[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
One more question. I got a Shiny Perfect Scizor in a link trade from IGN Sarah, ID: 39422. Legal moveset and everything. Are they also on that list of hackers? (It was in Gen 6)
As stated, a simple google search revealed a few instances of these pokemon in suspicious locations/hacked pokemon lists (1, 2, 3) - a google search for your Scizor yields no such results, but it is still highly suspicious.

As stated, a simple google search revealed a few instances of these pokemon in suspicious locations/hacked pokemon lists (1, 2, 3) - a google search for your Scizor yields no such results, but it is still highly suspicious.
Yup, I agree it is still but if no results came up it might be legit. It too said it was hatched (possibly via TSV hatching) so I wasn't to sure. If the account isn't known to be linked to a hacker think it's safe to keep?

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yup, I agree it is still but if no results came up it might be legit. It too said it was hatched (possibly via TSV hatching) so I wasn't to sure. If the account isn't known to be linked to a hacker think it's safe to keep?
Yes, there is the potential for it to be legit. Going only by the info that you've listed, it appears to be legal - but we cannot prove its legitimacy as we do not know its source. It won't harm your game in any way if you keep it, but I wouldn't go trading it here.

EDIT: Clarity

Last edited:
Yes, there is the potential for it to be legit. Going only by the info that you've listed, it appears to be legal - but we cannot prove its legitimacy as we do not know its source. It won't harm your game in any way if you keep it, but I wouldn't go trading it here.

EDIT: Clarity
Dont plan to trade it. If I see anyone every verify them as a hacker its gone instantly. Thanks

Last edited:
Got this thru Wonder Trade, p sure its hacked

Language: ENG
Species: Chansey
OT: James
ID No.: 190142
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): 4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 SpD
Ability: Serene Grace
Pokemon's name: Chansey
Level: 100
Pokeball: Ultra Ball
Shiny?: no
Pentagon?: no, Alola cross
Moves: 1) Soft-Boiled
2) Toxic
3) Flamethrower
4) Minimize
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Alola
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): Supposedly met on route 12 at level 28

2) Toxic
3) Flamethrower
4) Minimize
I see nothing wrong with it though... I can confirm it's at the very least legal.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

2) Toxic
3) Flamethrower
4) Minimize
The chances of getting a Bold 31/0/31/31/31/31 Chansey in the wild may not seem that small since you get 4 IVs guaranteed to be 31 at large chains. Assuming I did my calcs right (see Hide tab below), the odds of getting that chansey is 1/6144, doesn't seem that low at first, considering that's higher than the default shiny chance in some earlier gen games, but those odds aren't achieved by just encountering any and all wild Pokemon, they're achieved by a very long SOS chain, that can take about 30 minutes or so. I'm not even taking into account the fact that Chansey is such a rare Pokemon to find in the wild either! It's not like you can get anything specific from chaining something like this that you can't get from breeding, so it's much more logical that someone hacked it.

Since there are 2 IVs that aren't guaranteed to be 31 and only one of them has to roll on attack, the odds of that happening would be about 1/3. The chance of getting the right nature with a synch being used is about 1/2, and then there's the chance that the attack is 0 and the other randomized stat is 31, which is a 1/32 for both. Multiply all that together, and you'll get:
1/3*1/2*1/32*1/32=1/6144

The chances of getting a Bold 31/0/31/31/31/31 Chansey in the wild may not seem that small since you get 4 IVs guaranteed to be 31 at large chains. Assuming I did my calcs right (see Hide tab below), the odds of getting that chansey is 1/6144, doesn't seem that low at first, considering that's higher than the default shiny chance in some earlier gen games, but those odds aren't achieved by just encountering any and all wild Pokemon, they're achieved by a very long SOS chain, that can take about 30 minutes or so. I'm not even taking into account the fact that Chansey is such a rare Pokemon to find in the wild either! It's not like you can get anything specific from chaining something like this that you can't get from breeding, so it's much more logical that someone hacked it.

Since there are 2 IVs that aren't guaranteed to be 31 and only one of them has to roll on attack, the odds of that happening would be about 1/3. The chance of getting the right nature with a synch being used is about 1/2, and then there's the chance that the attack is 0 and the other randomized stat is 31, which is a 1/32 for both. Multiply all that together, and you'll get:
1/3*1/2*1/32*1/32=1/6144
You have a good point there, actually! Math isn't my forte haha. I assumed it was a veeery long SOS chain Pokémon, and while it's legal, well, looking at the odds the calcultations show us, it may be hacked after all.

Just got A Zekrom with the perfect nature on the gets. It was caught in unova by ALÎN (no results on Google search) and the ID is 55275. The thing that concerns me is the lack of a black pentagon near the markings (everything I've transferred has it but they all were caught in gen 6). Would a gen 5 Pokemon have a symbol there?

Note: It only has one perfect IV.

Sondero

Can Pokemon transferred from RBY with pokebank be 6IV without being hyper trained?
From what I've heard, Pokemon transferred from Gen 1 Virtual Console to Gen 7 via Pokemon Bank will have 3 IVs that are guaranteed to be 31 while the other 3 stats are 0-31 (similar to Wonder card Events and Legendaries like 20th Anniversary Jirachi, Celebi, etc.). For future reference, simple questions like this are better suited for the Simple Questions/requests thread. If you're asking in regards of a specific Pokemon and are unsure if it's legal, it would be a lot easier for us to help, if you shared all the relevant details of it, preferably by using the template that's located in the Original post of this thread.

Just got A Zekrom with the perfect nature on the gets. It was caught in unova by ALÎN (no results on Google search) and the ID is 55275. The thing that concerns me is the lack of a black pentagon near the markings (everything I've transferred has it but they all were caught in gen 6). Would a gen 5 Pokemon have a symbol there?

Note: It only has one perfect IV.
Pokemon caught from gen 3-5 doesn't have any symbols, The Blue Pentagon is exclusive to Pokemon that was obtained in X/Y/OR/AS. So nothing of what you mentioned indicate that the Zekrom is illegal. For future reference, I suggest using the template that's shown in the Original post of this thread to list all the relevant details of the Zekrom. To find out more exact IV spreads than "1 of its IVs are 31", you could use an IV calculator like the one on Psypokes, it's simple to use and easy to understand (granted, it's not updated for gen 7 yet, but it does have Pokemon from gen 1-6 like Zekrom).

From what I've heard, Pokemon transferred from Gen 1 Virtual Console to Gen 7 via Pokemon Bank will have 3 IVs that are guaranteed to be 31 while the other 3 stats are 0-31 (similar to Wonder card Events and Legendaries like 20th Anniversary Jirachi, Celebi, etc.). For future reference, simple questions like this are better suited for the Simple Questions/requests thread. If you're asking in regards of a specific Pokemon and are unsure if it's legal, it would be a lot easier for us to help, if you shared all the relevant details of it, preferably by using the template that's located in the Original post of this thread.

Pokemon caught from gen 3-5 doesn't have any symbols, The Blue Pentagon is exclusive to Pokemon that was obtained in X/Y/OR/AS. So nothing of what you mentioned indicate that the Zekrom is illegal. For future reference, I suggest using the template that's shown in the Original post of this thread to list all the relevant details of the Zekrom. To find out more exact IV spreads than "1 of its IVs are 31", you could use an IV calculator like the one on Psypokes, it's simple to use and easy to understand (granted, it's not updated for gen 7 yet, but it does have Pokemon from gen 1-6 like Zekrom).
Thanks

Species: Dratini
OT: Alice
ID No.:344595
IVs: 6 perfect
EVs:no
Ability:Marvel Scale
Pokemon's name:Dratini
Level:1
Pokeball:Luxury ball
Shiny?:yes
Pentagon?:(cross)
Moves:Wrap,Leer,Dragonbreath
Nature:Adamant
Region of origin:Alola
Characteristic:Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons:no
Other comments:Received in a giveaway from the Facebook page "Pokemon Giveaways - Sun and Moon" in the 12th of January, says it hatched on 12/24 in Paniola Ranch...dunno if i excluded any other useful info

Is it legit?cause i have bred with it and i was pondering to make a givaway with the breedjects,but i wanted to check first

Sondero

Species: Dratini
OT: Alice
ID No.:344595
IVs: 6 perfect
EVs:no
Ability:Marvel Scale
Pokemon's name:Dratini
Level:1
Pokeball:Luxury ball
Shiny?:yes
Pentagon?:(cross)
Moves:Wrap,Leer,Dragonbreath
Nature:Adamant
Region of origin:Alola
Characteristic:Takes plenty of siestas
Ribbons:no
Other comments:Received in a giveaway from the Facebook page "Pokemon Giveaways - Sun and Moon" in the 12th of January, says it hatched on 12/24 in Paniola Ranch...dunno if i excluded any other useful info

Is it legit?cause i have bred with it and i was pondering to make a givaway with the breedjects,but i wanted to check first
I wouldn't trust any of them to be legitimate, considering they gave out 31/31/31/31/31/31 Shiny Ditto before. They claimed that the Ditto is legitimate, but the only way they could've gotten it at that time would be to SOS-chain it, since Bank wasn't out. And I don't think I need to repeat how low the odds of getting a Ditto like that without RNG'ing it in Gen 4/5. With that taken into account, they don't have much credibility, so I'd consider any Pokemon from it hacked until proven otherwise.

I wouldn't trust any of them to be legitimate, considering they gave out 31/31/31/31/31/31 Shiny Ditto before. They claimed that the Ditto is legitimate, but the only way they could've gotten it at that time would be to SOS-chain it, since Bank wasn't out. And I don't think I need to repeat how low the odds of getting a Ditto like that without RNG'ing it in Gen 4/5. With that taken into account, they don't have much credibility, so I'd consider any Pokemon from it hacked until proven otherwise.
i see...so,hacked it is.thanks for your time and insight!

I recently got someone to find out if the Shiny Manaphy that I posted on here a while ago was legit or not. Unfortunately it is not legit at all. The reason being that it's Met Location is labelled as Pokemon Ranger which is incorrect. A legit Shiny Manaphy must have it's Met Location as Link Trade (Egg).

Man that really sucks. I'm gonna try doing 1 of 2 things. 1, get any Pokemon Ranger game that is never used and insert the event back into the game. The event was only obtained via Wi-Fi and I believe it is impossible to do it like this now. 2, hack the egg into a Gen 4 game. I guess either way would make this not legit then?

I recently got someone to find out if the Shiny Manaphy that I posted on here a while ago was legit or not. Unfortunately it is not legit at all. The reason being that it's Met Location is labelled as Pokemon Ranger which is incorrect. A legit Shiny Manaphy must have it's Met Location as Link Trade (Egg).

Man that really sucks. I'm gonna try doing 1 of 2 things. 1, get any Pokemon Ranger game that is never used and insert the event back into the game. The event was only obtained via Wi-Fi and I believe it is impossible to do it like this now. 2, hack the egg into a Gen 4 game. I guess either way would make this not legit then?
If I remember correctly, the event was a serial code you had to input into Ranger Net and you didn't need Wi-Fi. The difficult part is finding a copy of Pokémon Ranger that has not had its Manaphy Egg obtained and transferred yet.

If I remember correctly, the event was a serial code you had to input into Ranger Net and you didn't need Wi-Fi. The difficult part is finding a copy of Pokémon Ranger that has not had its Manaphy Egg obtained and transferred yet.
I see, that would make it a little easier. I know there are 3 different Ranger games. If I find a an unused game and put in the event code, I would have a legit egg. So after transferring to 1 Gen 4 game, you then trade it to a different Gen 4 game and hope it is shiny. If not, trade to a different game and try again. Is this right?

I see, that would make it a little easier. I know there are 3 different Ranger games. If I find a an unused game and put in the event code, I would have a legit egg. So after transferring to 1 Gen 4 game, you then trade it to a different Gen 4 game and hope it is shiny. If not, trade to a different game and try again. Is this right?
If only it were that simple my friend, but nope. You have to know how to RNG ID and SID in the other game in order to obtain it. It's been a while since I last RNG'd a manaphy, but if I recall correctly, I RNG'd the ivs on the egg in Soul Silver and then RNG'd my ID and SID that makes the iv spread shiny in Diamond. Finally I hatched it in Diamond and it became shiny.

Long story short, if you're going after a shiny Manaphy from the Ranger event without being knowledgeable in RNG, I wouldn't recommend it.

If only it were that simple my friend, but nope. You have to know how to RNG ID and SID in the other game in order to obtain it. It's been a while since I last RNG'd a manaphy, but if I recall correctly, I RNG'd the ivs on the egg in Soul Silver and then RNG'd my ID and SID that makes the iv spread shiny in Diamond. Finally I hatched it in Diamond and it became shiny.

Long story short, if you're going after a shiny Manaphy from the Ranger event without being knowledgeable in RNG, I wouldn't recommend it.
Don't know all the details about RNG and why that is important. I'm very set on getting a legit Shiny Manaphy.

Don't know all the details about RNG and why that is important. I'm very set on getting a legit Shiny Manaphy.
RNG manipulation is the only way to guarantee a shiny Manaphy. I guess you can soft reset your ID's, but that would require a huge amount of time.

Here's why
1. Pretty sure the egg can't be soft resetted to be shiny like soft resetting for a sationary legnedary.
2. Having to trade back if the egg turns out not to be shiny.
3. Soft Restting for a new ID
4. Playing at least through a few gyms iirc in order to trade

So unless you're up for that, I won't stop you haha. I would give you a shiny Manaphy, but I RNG'd it for a friend and it's his.

RNG manipulation is the only way to guarantee a shiny Manaphy. I guess you can soft reset your ID's, but that would require a huge amount of time.

Here's why
1. Pretty sure the egg can't be soft resetted to be shiny like soft resetting for a sationary legnedary.
2. Having to trade back if the egg turns out not to be shiny.
3. Soft Restting for a new ID
4. Playing at least through a few gyms iirc in order to trade

So unless you're up for that, I won't stop you haha. I would give you a shiny Manaphy, but I RNG'd it for a friend and it's his.
I understand. So what do I need to do to RNG successfully?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)