Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

Aldridge is worse on D than I thought.

.... Uh, guess I'll wait and see Pop's adjustment in game 2. I imagine he'll involve Harden in more plays to make him play defense, a more effort to post-up maybe and get the ball down low? More time for Dedmon/Simmons? I don't think they can play big against this team.
edit: Golden State versus Utah talks
(1)Golden State Warriors versus (5) Utah Jazz

“God damn draymond loves to tease people with his statlines.” – TDS_Gluttony

“The Jazz, after having won a Game 7 on the road against a chronically underachieving team, will face the Golden State Warriors in the second round of the playoffs. On the other side of the Western Conference, the San Antonio Spurs will face off against an incredible offensive team coached by Mike D'Antoni.

This sentence applies to both the 2007 playoffs and the 2017 playoffs.”-ramsick

“CP3 to Pierce during the 3rd quarter: "I'm gonna let your career end in LA”- i4LOVE4Pie4

The other side of the Western Conference semifinals contains two teams who are also extremely stark in contrast.

As with the San Antonio/Houston, this series will also be all about pace. While it is obvious that Golden State Warriors should be favored, this will be the most unique team they will face in the entire playoffs.

See, Utah is about minimizing possessions and slowing the pace. They also play a traditional center big minutes. Golden State is used to playing up-tempo teams or teams who gun for threes the way they do, but if you had to draft a script that would be the reason Golden State loses a series:
1) You limit points in the restricted area (Utah is ranked 8th)
2) You have multiple pick & roll ballhandlers so Curry is unable to hide on defense (this is why Los Angeles gets killed by both teams since Paul and Griffin are the only legit ball handlers)
3) You destroy them on the glass (Utah isn’t highly ranked in offensive rebounds per say, but they do have better rebounders overall)

I’m not saying Utah is going to win, but they have the team make-up to win if everything perfectly falls in place.

Compared to Los Angeles, Golden State do have taller, better perimeter defenders.. Kevin Durant included. If this is the old Golden State team, I’d be slightly wary but Durant is the swing that truly puts a wrench into Utah’s plan of attack. Durant is too talented defensively and too talented to guard one-on-one. Utah may have multiple pick-and-roll ball handlers, but they do not have another Gordon Hayward.

Gobert’s minutes may be limited to how long Golden State plays traditional and then he’s done. I hope Snyder isn’t foolish enough to think he stands a chance against the reputable line-up of death. Favors actually isn’t a half-bad idea to play against that esteemed line-up. He’s not as athletic as Green, but he did a pretty great job in the DeAndre/Paul pick-and-roll defensively; they otherwise wouldn’t here. Of course, Curry is an entirely different offensive beast from Paul, but his defense in the absence of Gobert was stellar. To be fair, Golden State has yet to face that small Utah Jazz team in the regular season.

Utah has to do its best to attack wherever Curry is, because during death line-up times, we might witnesses the most switchiest series ever. I can’t even wrap my head around the potential wing rotations both teams will use; I’m just going to say Utah doesn’t have Durant.

How about I make this simple this way:

Golden State win if: Line-up of death still can’t be stopped, Golden State has the superior wing efficiency, pace is up-tempo to fast, Utah doesn’t stand a ghost of a chance in guarding Durant

Utah wins if: Utah follows the script I wrote above, Favors is a better small-ball player than Green, ready or not Curry couldn’t hide, Gordon Hayward somehow has a better series than Durant (or maybe Durant isn’t healthy), the tempo is slow as hell

Golden State in six

Last edited:
Wizards can't guard shit without Gortat. Bench is ass. Meh.
You mean without Mahinmi. Gortat is not a good defender.

Also I have no idea why Jennings is still getting minutes, he's been a complete and utter liability. Gimme Sato or even goddamn Burke.

You mean without Mahinmi. Gortat is not a good defender.
Well he's still a + defender in the sense of playing Markief Morris/Jason Fucking Smith at the five.

Gortat helped in key possessions in the Atlanta series at least. Howard and Millsap at the five is no joke. He's at least a neutral defender out of what they have available.

edit: Parker out for the playoffs.... you fought hard, Spurs. I'm still proud of you.

Last edited:
so does anybody have 500 bucks to lend me so i can buy these kobe xi BIG BALLER ZO2s?
This whole situation with the Ball family is so embarrassing, man ... A guy who has a lot of potential being burned by his own father and apparently does not have the maturity to make him stop all that shit. I wanted the Lakers to draft the boy, but after all this negative media, I do not want him wearing purple and gold any more.

This whole situation reminds me of a football player here from Brazil called Jean Chera, whose father ended up ruining his son's career by making him leave Santos (a traditional team with youth team that simply revealed Neymar and Pele) to playing in a National League Fourth Division team.

That Ball guy gonna end in a Tier 2 EuroLeague team.

I'm hoping, for the sake of the kid, that his dad will leave him alone once he gets into the league. He'll probably want to spend a lot of time with the team and in the gym away from the dad, I mean, he has to after all this.

I get that you want to be a boss of your own brand and not be a "slave" and employee of Nike, Adidas, etc... but he's just being so aggressive with it and although I commend him for trying to do what's best for his boys and trying to make it for them. It does seem incredibly off-putting on how he's going about it. I can't imagine my dad doing shit like this.. even as a "normal" father he gives me second hand embarrassment sometimes.

You would think Ibaka would stop trying to "intimidate" Bron by now, I mean from the 2012 finals till now he hasn't exactly been too successful.

Same as the last two years, the only way the Warriors lose is if they pull off one of the worst collective chokes in league history, but who doesn't already know that?

At this point, even the Kardashians have a more justifiable reason to remain in the public eye than LaVar Ball. Then again, we might be giving him what he wants by talking about him so much.

I think it's possible(not saying it'll likely happen cause it likely wont just possible) that the warriors finish as the 1st team to go 16-0 in the playoffs

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
probably the same 'hacker' who did this a couple months back:

i'm immune to knicks drama at this point

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
LaVar Ball.
Who the fuck IS LaVar Ball anyway and why is he showing up on talking head shows lately anyway?
wikipedia said:
LaVar Ball (born October 23, 1968) is a retired American football player. He played professionally with the London Monarchs of the World League of American Football (WLAF) and was a practice squad member of the New York Jets and Carolina Panthers in the National Football League (NFL).

Ball is the father ofUCLA basketball playerLonzo Ball ... He drew widespread media attention upon his sons' rise to popularity in 2016 and due to a series of controversial claims he made in 2017.
Oh okay, he's actually a nobody.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)