Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

Warriors > Spurs in 5 or 6. Hard to bet against Spurs ever but they were a long shot to beat the dubs even with TP and a healthy Kawhi.
Cavs > Celtics / Wizards in 5. The Cavs are a matchup nightmare for the Celtics, there is nobody for them to hide Isaiah on, they have prolific offensive rebounders in Love and TT, and then there's Lebron James too. The Wiz on the other hand probably match up slightly better considering Wall + Beal could give the Cavs some issues, but they won't have home court which is apparently huge for them and I realistically have no idea who on their roster is capable of guarding Lebron James. Cavs beat either of them in 5 easily.

I think both Wiz/Celts can take 2 home games. Both teams are reeeeeeeaaaaaaally good at home. Frickin Celtics can't miss a shot in that damn arena.

About to grill some eatz for the game while spending time with my mother and fam. Happy mother's day to the women who put up with us in this thread, they're the real mvps.

Spurs in 6. I hope. Lol

Kawhi aving an MRI Monday morning. Hope everything is fine. Iggy also getting one on his left knee.

Last edited:
Curry was a freaking beast. No questions about his performance.
Durant was very good too.
Klay was a garbage bag, Jesus Christ. Terrible game. 2-11 and a couple of TOs.
Dray wasn't so good, too many fouls. He need to chill out.
Zaza did it on purpose, I think. He Jalen Rose'd Kawhi. A piece of trash. Even so, it's not excuse for the Spurs to blew a 25 point lead. They are very skilled and experienced to give up a way big advantage.

Having both Leonard and Parker out works against a team like the Rockets, but not the Warriors. I say it would be worth sitting Leonard for Game 2 because I highly doubt the Spurs will build that kind of lead again even with him at 100%.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i dont like how iso heavy san antonio has gotten, aldridge needs to stop fading his thicc ass into jumpers and holding the ball for so long all the damn time. as a knicks fan it's like combining the worst traits of porzingis and melo into one player

Honestly don't think Zaza did that on purpose. Also any spurs fans can't complain at all about what Zaza did whether it was dirty or not considering they literally retired Bruce Bowen's jersey lol

Even so, it's not excuse for the Spurs to blew a 25 point lead. They are very skilled and experienced to give up a way big advantage.
Name one team in the NBA who wouldn't lose a 25-point lead to what is considered one of the best formed teams in history without their best player.

Name one team in the NBA you are 100% confident in doing this lol.

like it's almost ridiculous how people simultaneously overrated and underrate the spurs at the same time.

*they beat the rockets in game 5 and 6 mostly without kawhi leonard* well damn the rockets should have won those games. that's the spurs for ya. good no matter who they face.

*they lose to warriors without kawhi* WTF SPURS WHAT A CHOKE JOB GOD

Name one team in the NBA who wouldn't lose a 25-point lead to what is considered one of the best formed teams in history without their best player.

Name one team in the NBA you are 100% confident in doing this lol.

like it's almost ridiculous how people simultaneously overrated and underrate the spurs at the same time.

*they beat the rockets in game 5 and 6 mostly without kawhi leonard* well damn the rockets should have won those games. that's the spurs for ya. good no matter who they face.

*they lose to warriors without kawhi* WTF SPURS WHAT A CHOKE JOB GOD
Warriors are the best at coming back they do it all the time. Picture and article is from Fivethirtyeight https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-warriors-dont-start-trying-until-theyre-down-15/

Attachments

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Honestly don't think Zaza did that on purpose. Also any spurs fans can't complain at all about what Zaza did whether it was dirty or not considering they literally retired Bruce Bowen's jersey lol
The more I look at the replay, the more convinced I am he did it on purpose. His reaction after the foul also shows he knew what he was trying to do. You're right about Bowen, but honestly this kind of stuff should have no place in basketball, hope the rules are adjusted.

Really sad that Kawhi is out. This series could have been one of the greatest in NBA history but with Kawhi's injury the Warriors are probably winning in 5.

Wall just died at the end with Beal leading the way and Kelly lit up somehow lol

John Wall Last 19 Minutes
Points 0
FG 0-11
3-pt FG 0-7

Wizards got a bit lost in the mix at the end.. shooting some unnecessary shots and, not really panicking, but playing like a bunch of inexperienced kids with Scott Brooks at their coach. It's a bummer.. both teams honestly look exactly the same, fighting to see who gets completely bodied by the Cavs next round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)