SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we’ll get a repeat of ORAS’s “all the legendaries lol”. I think they specifically wanted to cut down the amount of work people had to do to complete the national dex and make sure every legendary was available for VGC16. With gens 6 and 7 now being enough to fully complete the national dex and VGC16 being widely regarded as a failure, no reason to do something like that again.

I instead am very convinced that we are getting a "All legendaryes available" of sort.

The main issue is that Legendaryes are unique and very hard to obtain for people who don't gen and don't own previous titles.
With some patience, you can get all the "normal" pokedex and most S/M legendaryes since you have duplicates of them provided in game, but every other gen legendary is near impossible to obtain on GTS without you trading your own S/M ones (and even then).

Implying that 2018 VGC allows entire national dex as usual, someone who doesn't own previous titles should not be cut off competitive, which is essentially why literally all non mythical Legendaryes were available in some way between ORAS and XY.

A very similar pattern to ORAS (-ultra-rifts opening in places which you just click and legendary spawns) is realistic to happen in USUM post game (in the end, the game is all about UltraRifts connecting dimension to begin with).

I can see maybe gen 1 and 2 legendaryes not showing, since the VC games are extremely cheap to obtain and also the main method to obtain several HA non legendary Pokemon, but I am confident that every gen 3+ Legendary will be catchable in USUM in some way, in similar fashion of how they are slowly confirming the idea I proposed that every Mega pokemon will be available in USUM Pokedex rather than needing other games and events like in S/M.

I don’t think we’ll get a repeat of ORAS’s “all the legendaries lol”. I think they specifically wanted to cut down the amount of work people had to do to complete the national dex and make sure every legendary was available for VGC16. With gens 6 and 7 now being enough to fully complete the national dex and VGC16 being widely regarded as a failure, no reason to do something like that again.
ORAS was used for 2015 as well, which was national Dex without all the cover legendaries. Considering the rules will most likely involve using Pokemon obtained in Gen 7 (similar to how Pokemon only allowed in gen 6 was the ruleset for 2014 - 2016) it would mean that they would need to add in stuff like Zapdos, Suicune, Cressalia, ect. in for them to be allowed in a potential meta for 2018

Curious about this:

It looks like we get to the base of whatever organisation these guys are from. Could be Aether, could be new. Regardless, they seem to end up helping the main character in the story as he/she wears a similar suit when riding Solgaleo/Lunala. Maybe there isn't a villain organisation in this game?
The perspective, grunts everywhere, straight line up to a big base-type building, the general layout and even the spikes on the side are making me think this is what Po Town now looks like.

Also did I miss something, how did we suddenly get into a conversation about whether or not this game will have every legendary?

In general, they like letting you access most of the pokemon within a single generation
Extra legendaries also gives extra things to do in the post game.

Obviously that can change on a dime (see also: we are missing half the non-legendary pokedex) but I think extra legendaries added will always be a thing.

Dunno if they would do the hoopa rings again for this gen however. I mean they could just say the legends gathered for the potentially dangerous threats (necrozma and ultra beasts) but then again alola is pretty out of the way in terms of the map, and the tapus are probably known by the others to keep things in check anyway. It'll be interesting for sure.

HGSS and ORAS made all previous legendaries available to allow completing the National dex without needing to market an older handheld. B2W2 didn't need to do that, and USUM doesn't need to either.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
In general, they like letting you access most of the pokemon within a single generation
Extra legendaries also gives extra things to do in the post game.

Obviously that can change on a dime (see also: we are missing half the non-legendary pokedex) but I think extra legendaries added will always be a thing.
Alola is a new direction, evidenced by what you said. It's just unlikely that they'll add all the legendaries, or many at all tbh. They're getting greedier with Pokémon Bank, forcing more and more players to rely on it.

News Wrap-up: Sorry for double posting.

1. You will be visiting different sections of the Ultra Beast's homes, and the void-like space apparently is the hometown of Nihilego - The other ultra beasts seem to live in places that are (suprisingly) not-so-alien sections of Ultra Space.
2. The new gang is called "Ultra Discovery Team". They use ultra beast and a pure poision type UB is introduced in the name of "Sticky" which somehow actually looks like Marshadow.
3. The city is known as "Ultra Metropolis" which is said to have their light stolen by Necrozma.
4. Burst is known to be Fire/Ghost and Assembly is Rock/Steel. GG Assembly you will be remembered as another shitmon.

So we have another new Pokemon, this time a pure poison? I'm starting to wonder if we are going to get a UB for each/most types.

It also looks like Mind Blown (Burst's move) has recoil damage? So maybe expect a base power similar to Double Edge (i.e. 120) Still waiting for the typing, but seeing as we already have flare blitz i'm hoping for ghost.

Finally, with Assembly's typing, I'm hoping Trollfreak make its highest stat speed.

So we ACTUALLY visit the Ultra worlds.

Enough, take my money already Nintendo.

Actually you already have, send me the game already :(

Memes aside.
Seembs i predicted the Rock Steel right for Assembly.

and also the Ghost / Fire though i'm disappointed by it, I was really hoping for Ghost / normal or another unique typing.

My roundup from the Japanese trailer

- A new world is known as Ultra Hall and is accessible by riding Solgaleo/Lunala
- Necrozma stole the light from another new world known as Ultra Megalopolis, the world that I referred to earlier
- The mysterious organisation is known as "Ultra Recon Squad", with four main characters (in order they're shown in the above trailer): ダルス (Dulse), アマモ (Zossie), ミリン (Phyco), and シオニラ (Soliera, or salted leeks, who we saw in the earlier trailer)
- When you first meet them, they say "You're also not from Alola, you came from far away", suggesting that they are also not from Alola
- The second scene of dialog shows Dulse say "We only want to confirm one thing now"
- The third scene of dialog mentions some kind of aura and the effects of the Kahuna
- Soliera then tells Phyco to "investigate that guy" (i.e. battle) and she sends out this thing, known as UB Sticky (Adhesive in English), a poison type:

- UB Burst is revealed as fire/ghost
- UB Lay is revealed as rock/steel
- UB Burst's signature move びっくりヘッド (Mind Blown) is performed by exploding his own head, doing damage to himself of up to half his max HP (according to this)

Reactions: Mq
I think Adhesive will be part of an evolutionary line.
You seem to encounter the other team using it relatively early on, it seems much more "basic" than the others, it just has the air of something that will evolve.

That's not necessarily proof of anything, of course. Komala is a big example. But an evolving UB would be neat and maybe we can get another poison dual type.

Adhesive is adorable. But for an Ultra Beast it's not a good thing IMO. It does not look weird.

Now, that Ultra Megalopolis sounds like it's outright placed in Ultra Space, and it looks really cool. People from another alternate universe trying to colonize it, perhaps?

This english trailer is the first one so far that is good and surprising.

And let's all of us give our condolences to UB Lay's potential as a wall with that Rock/Steel typing.

Last edited:
Don't like any of these three new UB typings at all... Missed an opportunity for a new unique typing with UB Burst.

I hope the Ultra Worlds can be visited during the maingame, and that there might be some new Alolan formes. Otherwise, not hyped at all right now.

My roundup from the Japanese trailer

- A new world is known as Ultra Hall and is accessible by riding Solgaleo/Lunala
- Necrozma stole the light from another new world known as Ultra Megalopolis, the world that I referred to earlier
- The mysterious organisation is known as "Ultra Recon Squad", with four main characters (in order they're shown in the above trailer): ダルス (Dulse), アマモ (Zossie), ミリン (Phyco), and シオニラ (Soliera, or salted leeks, who we saw in the earlier trailer)
- When you first meet them, they say "You're also not from Alola, you came from far away", suggesting that they are also not from Alola
- The second scene of dialog shows Dulse say "We only want to confirm one thing now"
- The third scene of dialog mentions some kind of aura and the effects of the Kahuna
- Soliera then tells Phyco to "investigate that guy" (i.e. battle) and she sends out this thing, known as UB Sticky (Adhesive in English), a poison type:

- UB Burst is revealed as fire/ghost
- UB Lay is revealed as rock/steel
- UB Burst's signature move びっくりヘッド (Mind Blown) is performed by exploding his own head, doing damage to himself of up to half his max HP (according to this)
So is Mind Blown like a possible Fire type Head Smash? Also, if it's special, this will make it the second Special move that causes recoil (just as an FYI)

I hope the Ultra Worlds can be visited during the maingame, and that there might be some new Alolan formes. Otherwise, not hyped at all right now.
It's quite evident from the two trailers (the one shown yesterday on TV and this one) that you do visit the ultraworlds during the storyline.

If you notice, one of the places shown in today's trailer was where Necrozma (?) was lieing in a barrier (?) in yesterday's trailer.

Don't like any of these three new UB typings at all... Missed an opportunity for a new unique typing with UB Burst.
I'm fine with Fire/Ghost since like Buzzwole/Pheromosa, Kartana & Celesteela the typing

Pure poison is kind of lame, but if it evolves maybe it will pick up a second typing and join Nihilego in the unique poison club.

Assembly is just...a disappointment on every level. Like at least be part ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)