SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was aiming for type coverage (as many types as possibly with little/no overlap) as well as building my team around Decidueye and Salazzle and including as many new Pokemon/Alola Forms as possible.

This team has all unique dual-types, 12 types total, with 2 more types having strong attacks (Flying + Ground).

Using Decidueye and Salazzle, I couldn't find a lot of type combinations that would have no repeats. I was initially considering Kammo-o instead of Lucario, but as Dragon isn't that nice of a type and I was lacking Steel, I switched.

I wanted to use the Battle Bond Greninja from the the demo, too, as I always loved Greninja. Ash-Greninja is technically new, so, there's that. Now that Water Shuriken is a special attack (and its power doubles as Ash-Greninja), I wanted an all-special Greninja.

I also wanted my team to be somewhat unique. I saw so many people using Vikavolt and Kammo-o, so I figured I'd change it up with Alolan Raichu and Ribombee.

Ribombee is really just for fun, but she's surprisingly fast. She has an exclusive move (IIRC) Pollen Puff. Special Bug move with 100% that does 90 damage, and can be used in doubles to heal an ally! It's also super fast and can learn Moonblast. Fragile, but then again this is just gameplay/Elite 4, not competitive play.

The problem with these type choices is that 3 different Pokemon are weak to Fire, and another 3 to Ground. Earthquake can be devastating. To counter Ground-types, I have plenty of coverage. However, to counter Fire I pretty much have only Greninja and Lucario (although he's weak).

For post-game, I'll likely change my team dramatically...but what do you guys think? I've tried to remain plot-spoiler-free, so does anyone know if any of these are only obtainable late-game/post-game?

Edit: How about swapping Lucario for Crabominable?

My reasoning: Steel type is only super-effective for Rock, Ice, and Fairy, which are already all covered. I'd still like a Fighting-type, and a STAB Ice wouldn't hurt, either. Found out Lucario is only available late-game, too.

For team-wide type weaknesses, still 3 weak to fire (swapped Steel for Ice), and now 3 weak to Flying instead of Ground. Crabonimable is weak to both, but counters them, too, with Ice STAB and Earthquake.

Crabonimable is very slow (like almost everything else), but has a very high attack, but a lot of weaknesses. Lucario may be a better choice, but this way my team is all-new (allowing for the new Ash-Greninja and Alola Raichu).

I still have a very diverse team with 12 different types represented, and with powerful moves for Flying (Decidueye) and Ground (Crabominable).

That leaves the following types with no strong attack: Dragon, Normal, Rock, Steel.

Keep in mind this is my gameplay/Elite 4 team (and I haven't spoiled myself on what types/teams they use), so I'm not competitvely breeding for natures or IVs and not necessarily using the best move sets for competitive play.

Decidueye (Grass/Ghost) 78/107/75/100/100/70 Overgrow / Long Reach (HA) @Deciduem-Z

• Spirit Shackle (Start) Ghost Physical 80 100% 10
  • U-Turn (Start, TM89) Bug Physical 70 100% 20 / Roost (TM19)
  • Leaf Blade (Level 44) Grass Physical 90 100% 15
  • Brave Bird (Level 55) Flying Physical 120 100% 15
Weakness: Flying, Ghost, Fire, Ice, Dark
Resist: Ground, Water, Grass, Electric
Immune: Normal, Fighting

A mixed attacker, but with a focus on Physical. Four powerful, physical attacks with a different type (U-Turn for support switching, too). Slow, but it is the fastest Stage 2 Starter in Alola. It doesn’t learn many great Special moves, so I’m not sure why Game Freak made him so mixed.

Decidueye can also learn Roost if you want to make him more of a tank. (And trapping a weak opponent with Spirit Shackle + Roost could be a fun combo). AFAIK Spirit Shackle releases its hold when Decidueye switches.

Greninja (Water/Dark) 72/95/67/103/71/122 Battle Bond
Ash-Greninja (Water/Dark) 72/
145/67/153/71/132 Battle Bond
  • Water Shuriken (Start) Water Special 15 100% 20
  • Ice Beam (TM13) Ice Special 90 100% 10
  • Surf (TM94) Water Special 90 100% 15 / Scald (But Burn is nerfed...)
  • Dark Pulse (TM97) Dark Special 80 100% 15
Weakness: Grass, Electric, Fighting, Bug, Fairy
Resist: Ghost, Steel, Fire, Water, Ice, Dark
Immune: Psychic

While many players might argue that Greninja isn't new, Greninja with Battle Bond and certainly Ash-Greninja is new. We get this one from the demo, so why not? It's stats are already set, but you can Soft Reset for the nature you'd like. Keep in mind this Greninja can't breed.

Water Shuriken is now a Special move (and is still Priority like before). It only has a BP of 15, but it always hits at least twice and up to 5 times. With Ash-Greninja, the BP is doubled to 30, hitting 2-5 times (and don't forget STAB and Ash-Greninja's stats increase as well: a massive +50 to Special Attack and +10 to Speed, but only after Greninja gets a KO).

Greninja is a mixed attacker, but the Special Attack has an 8-point advantage, so I decided to go all-out Special Sweeper.

I don't know what IVs Battle Bond Greninja has, but we can always use Hyper Training.

Alolan Raichu (Electric/Psychic) 60/85/50/95/85/110 Surge Surfer

• Thunderbolt (Start, TM24) Electric Special 90 100% 15
  • Psychic (Start, TM29) Psychic Special 90 100% 10
  • Volt Switch (TM72) Electric Special 70 100% 20
  • Focus Blast (TM52) Fighting Special 120 70% 5
Weakness: Ground, Bug, Ghost, Dark
Resist: Fighting, Flying, Steel, Electric, Psychic

A speedy special attacker. Not a great movepool, with the Obvious Thunderbolt/Psychic, and Volt Switch for support switching. Focus Blast because it can counter Dark weakness, but not a great move (I’m not a fan of lower-accuracy moves).

Salazzle (Poison/Fire) 68/64/60/111/60/117 Corrosion Air Balloon

• Flamethrower (Level 44, TM35) Fire Special 90 100% 15
  • Sludge Wave (TM34) Poison Special 95 100% 10
  • Toxic (Level 29, TM06) Poison Status 0 90% 10
  • Nasty Plot (Level 32) Dark Status 0 — 20
Weakness: Ground (x4), Fighting, Poison, Rock, Water, Psychic,
Resist: Bug (¼), Grass (¼), Fairy (¼), Steel, Fire, Ice

One of the fastest non-legendary Gen 7 Pokemon and a special attacker. Salazzle has a cool typing, but an unfortunate double weakness to Ground. Sludge Wave hits multiple targets and can poison them, too.

Thanks to Corrosion, Toxic can badly poison Steel and Poison types (though Sludge Wave will have no effect).

Lucario (Fighting/Steel) 70/110/70/115/70/90 Inner Focus

• Aura Sphere (Start) Fighting Special 80 — 20
  • Close Combat (Level 55) Fighting Physical 120 100% 5
  • Earthquake (TM26) Ground Physical 100 100% 10
  • Flash Cannon (TM91) Steel Special 80 100% 10
Weakness: Fighting, Ground, Fire
Resist: Rock (¼), Bug (¼), Normal, Steel, Grass, Ice, Dragon, Dark
Immune: Poison

Lucario is a mixed attacker and fairly speedy (especially for a Steel type). I took advantage of the mixed physical/special with Aura Blast/Flash Cannon for Special, and Earthquake/Close Combat for physical.

I may not use Lucario as it’s the only Pokemon on my team that’s not new… Maybe the much slower Crabominable...

Crabominable (Fighting/Ice) 97/132/77/62/67/43 Iron Fist / Anger Point (HA)

• Close Combat (Level 49) Fighting Physical 120 100% 5
  • Earthquake (TM26) Ground Physical 100 100% 10
  • Ice Punch (Start) Ice Physical 75 100% 15
  • Power-Up Punch (Level 22) Fighting Physical 40 100% 20
Weakness: Fighting, Flying, Steel, Fire, Psychic, Fairy
Resist: Bug, Ice, Dark

Crabominable is my choice to replace Lucario (above) if I decide to use only new Pokemon. It allows me to keep STAB Fighting and still have 12 types represented. It’s much slower than Lucario and a physical attacker, but with higher HP, Attack, and Defense than Lucario. Its movepool isn’t fantastic, as I’m not a fan of physical Ice moves.

Sure, there’s Avalanche and Ice Hammer, but I went with Ice Punch along with the Iron Fist ability. (Iron First boosts all “punch” moves by 20%). Ice Punch has a BP of 70 + 20% + STAB, so it’s decent. Throw on the no-longer-a-TM Power-Up Punch to boost attack (and the 40 BP move also gets 20% Iron Fist + STAB). Close Combat and Earthquake round out the big-damage physical attacks.

Ribombee (Bug/Fairy) 60/55/60/95/70/124 Shield Dust

• Pollen Puff (Start) Bug Special 90 100% 15
    • The user attacks the enemy with a pollen puff that explodes. If the target is an ally, it gives the ally a pollen puff that restores its HP instead.
  • Quiver Dance (Level 49) Bug Status 0 -- 20 / Psychic
    • The user lightly performs a beautiful, mystic dance. This boosts the user’s Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed stats.
  • Energy Ball (TM53) Grass Special 90 100% 10
  • Moonblast (Egg) Fairy Special 95 100% 15 / Dazzling Gleam (Level 35, TM99) Fairy Special 80 100% 10
Weakness: Flying, Poison, Rock, Steel, Fire
Resist: Fighting (¼), Ground, Bug, Grass, Dark
Immune: Dragon

Ribombee is my fun team member. Even though many players will quickly discount it due to its fragile typing and sub-par stats, it still has decent Special Attack (95) and fantastic Speed (124) for this generation. My team really needed a Fairy type and I wanted something that could learn Moonblast.

In fact, look up the new Fairy Pokemon this generation: Primarina, Mimikyu, Ribombee, Alolan Ninetales, the Tapus, and Magearna. Excluding the legendaries, we have Primarina, Mimikyu, Ribombee, and Alolan Ninetales. I was already set on Decidueye and I’m playing Moon, so apart from Trading, my only options are Mimikyu or Ribombee, and Mimikyuu has abysmal Special Attack and can’t learn Moonblast. Ribombee can only learn it through an Egg Move, but until I can breed one, it can learn Dazzling Gleam (almost as good).

Pollen Puff is a fun move that I can use in doubles to either do good damage or heal an ally. Psychic and Energy Ball are both just for additional coverage, but seeing how Alolan Raichu has Psychic, I may put in another move there--Quiver Dance. I like Energy Ball as it’s the only Special Grass type move I have on my team--Decidueye has the physical Leaf Blade.

So, what do you guys think?

Are any of these TMs available only in the post-game or late-game? Will I have trouble catching a female Salandit, Cutiefly, Crabrawler, or Pikachu early on?

TM List (excluding moves learned by level-up):
  • TM 13 Ice Beam
  • TM 19 Roost
  • TM 26 Earthquake
  • TM 34 Sludge Wave
  • TM 52 Focus Blast
  • TM 53 Energy Ball
  • TM 72 Volt Switch
  • TM 94 Surf
  • TM 97 Dark Pulse

Last edited:
Made one slight edit to my team.

I didn't like how many people I saw using Salazzle for its desirable stats and unique typing. Call me a hipster, but I want my team to be my own, and I never really adored Salazzle's design anyway (not to mention Salazzle is also locked behind Salandit's less common gender, which is annoying to say the least). Besides, I already have two fast mons on the team, so I considered a few replacements; maybe I could give Crabominable another chance... oh, but then I'd have four fire weaknesses, and Bewear looks like a better fighting type- wait, Fluffy adds another fire weakness! Crap! I suppose I could hold out until near the end of the game for Kommo-o, but do I really want to wait that long to complete my team? I was conflicted and thoroughly stumped until I took a closer look at Alolan Muk. Its revamped design is cool, not to mention it provided some much-needed bulk to the team. The typing, however, was definitely what sold it for me, adding no glaring weaknesses to the team (two mons are immune to Ground, another resists it) and still retaining Salazzle's Poison typing. Alolan Muk it is.

Last edited:

This is my in-game team for Pokémon sun. I choose these because I think they're cool & because they cover each other weaknesses. The highest amount of weakness is for fire, 3, but i also have 2 resists for fire and 3 super effective STABs so that shouldn't be a problem. This team also has 3 special attackers and 3 physical attackers, 2 slow Pokémon, 2 medium speed and 2 fast Pokémon should make sure an opposing fast attacker can't be faster than all of them. The STABs alone are able to hit every single type for super effective damage. So in my opinion this team should be pretty well-rounded fo rin-game purposes.

I wanted to use Primarina as I think it is the prettiest final starter (soft-resetting for female might take a while), I have always liked how tough Gengar looks, Rockruff is cute and Lycanroc looks cool, Tsareena looks like she doesn't care about the opponent which makes her cool, Passimian I'm not a huuuge fan of rugby but it is starting to grow on me, I liked Palossand the moment I saw it in one of those coro-coro leaks. I might replace Passimian if someone knows a better fighting type, but I also like to use mostly new Pokémon so I wil most likely keep it. I guess I can replace it with Kommo-o but that one is very late-game.

EDIT: Changed Passimian for Snorlax :)

Last edited:

For post-game, I'll likely change my team dramatically...but what do you guys think? I've tried to remain plot-spoiler-free, so does anyone know if any of these are only obtainable late-game/post-game?
Lucario is obtained very, very late-game. The rest are all obtained within the second if not the first island, and Ash-Greninja you can of course transfer whenever you feel like (probably best to do it when the rest of your team is at its level).

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 4.04.22 PM.png

1089.png
: I was in love with Litten when it was first announced, and I was really excited to see if it would turn into a Dark type (my favorite type) when it evolved, and fortunately it did. I liked Litten even more when the final evos were leaked months ago, but I decided to go to team Litten since I liked Decidueye's design as well, and I realized I rarely ever chose the Grass starter. However, seeing Incineroar in-game and how much personality it had solidified its spot on my team.

1018.png
: I really liked Lurantis's design when it was first revealed, and I was surely going to use it on my first run. Also, I didn't really pay much attention to Steenee and Tsareena when they were revealed. But then Lurantis's stats were revealed... Tsareena is definitely stronger, and the fact that it is one of the few pokemon this gen that has a 3-pkmn line has caused it to grow on my overtime.

0111.png
: I was originally going to use Electivire as my electric type, since it is in my top 3 favorite pokemon and I was really happy to see that it was available in the games. However, later on I realized I had already used Electivire in Platinum, and it would be best for me to use all pokemon that I have never used before. I also thought I should use an Alolan Pokemon, so Alolan Golem seemed to be the perfect fit. I like its design and I also heard that it might be based off of a pirate, and I have always wanted a pirate pokemon, so whether this is true or not, it made me like it even more.

1113.png
: I didn't pay any attention to Wimpod when it was revealed, but I am in love with Golisopod's design and I can't wait to use it! It also looks amazing in battle.

0504.png
: Not really much to say here. I was going to use Kommo-o, but since Jangmo-o isn't available until really late in the game, and Bagon is available surprisingly early in the game, I thought I might as well use it instead. I also never used a Salamence before, so it fits well.

1024.png
: I've been in love with Mimikyu ever since it was revealed. It is such a cute concept and design, and the song that was released about it solidified its spot on the team. It's typing also fits well with everybody else's. This is currently the only pokemon out of the six that I have a moveset for.

Moveset: Swords Dance / Play Rough / Shadow Sneak / Shadow Claw

Last edited:
My Sun Team:

Decidueye: Works best for the synergy. It'll also be the first Ghost type I've generally used since Chandelure (And even then, I rarely used Chandelure since Houndoom is my signature)
Salazzle: Since Houndoom isn't available, I might as well experiment with this.
Bewear: Might be a permanent replacement for Mienshao.
Starmie: None of the new Water types really appeal to me, so I'll just go with a classic that I normally use. I love Starmie's Swiss army knife nature.
Flygon: Garchomp if Flygon is exclusive to Moon, but I'd still prefer Flygon.
Alola Ninetales: At first, I was on Team Moon but after finding out Alola Ninetales is exclusive to Sun, It makes me glad I pre-ordered both versions. This will be the very first time I legit raised an Ice type.

I'll have to watch out for 4X weakness to Ground, Steel and Ice and half of my mons have a Fire weakness (my Bewear will have Fluffy) but I'm sure my team will pull through until I can replace Salazzle with Houndoom, Flygon with Excadrill and Alola Ninetales with Togekiss in the postgame.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Taking a different tack than most on here.

I'm holding myself to a tradition that I've held to since Platinum, in that I'll be using a traded-in team for the majority of the run:
- I'll use a starter and Ash-Greninja until whichever point in the game where trading or Bank usage becomes available. Choosing the starter will be determined by die roll (1 & 2 for Rowlet, 3 & 4 for Popplio, 5 & 6 for Litten).
- From there, catch some fodder and trade over a series of in-game gifts from my OR save.
- I'll use the Lavaridge Wynaut & Togepi (now a lvl.2 Togetic) and the three post-game Brich gifts (in this case, Totodile/Snivy/Piplup).
- Rounding out the team will be my Event Shiny Beldum.
- Once I've collected the appropriate Badge, I'll bring over the Weather Institute Castform and have it replace whichever team member is lagging behind the most.

The challenge here, as always, will be trying to progress through the game without blowing through it so fast that my 'mons start disobeying me. But, as I have said, I have a tradition to uphold! (Also, of the new 'mons only Aloha Geodude and the Tapus currently hold any interest for me.)

sun.png

Incineroar: My starter of choice, mostly because it has my favorite design of the three. Physical Fire type has a cool aura and Darkest Lariat seems like a fun signature move in-game.

Alolan Raichu: One of my biggest reasons for playing Pokemon Sun is because I really want to play with Alolan Raichu. I have always loved Raichu and Psychic is my favorite type, so I'm really loving the addition of Psychic STAB for Raichu.

Mudsdale: For some reason, I really like Mudsdale's facial expression. Really. In addition to that, Mudsdale serves as my team's Earthquake user.

Oricorio (Pa'u Style): Oricorio has grabbed my attention ever since I have seen its trailer debut. It was hard to choose between Pa'u and Sensu but Psychic is my favorite type and Alola is Hawaiian, so Pa'u wins.

Alolan Muk: Fantastic typing and 3D animation. With Poison Touch and Poison Jab, that really high chance of poisoning would really be fun to watch in-game.

Lurantis: This 'mon gets no love so I wanna use it just to prove people wrong. Lurantis > Tsareena for me. Also deals with Ground-types.

My first ever team without a Water-type. Since Surf is no longer an HM, then my team's looking good! Also, my EXP Share going to be... OFF!

My team I'm planning for Moon. I like to use only new Pokemon whenever a new generation comes along, so I'm sticking with that and my favorite of the Alola forms in Marowak. I'm really happy with my choices, I got a balanced 3-for-3 of special/physical offense, and the gang collectively has a resistance or immunity somewhere for every type.

Primarina and Vikavolt look great design-wise and I managed to use two Moon exclusives in Lycanroc and Oranguru while maintaining good type diversity. Kommo-o should be fun to use with its STAB combination. Nobody goes over base 100 Speed, but besides that, the in-game run should still be a blast.

First of all i'm sorry if this is not the right place to post my question >_>

I'm using this -> http://pastebin.com/YjNi4Qdk because i'm trying to find a Pikachu in the early routes of the game and i'm just finding Pichus instead (at best). I don't understand what "Slot Type X" means either...

Please help! :c

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread to be posting this in but I kinda need help deciding on my Moon Team. So far I'm having trouble picking which starter to use for this and second, filling the two remaining spots on my line-up.

Here are the two possibilities I have so far.

Possibility 1:

All I need is to decide what to use in the final two slots.

Possibility 2:

This one I only need to fill one slot and decide between either Dhelmise or Palossand for the other.

Also I want to avoid using older Gen Pokemon unless they're Alolan forms, Legendaries (including UBs) or having multiples of the same type as it's burned me before. Any advice I could get on this would be appreciated.

Thankfully my Sun team is already planned in advance:

I was thinking of replacing Alolan Raichu with Mimikyu but decided against it considering its movepool is pretty shallow (It learns more Special moves but doesn't have the Sp. Attk to utilize them whereas it barely has any Physical options available for its Attack)

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
MyS&MTeamThroughMakerRevisited.png

- Starter: Primarina

From day 1 - I gravitated towards Popplio (none of them jumped out at me immediately, but I was still lukewarm about Popplio/Rowlet. Litten never really clicked with me). Mid evo's get revealed. Dartrix just looked like Adam (my fashion victim for a brother) Torracat clicked with me and Brionne was alright (kinda cute tbh.) - by this point: the Chinese leaks were basically confirmed, and I HONESTLY could have gone either way between all three tbh. Oct 27th trailer comes along to reveal the secondary types - and while Decidueyes' Grass/Ghost type was cool (and render artwork was badass) - it's model looked kid of scruffy tbh. Incineroar was a close contender, looking very personal which I liked - but it's dex entries and other minor things weren't quite... 'me'... Primarina's model was just right, and it's persona as something royal and modest was something I could get behind (Plus it had the best synergy with other members of the team I planned to use).

- Ribombee: Kind of that unpopular pick I saw from the trailer back on July 1st (while everyone was hyping about Tapu Koko / Vikavolt etc.). Also I had a 'Nimflora' (fanmade Bug/Fairy type) in my runthrough of Pokemon Uranium - and I saw potential in this typing. So... yeah. Good Speed by the sounds of it, too.
Oh, and as a competitive Sm4sh player - i'm #ScarfArmy :D

- Togademaru: When I heard it got Iron Barbs, it immediately grew on me - as did it's design. Electric/Steel is also going to be interesting to have on the team (See Magnezone, but with slightly different options).

- Kommo-o: Really needs about as much explanation as it's Fighting/Dragon typing... Oh, and Kabaneri.
Sorry, I couldn't think of a witty analogy.

- Alolan Muk: Something about it's rainbow design was kinda hilarious to me - so I popped it on the team. I also have ample ways to deal with Ground types (Primarina / coverage for Ribombee), so it just... kinda fit.

- Pallosand: My team is specifically weak to Salazzle in a few ways, and Pallosand was the best pick I found for countering it, whilst retaining team balance. Has a few other options, and Water Compaction is going to be fun to mess with. Filler otherwise.

I could have also fit Silvally-Ground/Ash Greninja, but A) Type: Null isn't actually available until post game, and B) I'd feel dirty putting a potential Uber on the team if I could help it. Don't judge me.

EDIT: I've noticed leakers getting mileage out of Zygarde 10% form - might keep that in the back of my head for consideration.

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I locked myself into grass starters on initial runs long ago, and so far, this is what I have done with it:

Decidueye, Gyarados, and Alolan Ninetales are the three mons I am guarenteed to be using even I know Vylpix is found late. Gyarados is just there because it's one of my favorites and I don't see a reason to leave it behind this time. I always use it on initial playthrough. Its a Gyarados, you can't go wrong with it.

Salandit is another mon I want to use as I love the design and Salazzle only adds to it. It might be a pain finding a female, but I'm in it for the long haul anyways.

Munchlax is found rather early I hear, which is great because the only thing keeping me from using Snorlax in other games was accessibility. If the rumor is false, Stuffle is likely to have fantastic accessibility and will do nicely. Tauros is another mon I have my eye on for this slot, but I imagine it is found late if not post game-only.

I would like the last slot to be a Dragon, Ground, or combo of both and what i found to be most desireable fir my taste is Gible who is likely to have accessibility issues. If it is as I fear, I will definitely raise a Trapinch or Mudbray although I would preffer the Trapinch. Another option here is Zygarde 10% depending on when it can be contructed. Unfortunately, the Jamango-o line is super late game I hear, otherwise I would be using Kommo-o in this slot.

Decidueye, Gyarados, Salazzle, Snorlax/Bewear/Tauros, Garchomp/Flygon/Mudsdale/Zygarde 10%, Alolan Tales is what I am looking at right now. Thoughts?

E: on second thought, I might stick it out to get Jamango-o late game, it just means the other mons are going to need to carry their wieght and a lil more.

Last edited:
Lucario is obtained very, very late-game. The rest are all obtained within the second if not the first island, and Ash-Greninja you can of course transfer whenever you feel like (probably best to do it when the rest of your team is at its level).
Thanks for letting me know. I replaced Lucario with Crabrominable. Is Crabrawler late-game, too, or by the second island or so?

...I didn't like how many people I saw using Salazzle for its desirable stats and unique typing. Call me a hipster, but I want my team to be my own, and I never really adored Salazzle's design anyway (not to mention Salazzle is also locked behind Salandit's less common gender, which is annoying to say the least). Besides, I already have two fast mons on the team, so I considered a few replacements; maybe I could give Crabominable another chance... oh, but then I'd have four fire weaknesses, and Bewear looks like a better fighting type- wait, Fluffy adds another fire weakness! Crap! I suppose I could hold out until near the end of the game for Kommo-o, but do I really want to wait that long to complete my team? I was conflicted between the aforementioned mons and thoroughly stumped until I glanced at Alolan Muk. Its revamped design is cool, not to mention it provided some much-needed bulk to the team. The typing, however, was definitely what sold it for me, adding no glaring weaknesses to the team (two mons are immune to Ground, another resists it) and still retaining Salazzle's Poison typing. Alolan Muk it is.
Nice idea. I wanted a relatively unique (all-new) team, too. I ultimately chose Salazzle, but threw in Crabrawler and Rimbombee to be unique. I'm also using Battle Bond Greninja/Ash-Greninja from the demo. (I did have Lucario as my Fighting type, but found out it's late-game only and, well, it's not new).

I saw so many people using Vikavolt, so I chose Alolan Raichu. Raich + Rimbombee may not be the best, but I really wanted a new non-legendary Fairy-type (and the options are limited, and I'm playing Moon and want a team without having to trade). Vikavolt looks really good, but it's very slow. Raichu and Rimbombee are both quite fast. High Special Attack, but not nearly as good as Vikavolt.

On the plus side, at least not many people will be using them :P

Nice idea. I wanted a relatively unique (all-new) team, too. I ultimately chose Salazzle, but threw in Crabrawler and Rimbombee to be unique. I'm also using Battle Bond Greninja/Ash-Greninja from the demo. (I did have Lucario as my Fighting type, but found out it's late-game only and, well, it's not new).

I saw so many people using Vikavolt, so I chose Alolan Raichu. Raich + Rimbombee may not be the best, but I really wanted a new non-legendary Fairy-type (and the options are limited, and I'm playing Moon and want a team without having to trade). Vikavolt looks really good, but it's very slow. Raichu and Rimbombee are both quite fast. High Special Attack, but not nearly as good as Vikavolt.

On the plus side, at least not many people will be using them :P
Yeah, I can see how you would view Vikavolt as being overused. It kind of is, after all. The difference between Salazzle and Vikavolt for me is that I like Vikavolt's design a lot more and was decided on it far prior to the leaks (even if they butchered its stats, movepool, and evolution method like they did). I can hardly blame you for your decision, though; Alolan Raichu is probably better the better Electric type anyhow.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can see how you would view Vikavolt as being overused. It kind of is, after all. The difference between Salazzle and Vikavolt for me is that I like Vikavolt's design a lot more and was decided on it far prior to the leaks (even if they butchered its stats and movepool like they did). I can hardly blame you for your decision, though; Alolan Raichu is probably better the better Electric type anyhow.
Vikavolt is kinda overused, but it's a lot worse than everybody thought it would be, so I don't feel bad about using it :P

I don't know how I'm ever going to decide on a team by launch. Almost tempted to go Mono-Fairy or Grass or something.

Definitely using Pheremosa and Tsareena together, but don't know where else to go with those too. Especially because they mean double fire and flying weaknesses.

Well it took me all day but I finally narrowed down both of my teams.

For Moon:

Should any of those end up being too much a liability though, I'm swapping said liability out with Wishiwashi but I think just teaching Drampa Surf will cover anything I would need a Water-Type for. And I've decided to give Mudsdale a chance though I tend to not be very fond of the horse themed Pokemon in past gens.

Unless I change my mind last second and choose this team instead:

And once again, My Sun Team remains:

Looking at this for my team. I have a 3 times ground weakness however... Problem is, the other water type I'd consider is Golisopod, but then I have a 3 times rock weakness with no resists...

The first 3 in there are 100% team members, and I really like Salazzle too, so it's really the last 2 that are my debate. Problem is, I'm only using new/alola pokemon, and everytime I try to adjust, it end up with more weakness haha. I could porbably use Wishiwashi as my water type, but I really like the idea of Toxapex and a defensive pivot, since I'll be playing Set style with no exp share.

I guess the best possible solution would probably be to sub out Salazzle for Kommo-o since that solves a lot of the problems, but I'll probably just say screw it and keep the weakness.

Pheromosa won't be obtainable till postgame, but you probably know that...
I was gonna go with these five, but since it seems that Ultra Beasts and legendaries may have limited availability, I shall have to make substitutes for the other four members. I think I also may have to use Primarina instead of Milotic at this point.

Question: What is the availability of breeding and iv checking throughout the main game?

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 2.49.09 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)