Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illuminate would be a better ability if it increased the odds of you encountering rare pokemon in game. And I would love keen eye a lot more if the pokemon that had it always had 100% accuarcy for all moves except for OHKO moves. This would greatly benefit Pidgeot and Hitmonchan, who have always been interesting concepts but lacking in several areas that make them less used.

I sorta wonder why it never did that in the first place. It makes just as much sense, and even in a metagame where OHKO moves AREN'T banned the ability as it was was terribly situtational.

Steadfast Salamence? Even with somewhat equal abilities (Dragonite Inner Focus) Salamence still gets the better one aaaahhh

We could probably also get abilities for all legendary trios.

Example would be Ice Body Regice, Solid Rock Regirock and... whatever Registeel.
Nice ability.

A lot of great news today. New abilities, new effects, TMS ARE REUSABLE (maybe that means no HMs? After all, being reusable was one of their main things)... Unfortunately, I don't think Illuminate or anything else in the issue got a boost, though, since it apparently doesn't mention if Illuminate had any improvements, whereas it DID mention Sturdy's change. Losing hope again, but seeing full art of Miruhog is so cool. He's so awesome.

Also, I have a gut feeling this morning's Wakoishi is probably fake.
You can't forget, after all, that this wasn't the master document. Plus, I don't think HMs won't exist, but if they don't, then that would be even better ^.~
EDIT: That's because Salamence is just that epic

You can't forget, after all, that this wasn't the master document. Plus, I don't think HMs won't exist, but if they don't, then that would be even better ^.~
Actually, it WAS the Master Document. "Master" was just a mistranslation of "Origin" according to Pokejungle. So I guess that's wrong, there is no Master Document period.

I just realized there was no mention of Dento's and Aloe's types. And their gimmicks don't seem to really tip me off. Maybe we have... typeless gyms? Or maybe not. I'm probably just jumping to conclusions, like with the "no HMs since TMs are reusable" thing.

What, I thought this was going to be the master document? There is one more issue of CoroCoro before the release of the games? So that issue is gonna be the real "omg info overload"?

Reusable TMs. I welcome this, to say the least.

Sturdy is finally good.

Windstorm is a damaging move it seems. Hopefully it's special, Moltres will be happy if so.

Hydration Vaporeon for Ubers?

What, I thought this was going to be the master document? There is one more issue of CoroCoro before the release of the games? So that issue is gonna be the real "omg info overload"?
This was the "Origin Document". "Master" Document was apparently just a mistranslation. The next issue is the "Advanced Document".

Speaking of Abilities, how about a reversion ability ?

Example: Gyarados vs Desukan( My favorite Gen V so far). Gyarados uses DD, but because King Tut's Ability, gyarados lower his own atk and spe instead of raising them.

Scary,isn't ?
Example: Salamence vs Desukan. Salamence uses draco meteor, but because King Tut's Ability, Salamence raises his special attack by 2 stages instead of lowering them.

Even more scary, isn't.

I'd assume so; the games come out on September 18th in Japan, while CoroCoro "officially" releases the 15th of every month (iirc).

Example: Salamence vs Desukan. Salamence uses draco meteor, but because King Tut's Ability, Salamence raises his special attack by 2 stages instead of lowering them.

Even more scary, isn't.
I think he means it would only reverse abilities, example, Heatran's firepower would weaken when hit by a fire type move, electivire would lose speed when hit by thunderbolt, vaporeon would lose 25% when hit by a water type attack.

Actually, it WAS the Master Document. "Master" was just a mistranslation of "Origin" according to Pokejungle. So I guess that's wrong, there is no Master Document period.

I just realized there was no mention of Dento's and Aloe's types. And their gimmicks don't seem to really tip me off. Maybe we have... typeless gyms? Or maybe not. I'm probably just jumping to conclusions, like with the "no HMs since TMs are reusable" thing.
I know what I read:
Also, next month there will be a “Advanced Document” that comes with Corocoro. This month’s document was actually mistranslated and is actually called the “Origin Document” which is why it seemed it didn’t live up to the Mater Document name.

EDIT: @Wishy- This was the Origni Document, next one will be the advance one, which I think will have more info, based on the name, but that's just me..

Give scizor flash fire....
That's really dumb and pointless. Scizor uses Technician for a 90 BP Bullet Punch. His primary function is a revenge killer that can also sweep with priority once an enemy has their team softened up. He wouldn't be nearly as good without Stab Technician Bullet Punch.

I'll die before that happens, and if it does, UBER IMMEDIATELY
Did you not play the game until after Scizor got STAB Technician Bullet Punch? Scizor was not prominent at all until after that point. It it literally technician that makes him such a threat. Flash Fire would do nothing but make him weaker.

So is this stupid rumor that pokemon can get any ability true?.

If so pokemon people will just start abusing.
I've yet to hear that rumor. We are talking about alternate abilities that can only be gotten from Pokemon in the dream world. Nobody has claimed that a Pokemon can get any ability.

So is this stupid rumor that pokemon can get any ability true?.

If so pokemon people will just start abusing.
Where in the world did you get that rumor from? There will be abilities some Pokemon can get only in the Dream World, so Pokemon will have new abilities and Vaporeon was an example, and I believe Serebii has posted that you can pass on the Dream World-exclusive abilities via breeding. But nothing as far as I know says any Pokemon can have any ability.

EDIT: scoured his post again and didn't see that. Either he took it down or it wasn't there to begin with and my mind is playing tricks on me.

That's really dumb and pointless. Scizor uses Technician for a 90 BP Bullet Punch. His primary function is a revenge killer that can also sweep with priority once an enemy has their team softened up. He wouldn't be nearly as good without Stab Technician Bullet Punch.

Did you not play the game until after Scizor got STAB Technician Bullet Punch? Scizor was not prominent at all until after that point. It it literally technician that makes him such a threat. Flash Fire would do nothing but make him weaker.
Well Scizor could more easily abuse U-turn and could actually counter Heatran, Rotom-H, and several others. It wouldn't have to fear Will-o-Wisp or Overheat from them, but it is an absurd prospect nonetheless.

Well Scizor could more easily abuse U-turn and could actually counter Heatran, Rotom-H, and several others. It wouldn't have to fear Will-o-Wisp or Overheat from them, but it is an absurd prospect nonetheless.
Yeah it could abuse U-turn more easily and that is about it. It is slow otherwise and relies on priority to sweep and revenge kill. If you want a team based on U-turning it would be more useful. If you want a slow Pokemon that can't sweep or revenge kill then go ahead and use Flash Fire Scizor.

Of course I played the fucking game -__- It's not like Scizor can't switch in to Heatran and run a set like this: SD, Iron Head, X-Scissors, Superpower. It's not like a Scizor with Technician has NO potential.

Of course I played the fucking game -__- It's not like Scizor can't switch in to Heatran and run a set like this: SD, Iron Head, X-Scissors, Superpower. It's not like a Scizor with Technician has NO potential.
And you think that set would make Scizor Uber?

Switching in on Heatran and getting a free SD would not suddenly make him overpowered enough to be Uber.

Yeah a flash fire Scizor has potential, but its role is entirely different from Technician Scizor. Technician Scizor is OU. Another type of Scizor might not fare so well.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey, something else just occurred to me (yes I'm slow today). If TMs are reusable this time, then we only need one of them, which means... they won't be held by pokémon anymore. Surely the pokémon that come from PokéShifter will also have to not have held TMs. With this, we can infer that the TM list will be renewed.

Why are we even talking about this? Scizor would not get Flash Fire, like, ever. It doesn't fit any aspect of it, especially flavor-wise.

@Ericcc: It was a Pokemon shown in the demo. It has not yet been formally revealed.

@MWL: !!! Hmmm... maybe. I don't think it's definitive but it's reassuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)