The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Belichick Brady reminding us why theyre GOAT

Taking the wind instead of the ball vs Peyton Manning in OT, and the best win of the season to keep them in the race for the #1 seed. Patriots fans are truly blessed to watch these guys in action, other coaches dont even consider choices like that.

Yeah, brady was epic forcing those 4 TOs to win the game. Fucking asinine comments. You're not a goat for putting average stats against a bad defense and winning at home. Jesus the overreactions are so painful.

the Falcons were never deep, that's why people were clamoring about how their Super Bowl window was closing. joke's on them, it was apparently obviously closed!

The Falcons were deep before they gave up massively too much for a single player at a single position, same with Redskins. Julio Jones was a move I felt was incredibly stupid at the time, and I stand by that conviction until something proves me wrong. You have to assume a WR is Jerry Rice to throw that much at him, no other WR has ever added enough to a team to throw anything away for. Randy Moss is someone I think people are going to come away based on the statistics believing was the #2 best WR ever, when he wore out his welcome with every team.

Getting a QB is important. Having good WRs is a nice luxury. Keeping two great lines built with decent or better schemes will always keep a team competitive!

My point was that turnarounds come fast for reasons that can be very hard to grasp. In the NFL, with teams basically turning over 90% of their roster every 4-5 years, you might as well always believe next season will be the one to work out.

After watching the Redskins play, I'm convinced that the Federal Government isn't the most depressing thing in Washington.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Belichick Brady reminding us why theyre GOAT

Taking the wind instead of the ball vs Peyton Manning in OT, and the best win of the season to keep them in the race for the #1 seed. Patriots fans are truly blessed to watch these guys in action, other coaches dont even consider choices like that.
Shut the fuck up every coach in the league would think about that decision. 20 MPH Winds means you can't make a field goal unless you're already licking the goalpost, and Peyton had been struggling all day in the wind (To the tune of <55% 150 yards 2TDs and an Int). Obvious decision is horrendously fucking obvious.

Yeah, brady was epic forcing those 4 TOs to win the game. Fucking asinine comments. You're not a goat for putting average stats against a bad defense and winning at home. Jesus the overreactions are so painful.
The butthurt seems to be strong within your heart.

Brady: 68% 350 yards 3 TDs 0 interceptions in 20 mph wind. YEAH TOTES AVERAGE, GUY.

And at this point I can very easily with tremendous confidence declare Brady the G.O.A.T. in shitty weather.

Actually, Del Rio inexplicably chose to go with the wind in the 3rd quarter (when the Broncos were just going to run anyway), allowing the patriots to be with it in the 4th to complete their comeback. So while you would expect an intelligent human being to realize how big of a factor 20 MPH winds are, the two coaches did not seem to be equally aware of it on Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)