This Salamence slaughters everything

This could work, with proper Rapid Spin support, NOT having Tyranitar/HippowA on the same team and being a GOOD player.

Deck Knight, it's only a different moveset, don't take it personal, lol.

Oh yeah, and Blissey and Cress totally own you with Ice Beam thanks to you eating up 10% of your health every time you attack. Nevermind what Stealth Rock+Life Orb does to your HP.

You say you lose 10% of your health and then you mention Life Orb. So your sentence should actually be, "Nevermind what Stealth Rock does to your HP."

In other news Electivire 2HKOs everything that switches in on the move that hits them SE.

Too bad that usually only happens once.

Oh yeah, and Blissey and Cress totally own you with Ice Beam thanks to you eating up 10% of your health every time you attack. Nevermind what Stealth Rock+Life Orb does to your HP.

This is a generic Life Orb set with Mediocre speed. Pray to God Garchomp doesn't come in on the wrong move: (Read: Not Draco Meteor) and rape you with its own Draco Meteor or Dragon Claw.

270 speed only works if you're using a Choice Scarf and are intent on beating Hera. CB Hera are usually Jolly, Scarf Hera are usually Adamant.

Also, your Draco Meteor reading on Cradily looks out of whack. If anyone is using Cradily, its probably because they have Sandstorm up. In Sandstorm, that Draco Meteor gets bumped down to 31-38% on 252 HP/0 Sdef Careful.

Again, Generic Life Orb set on a capable mixed attacker. Totally Groundbreaking...
Blissey never gets the chance to use Ice Beam because Salamence 2HKO's with Brick Break. Once as it switches in, and again because I am faster. Obviously I need prediction for this, but it also works if the Blissey is weakened as Draco Meteor + Brick Break does about 70%.

Cresselia will only own you with Ice Beam if it is at full HP. If it is only a little weakened, it risks getting KO'd by Draco Meteor + Crunch, which you don't even really need to predict for as Draco Meteor will be the move you will be using most of the time anyways. Also, if Cresselia has less than 220 SAtk you can Roost through Ice Beams reliably with 120 HP EV's.

Of course the recoil and residual damage overall is a problem but SpecsMence has to switch in and out even more than the Life Orb set early game due to the locking of moves, meaning it takes more damage from stealth rock than this variant does. Overall specsmence doesn't have a huge advantage over mixmence as far as residual damage goes.

Seeing as how you're using Draco Meteor pretty much just as much as SpecsMence does, Garchomp isn't going to give you considerably more problems than SpecsMence does.

I have the calculations on Cradily with Sandstorm; I did from the start.

I wasn't trying to be groundbreaking -- like I said, this is a very obvious set, but IMO it is much more than mediocre.

As surgo stated earlier, I've been using a mence like this for quite some time. Although it has not been on most of my recent teams, I can assure you, this thing is a monster if you can predict. Crunch does give you a chance to get rid of cresselia who is one of the main pokes that wall you. However, like a chainchomp team, you should have weavile/heracross on any team with this. This salamence gets worn out very quickly and should have roost instead of crunch. Having 160 Base power vs cresselia may be tempting, but with life orb, stealth rock, and possibly sandstream, roost will be a lot more beneficial. If you can't predict, this thing won't do you much good.

Olldd set isss ooooldddd....
It's a cool set. I used pumps over Fire Blast though. But that's just me, and I will get disagree'd with.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Blissey never gets the chance to use Ice Beam because Salamence 2HKO's with Brick Break. Once as it switches in, and again because I am faster. Obviously I need prediction for this, but it also works if the Blissey is weakened as Draco Meteor + Brick Break does about 70%.
I repeat my earlier statement: Electivire 2HKO's everything that switches in to a move that hits it SE.

I suppose in plainer speak, that means "this set requires immense prediction prowess." Yeah, Brick Break 2HKO's Bliss. Draco Meteor doesn't and Fire Blast and Crunch certainly don't.

Draco Meteor + Crunch 2HKOs Cress, but BB + Anything doesn't.

Also, I didn't say the set was mediocre, I said it was generic. This set is basically the ChainChomp set everyone has been raving about, only with higher SA and lower Attack.

I repeat my earlier statement: Electivire 2HKO's everything that switches in to a move that hits it SE.

I suppose in plainer speak, that means "this set requires immense prediction prowess." Yeah, Brick Break 2HKO's Bliss. Draco Meteor doesn't and Fire Blast and Crunch certainly don't.

Draco Meteor + Crunch 2HKOs Cress, but BB + Anything doesn't.

Also, I didn't say the set was mediocre, I said it was generic. This set is basically the ChainChomp set everyone has been raving about, only with higher SA and lower Attack.
I agree with pretty much everything you say.

That being said, notice that Draco Meteor does 31.65% - 37.25% to Blissey. Blissey will need to have 91% HP in order to definitely survive that Draco Meteor + the coming Brick Break with leftovers (although you probably won't want to Brick Break unless Blissey has more like 80% from the start, to give you a better shot at the KO). Yes, Blissey is usually very healthy in battles, but it's still something to consider.

In fact, you can open with Draco Meteor every time if you know the opposing Blissey is slightly damaged. You can finish off almost any Pokemon with some random move after hitting them with a Draco Meteor. Prediction is obviously needed, but not THAT much -- I'd say its at least on par with SpecsMence as far as how much you need goes.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've actually been using a set very similar to this with different EVs (which I am still playing with) since about May/June (when I was in my slap Draco on everything phase), but its really unstable and needs someone with the know how to operate it.

Random EVs that I don't feel like digging out
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast

I gave it enough speed (300) to outspeed other neutral Salamences, and it can 2hko Blissey after 1 DD, the Speed boost then lets it take on other Pokemon that Salamence normally wouldn't want to, like Weavile and Garchomp. It suits my style of play which is reckless and aggressive, but I don't think this is the end all of Pokemon sets, it doesn't touch Cresselia, and several drops will ruin it. But I have been using it in the beginning of the game for quick damage with Draco and endgame sweeping, both of which it has been great at. Its not a stable set and by no means should be used by someone uncomfortable with it, Specsmence and DDmence do their jobs much better, this just combines the best of both worlds to cause the opponent to panic and figure out whats going on before something even more terrible happens.

The second move (Earthquake) leaves it open to some problems, this Mence has moveset syndrome and could benefit from an extra move, Crunch, Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Earthquake all do great damage to some things but then leave you open to other things (which can be counter by other teammates), which is why the DDDracoMence isn't the end all of Pokemon sets.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Deck Knight said:
This is the rather flawed part of your argument. Electivire does not 2HKO everything that switches into a move that hits SE on it. Bulky grounds come to mind, for example.

In addition, there are just a general ton of counters to Electivire. Look at mixmence, on the other hand. Can we name a definite counter like we can name 5 or 6 for Electivire? I don't think so.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Besides, the situational electivire isn't so much a concern. This set requires good prediction from experienced players, which assumes the same player won't be fooled into triggering electivire.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I havent bothered to check your evs, I am gonna assume they are the same as mine, which atm I cant really remember..

Crunch is really too situational and unecessary. Cresselia is an easy pokemon to damage, and it doesnt have reliable recovery, you only need to do like 10% or something before Fireblast + Dracometeor will KO it. The 4th move if you dont want roost should be Dragon Claw. This way once you Dracometeor you arent stuck with only Brick Break..

If you want to keep roost, and are awesome like I am, you should run Dragon Rush. It 2hkos bliss, whereas Dragon Claw wont, and it can KO cresselia in conjunction with DracoMeteor if you have like stealth rock or something (Also consider how easy damaging Cresselia is). This set also stops Deck Knight from whining, because all of a sudden Cresselia cant really switch into any of your moves. And also whoever it was that was saying what do you do once Swampert switches in this set solves that problem too.

The one issue with this set is Heatran, but the added versatility against a whole range of decent special def pokemon I think is worth it.. Heatran doesnt actually like taking Dracometeors all that much, and I have never seen one with any form of recovery.

Have a nice day.

Wow -- Dragon Rush indeed does sound awesome, yet at the same time I'd be terrified of it's really shifty accuracy...

I do think I might run it though -- it just sounds so appealing and badass.

It seems like the main advantages are:
- does equal damage as Brick Break vs Blissey/Cradily (2HKO)
- does practically the same damage as Crunch on Cressy, (150 vs 160 BP)
- does generally more damage against foes than Brick Break/Crunch combo
- very little enjoy switching into Life Orb'd STAB Dragon Rush, whereas Salamence's weak Brick Break/Crunch creates a small window for pokemon to switch in
- leaves room for Roost

then again, there's...
- the fact that you miss, and missing really, really sucks (and in this case missing will often mean you miss out on a KO)
- Heatran and Empoleon force you to switch out

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Actually I have been using that brick break set in wifi a lot.. I dont really very often use brick break though..

The reason I have been doing it is because Dragon Rush is a bred move, which was such a big let down after I thought of it..

Have a nice day.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
See what you have done, Gamefreak, with the introduction of the move Draco Meteor? :(

To begin with Draco Meteor was a fanmade move.

It wasn't part of the original game but they had a competition for someone to invent a new move. Basically you can thank some snot nosed kid out there for it.

Is there any other counter to this set, other than simple hope you outpredict it? This seems even more dangerous than Chain Chomp

To begin with Draco Meteor was a fanmade move.

It wasn't part of the original game but they had a competition for someone to invent a new move. Basically you can thank some snot nosed kid out there for it.
I thought Draco Meteor was already in the game, and they had a contest for somebody to name the move?

The main thing I don't like about Dragon Rush is it's accuracy. Because to put it simply, not only will you miss out on KO'ing your opponents Pokemon, but most of the time you'll end up being crippled or KOed yourself. Then again, Roost can help solve the suicide problems of this set.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
I've been running something similar (with radically different EVs) on shoddy for a bit as part of my Roostin Dragons phase, except I use Earthquake over Brick Break for random coverage. Probably not a good choice. I mainly use it to revenge things like Lucario who think they're faster than me (thinking its a 299er).

Yeah it was, its like leafstorm. Its just a dragon typed overheat.

And Cress makes a good counter this set.
Without Crunch of course.

But Aero also mentioned to me on AIM that you can stall out Cresselia with Roost. The details I don't remember but it involves Cresselia's terrible SpAtk and Roosting removing the 4x Ice Beam weakness.

Maybe he can explain it better.

It only works against Cressy without Twave, and is overall not the most amazing idea.

Cressy is indeed one of the best switch ins, but it still takes roughly 80ish-90ish% from a Fire Blast followed by a Draco Meteor, or a Dragon Rush/Crunch followed by a Draco Meteor or vice versa... it only needs to have taken a bit of previous damage for it to go down. And apparently according to Hipno Cressy is really easy to damage. *shrugs*

Also, you don't need to predict that much with this guy -- most of the time you'll just start with Draco Meteor, since that move followed by Brick Break/Crunch/Dragon Rush/Fire Blast will pretty much everything except Blissey, Cresselia, Bronzong, Heatran, and Jirachi, and they can be taken out either with prediction, or damaging them slightly first, seeing as how Draco Meteor followed by X does like 80% to all of these guys anyways... In fact, if you were desperate for the kill, you could just take a status/hit from any of those 5 and finish them off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)