busy being possesed by Necrozma. I think it's very likely that the Solganala you ride on isn't Nebby, but rather the legendary from the other version of the game.
The necrozma fusion likely comes later or you're right. Hm...
About that UB, didn't the player battle nihilego at level 29 in sm? Most people would have the fully evolved starter by then but there would be a large enough number of those who don't.

Can I just say that Game Freak have really outdone themselves recently?

A lot of us were really worried USUM wouldn't have much new content but damn, USUM is looking a lot better than SuMo right now in terms of story. Definitely hyped now. A lot of doubt has been cleared from my mind that these games are worth my money - they are.

The necrozma fusion likely comes later or you're right. Hm...
About that UB, didn't the player battle nihilego at level 29 in sm? Most people would have the fully evolved starter by then but there would be a large enough number of those who don't.
That battle ended after a certain number of turns anyway. This is shown to be in a trainer battle.

There's the possibility of something sort-of replicating BW2.

Lunala/Solgaleo is already present in the world, gets captured by Necrozma, and you evolve Cosmog in the opposite legendary in order to save the cover lege, and get to keep both.

Also, high BST on the new UB trainer battle can be dealt with lower level moveset.

Think of Nihilego:
upload_2017-10-5_17-17-3.png

Moveset 1 when you meet it at level 29 or so, compared to Moveset 2 when you meet it wild.

So we now know that the "only two new Pokemon because Pokedex numbers only leave room for two" theory is false. But it raises the question: what *is* going on with the Pokedex numbers? Why have they made room for exactly two Ultra Beasts if there are more than two?

I can think of two reasons:

1) The new third one is actually a Mythical that gets used by trainers ingame -- super weird, but not impossible. This would suggest that we've now seen all of the non-mythical Ultra Beasts.
2) They are actually putting all of the new mons after Marshadow, and the two new slots between the UBs and Cosmog (I think it was?) aren't for Burst and Assembly at all, but for something else. Probably two legendaries added to the Alola dex, judging by the placement.
3) Adhesive is special for some other reason that means it's listed separately from the other Ultra Beasts.

You fight Nihilego at level 27 in Aether Paradise, yeah. It wasn't overpowered then and Adhesive probably won't be in USUM when it is likely to be the only Pokemon on the team and there is a possibility you may out level it with one or two of your 'mons. (Heck, i didn't even know the Nihilego fight had a turn limit)

Can I just say that Game Freak have really outdone themselves recently?

A lot of us were really worried USUM wouldn't have much new content but damn, USUM is looking a lot better than SuMo right now in terms of story. Definitely hyped now. A lot of doubt has been cleared from my mind that these games are worth my money - they are.

That battle ended after a certain number of turns anyway. This is shown to be in a trainer battle.
Ultra Recon guys wouldn't have a full team of UBs most likely, so probably it's the same case as Nihilego, except it might be lower-levelled because the background looks like something like Panolia ranch. Unless GF boosts their TrollFreak mode or give a giant finger to those that deemed SM too easy the level shouldn't be WAY above 14, the general level of trainers at that time. 580 BST or not wouldn't really matter a ton.
And never forgot that magnemite in Trainer's school which wipes out most guys during their first run...

So we now know that the "only two new Pokemon because Pokedex numbers only leave room for two" theory is false. But it raises the question: what *is* going on with the Pokedex numbers? Why have they made room for exactly two Ultra Beasts if there are more than two?

I can think of two reasons:

1) The new third one is actually a Mythical that gets used by trainers ingame -- super weird, but not impossible. This would suggest that we've now seen all of the non-mythical Ultra Beasts.
2) They are actually putting all of the new mons after Marshadow, and the two new slots between the UBs and Cosmog (I think it was?) aren't for Burst and Assembly at all, but for something else. Probably two legendaries added to the Alola dex, judging by the placement.
3) Adhesive is special for some other reason that means it's listed separately from the other Ultra Beasts.
I think because it's encountered so early in the adventure, it's actually much earlier and separated from the other UBs.

Consider how Type Null is just plopped in the middle of the alolan dex even though it should probably be towards the end.

I think because it's encountered so early in the adventure, it's actually much earlier and separated from the other UBs.

Consider how Type Null is just plopped in the middle of the alolan dex even though it should probably be towards the end.
Same with Zygarde, which makes the two legendaries theory less likely. But Nihilego wasn't separated despite battling it earlier, and we have no reason to expect Adhesive to be catchable earlier.

Which makes me wonder if Zygarde will make an appearance as well or it'll just stay thrown there for no apparent reason other than give it a gen 7 new form for science.

Same with Zygarde, which makes the two legendaries theory less likely. But Nihilego wasn't separated despite battling it earlier, and we have no reason to expect Adhesive to be catchable earlier.
nihilego also didn't get into the pokedex and was only briefly encountered
Adhesive might be encountered much more often, and possibly even named.

Oh, am I too late to the party?

Hmm, the new UB is... even weirder now. Before, we had something that seems alien like Nihilego and the Bugs UB-ABSORBTION and BEAUTY (Buzzwole?, Pheromosa) or so otherworldly like UB-LIGHTING (Xurkitree?) or UB-BLASTER (Celesteela). But this UB-Sticky now looks too... too familiar than being alien, it's probably just the same or even less alien than Elgyem?. No, seriously, looks too familiarly cute to be something alien. Around the same problem with UB-Burst being too familiarly clown-like despite being extradimensional being.

But anyway, with this Ultra Recon squad, looks like we have "alternate universe" that is more than half or even completely different than the original story we had, not same recycled story with slight alteration. We actually have new different guys here, this is going to be interesting. And does this also mean UB is now playing major role with the main story instead of being limited to post-game? Although actually catching them would be post-game and it is that these guys would be facing us with these UBs just to make us drool first....

Also, no news about Team Skull? Missed them already....

Last edited:
Aside from Cosmog, I wonder if they're also interested in the totem Pokemon & z moves? They mention the auras from the Kahuna, which probably comes from his z ring, but the totems have always had the same auras as UBs so...

I'm also wondering about the mention that US and UM will have a different "perspective" on the story due to the different people of the Ultrapatrol the player meets.

I don't want to have to buy both, someone will have to tell me the other one >:(

Fire/Ghost is a great typing, but I still would've liked to see Fire/Fairy or Ghost/Normal on Burst. We've already got a dope Fire/Ghost this gen with Alowak. Hopefully he'll get fire blast/flamethrower/some other decent special-fire move that doesn't kill you if you use it twice. Z-Mind Blown may be good for pure wallbreaking, but you won't be sweeping with the move.

Rock/Steel is a disappointment. I got hyped over a potential purely-defensive Ghost/Steel Aegislash replacement. Like how the fuck is Assembly not ghost type? It's even a pair with Burst and everything, they should share a type. Ghost/Rock would've been ok, even. Like I just don't understand why it doesn't share a type with Burst especially when it definitely looks like a ghost. As is, it'll probably go right to PU along with its brothers, Probopass and Bastiodon.

Sticky looks like a pure purple Mega Mewtwo Y or something. If it were to evolve and gain a second typing, maybe it'd be steel? A poison/steel mon would be pretty dope.

Though stuff like this makes me wish that some UBs had an HA. Shit like Kartana and Pheromosa adore beast boost, but Assembly would love Levitate, as would Sticky's theoretical poison/steel evo.

All this traveling through actual new locations in ultra space may have me convinced to buy the game. Still want more alola forms though.
You don't know what its stats will be like. So quit assuming just because it has 2 4x weaknesses. It could get recovery moves who knows and it may get monstrous Defensive stats

You don't know what its stats will be like. So quit assuming just because it has 2 4x weaknesses. It could get recovery moves who knows and it may get monstrous Defensive stats
Guzzlord couldn't even get Rest so I'm not too optimistic on the prospect of the ultra defensive self recovering rock/steel type.

I look at Assembly and see Bastiodon: but more. Sky high defense, special defense, probably shove extra points into those and attack and low HP & Speed (& Speical Attack)

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
The thing is this typing is doomed to be a defensive typing from the mere start. Those weakness are way too common

And before you say Heatran Defensive typing has a x4 weakness to a common offensive typing, Heatran has a good amount of x4 resistances, so it indeed can compensate, Mega Scizor is in a similar situation

Heck, Mega Scizor and Rock/Steel have similar resistances, so at least Assembly has a really good support movepool, it'll be doomed as a defensive mon

The thing is this typing is doomed to be a defensive typing from the mere start. Those weakness are way too common

And before you say Heatran Defensive typing has a x4 weakness to a common offensive typing, Heatran has a good amount of x4 resistances, so it indeed can compensate, Mega Scizor is in a similar situation

Heck, Mega Scizor and Rock/Steel have similar resistances, so at least Assembly has a really good support movepool, it'll be doomed as a defensive mon
Maybe they switch it around and give it extremely skewed offenses and low speed, so that it'll be a perfect TR attacker. But being based on a fort suggests otherwise.

Maybe they switch it around and give it extremely skewed offenses and low speed, so that it'll be a perfect TR attacker. But being based on a fort suggests otherwise.
also the attacks it's been shown with have been Iron Defense & Wide Guard
so... probably not an offensive power hosue

Yeah, there's a pretty good reason that when they decided to make Aggron better they took away its rock typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)