Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Pages like pokemonshowdown.com/users/sumwun list the user's ratings in various formats. All the formats seem to be categorized into either "official ladder" or "unofficial ladder". What's the difference between the two?

Ceteris Paribus

I am inevitable.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pages like pokemonshowdown.com/users/sumwun list the user's ratings in various formats. All the formats seem to be categorized into either "official ladder" or "unofficial ladder". What's the difference between the two?
I believe "Official Ladder" consists of official tiers such as Ubers, OU, UU etc when they are fully set in stone and out of alpha/beta. The "Unofficial Ladder" consists of mostly other formats/metas such as monotype, 1v1, an official tier will only fall into this catagory if it's under a suspect test or still in alpha/beta.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Official refers to Ubers, OU, UU, ect (not in beta/alpha) Its not properly updated atm though and still refers to gen6 tiers. It makes no real difference though and will be updated soon.

How to log back in?
I tried clicking choose name than entering the name that i logged in with, but that doesnt work for me, is there another way of logging back in (i have no password)?

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
How to log back in?
I tried clicking choose name than entering the name that i logged in with, but that doesnt work for me, is there another way of logging back in (i have no password)?
You can use the command /nick [name] to log into your account. If this still doesn't work, you might want to contact a global staff member (users with @ in the Help room) to have them check if your previous session is still connected to PS, in which case they'll be able to help you by forcerenaming it. This is due to the fact that two people cannot log into the same unregistered account, so you might want to register your PS account when you get it back

Reactions: A
You can use the command /nick [name] to log into your account. If this still doesn't work, you might want to contact a global staff member (users with @ in the Help room) to have them check if your previous session is still connected to PS, in which case they'll be able to help you by forcerenaming it. This is due to the fact that two people cannot log into the same unregistered account, so you might want to register your PS account when you get it back
How to use commands, btw i somehow can't use new names either. So i cannot join any chat or do anything else than watching others battle. I still have my teams thought, i think i'm like half logged in.

Last edited:

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
that's odd, have you tried incognito mode or a different browser to get a new name? That should work.

How should I format the css code for custom.css to implement a custom server wallpaper?
This is what I've tried so far:

body{
background-image: filename.png
}

So I have a question. Is it possible to battle someone with a team that's outside of any officially sanctioned tournament rules? I'm not meaning in a random battle. More like, if I know my friends user name, and they agree to battle with me, can we have a battle with pokemon teams that aren't legal for tournament modes, or are we only allowed to battle within the sanctioned tournament modes?

So I have a question. Is it possible to battle someone with a team that's outside of any officially sanctioned tournament rules? I'm not meaning in a random battle. More like, if I know my friends user name, and they agree to battle with me, can we have a battle with pokemon teams that aren't legal for tournament modes, or are we only allowed to battle within the sanctioned tournament modes?
You can challenge people to Custom Games, which have no limits aside from amount of Pokemon. They allow you to use any combination of Moves and Abilities on whatever pokemon you like, and you can even set their levels to 9999, give them up to 24 moves, and even max out all of their EVs.

You can challenge people to Custom Games, which have no limits aside from amount of Pokemon. They allow you to use any combination of Moves and Abilities on whatever pokemon you like, and you can even set their levels to 9999, give them up to 24 moves, and even max out all of their EVs.
oh, okay. cool. thanks!

How can a Generation 7 Hariyama know whirlpool? I'm pretty sure the only way to teach whirlpool to Hariyama is by Generation 4 HM, and Pokemon knowing HM moves can't be transferred. If it's really impossible, then why are whirlpool Hariyamas legal in Generation 7 formats?

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
How can a Generation 7 Hariyama know whirlpool? I'm pretty sure the only way to teach whirlpool to Hariyama is by Generation 4 HM, and Pokemon knowing HM moves can't be transferred. If it's really impossible, then why are whirlpool Hariyamas legal in Generation 7 formats?
Whirlpool is only an HM in HGSS, so if you send that Hariyama to a DPPt game and then transfer it to a gen 5 game, it won't be considered an HM anymore.
Likewise, that's how most Defoggers are legal: teach Defog in a DPPt game where it's an HM, then put the Pokémon in a HGSS game where it's not one anymore.

I don't really know where to put this, because it's a bug that only happens to me, as I've tested, but...
Every time I go to select a Nature using the Menu and not with plus and minuses, PS crashes completely.
Also Alt-Tabbing or simply reducing to icon the program STILL makes my PS crash. It's so annoying that I have to use the browser one even if I don't want to. What is causing this?
This has started to happen only recently, can't really tell when exactly it started, and reinstalling the problem fixes it... the first time I launch the program...
If this is the wrong place please point it out to me.

I don't really know where to put this, because it's a bug that only happens to me, as I've tested, but...
Every time I go to select a Nature using the Menu and not with plus and minuses, PS crashes completely.
Also Alt-Tabbing or simply reducing to icon the program STILL makes my PS crash. It's so annoying that I have to use the browser one even if I don't want to. What is causing this?
This has started to happen only recently, can't really tell when exactly it started, and reinstalling the problem fixes it... the first time I launch the program...
If this is the wrong place please point it out to me.
You're more likely to get an answer if you ask in the technical support thread.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
How are the levels in random battles determined? It seems to be generally based on tier placement, but there are Pokémon in the same tier that are different levels, so idk

Edit: Apparently I'm an idiot and didn't see this answered recently in this thread. *Facepalm*

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)