My first RMT in a while.

Well I havn't played the game for a short while. So I've been trying UU as of now, and I've found the tier to be very different than before. Most notably the lack of Gallade (but not Raikou!?) and the inclusion Cresselia (WHAT!? Why was that even considered!?). So I had to make a brand new team since them. I've found that heavy offence doesn't seem to work anymore because of Cress. So I had to try something different. Well enough talking. Here you go.
------------------------------

@ Spooky Plate
Quiet, Pressure
EV: 244 HP, 48 Att, 12 Spe, Sp. Att
Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak
Pursuit
HP (fighting), HP (Rock)

Why:
I used to use Ambipom to stop Froslass, but I've found it to only stop her temperarily. She at times, come in later and set up her 3 layer of spikes. So I needed a lead that can destroy her. I've recently came across this Spiritomb on the creative thread on the UU thing. It caught my eye almost instantly. Here are some calculations. Here what Shadow Ball can do.

Shadow Ball vs. 252 / 4 Uxie: 58.19% - 69.49%
Shadow Ball vs. 252 / 0 Alakazam: 95.54% - 100%
Shadow Ball vs. 248 / 0 Froslass: 100% (!)
Shadow Ball vs. 252 / 4 Omastar: 50.87% - 60.17%
Shadow Ball vs. 252 / 96 Cloyster: 67.11% - 79.28%
Shadow Ball vs. 252 / 0 Spiritomb: 40.46 - 47.70%
Shadow Ball vs. 192 / 0 Arcanine: 42.55% - 50.41%
Shadow Ball vs. 252 / 0 Donphan: 51.04% - 60.42%

With power like that, how could I refuse? I tested him out right away, and got immediate results. Sure Froslass might get 1 spikes down, but that's all it's getting down.

Moves:
Shadow Ball is it's main attack. You saw the calcs and what it can do. Shadow Sneak is to get rid of those sash survivors. Pursuit hurts Ambipom as as he tries to taunt or U-turn (Uxie is also hurt if it tries to U-turn). I'm not sure what to do with HP. Who do you think is better to hit? Random steel types or Moltres?

EVs:
The EVs are tailored to provide strong damage output physically and specially. With 244 HP EVs, Spiritomb will always survive Moltres's Life Orb boosted Fire Blast at full health. 12 Speed EVs allow Spiritomb to outpace Steelix and Slowbro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@ Life Orb
Adament, Technician
EV: 252 HP/ Att, 4 Def
Fake Out
Mach Punch
Close Combat
Bullet Punch, Foresight, ???

Why:
I've made great use of Scizor in OU. Technitop is little Scizor (Not you Scyther). Techitop is a fantastic late-game sweeper and revenge killer. Top has huge amounts of power and ignore any scarf and rock polish.

Moves:
Fake Out gets some damage and causes flinch. Mach punch is standard and is my main attack move. I chose Close Combat over Revenge for the immediate power. The last move is very questionable for me. Bullet Punch hits ghosts. However, It does pitiful damage on Spiritomb. Which is why I thought of the idea of using Foresight on Top. Here are some damage calcs after foresight.

Mach Punch vs (4/0) Mismagius 65.3% - 77.1%
Mach Punch vs (4/0) Rotom 58.3% - 68.6%
Mach Punch vs (252/252) Spiritomb 51.3% - 61.2%
Mach Punch vs (252/240) Froslass 87.8% - 103.5%
Close Combat vs All the above 100%
Close Combat vs (252/252) Rotom 62.5% - 74%

Respectful damage here. All 2HKO. I have to be careful of Wow though. If you have other ideas though, please suggest them if you like.

EVs:
Standard. Max HP for bulk. Max Att for damage. The rest put into defence for extra bulk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@ Leftovers
Calm, Magic Guard
EV: 252 HP/ Sp.Def, 4 Def
Toxic
Encore
Softboiled
Seismic Toss

Why:
Cresselia, obviously, hits the UU teir likes storm. So if you don't have a way to stop them, you're going to have a hard time. Clefable is my main answer to Cress and any set-up abusers like Raikou, Spiritomb, Registeel, and Rotom. Clefable is also sort of my special wall. Taking special attacks like a beast. Which is great because most common set up pokemon are special attackers.

Moves:
Encore forces them to continue to set up their moves. Then I can use Toxic; which is a threat to either the ecored pokemon or the switch-in. Softboiled heals Clefable quicker than Wish. Finally, Seismic Toss is, in my opinion, the best attack for Clefable as it breaks most subs and doesn't have to deal with to defence boost from curse and calm mind.

EV:
Max HP and Sp.Def to make Clefable the most specially bulky as possible. The rest was put into Def for bulk. I've been thinking about moving some Sp.Def EVs to Def, but I'm not sure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@ Toxic Orb
Jolly, Guts
EV: 40 HP, 252 Att, 216 Spe
Brave Bird
Facade
Quick Attack
U-Turn

Why:
Another late-game sweeper, and an early game scout. Swellow has plenty of speed. Which is it's largest assest on the team. Able to outspeed Raikou, Sceptile, and anything slower then them. Swellow's toxic orb also allows him to be a status absorber after the orb's activation.

Moves:
Brave Bird is Sellow's strongest attack before orb's activation. Facade is strongest after the activation. Quick attack picks off weakened opponets and causes a good number of sucker punches to fail. Finally, U-Turn allows me to scout while causing some damage.

EVs:
Max Att for max damage. 216 Spe is to outspeed Sceptile and anything slower. The rest was put into HP to add survival while still holding an odd HP.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@ Leftovers
Impish, Solid Rock
EV: 244 HP, 184 Def, 80 Sp.Def
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock
Roar

Why:
Rhyperior is an awsome pokemon. He can set up stealth rock, phaze set-up, hit hard, get hit hard. He can do a lot of things. I needed a pokemon that can take a big hit, support the team, and hit hard himself. Rhyperior definatly fill those slots well. Rhyperior takes many hits that can harm many of my pokemons from certain pokemons like Swellow and Ambipom. Plus, with Roar, I've stopped my opponet from sweeping me. Rhyperior has been the MVP of many of my matches.

Moves:
Earthquake and Stone Edge is for double STAB and great coverage. Stealth Rock helps my team kill other pokemons. Roar is great as a phazing move, a scouting move, and a SR damage racker. As mentioned earlier, Roar has saved my butt from being sweept on many occasions.

EVs:
HP, Def, and Sp.Def is for obvious bulk. Even with no Att EVs, Rhypeiors EQ has a chance to 2HKO Registeel and Chansey with stealth Rock. So I was thinking of moving some of the Sp.Def EVs to Att to cause more damage. Any suggestions?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@ Life Orb
Mild, Overgrow
EV: 64 HP, 164 Att, 184 Spe, 96 Sp.Att
Sleep Powder
Power Whip
Sludge Bomb
Leech Seed

Why:
I decided I needed a good wall-breaker like pokemon. I also thought I needed a Toxic Spikes absorber to help that weakness. Venusaur's mixed attacker set that I think I've come across in the UU thread has caught my attention. It destroys many physical and special walls. He also can put a dangerous foe to sleep if I time powder correctly. He even has a reliable way to heal while still harming his foes. He does a lot.

Moves:
Sleep Powder puts his foes to sleep (Obviously). Power Whip is his main attack. Harming many walls with lots of damage. Sludge Bomb gives it a nice secondary STAB and hurt lots of foes (as long as their not steel types). Leech Seed is an effective move. It heals Venusaur while still sapping life from my foes. It's especially helpful in harming bulks that isn't easily killed by its attacks like Registeel and Cresselia.

EVs:
The EV spread is designed to milk as much out of Venusaur as possible. The Attack EVs guarantee 2HKOs on Slowbro and Chansey with Power Whip, while the Special Attack EVs grant Venusaur a clean OHKO on Sceptile and other Grass-types who may try to wall this set. I've had thoughts of maxing speed to tie/ outspeed threats, but I'm not sure.
------------------------------

Well that's my team. What do you think of it?

Threat List (Stolen from Smurf.'s RMT)

Black means not troublesome at all.
Orange means it'll cause some mild problems.
Red means something is going down, maybe the whole team.

- Spiritomb can 2HKO it with HP fighting and Pursuit. Rhyperior easily takes Low Kick and inflicts pain on Ambipom. Hitmontop mach punches to death.
- Spiritomb and Swellow
- Spiritomb if it has HP fighting. Rhyperior can kill with EQ or phaze RP style with Roar. Hitmontop destroys if there isn't a sub
- Tend to play around with it with Venusaur and Clefable. However, Rhyperior kills it with Stone Edge.
- Using Swellow is fun as quick attack lets me attack while causing sucker punch to fail. Top is also failed to be killed by sucker punch and destroy with mach punch.
- Rhyperior if no HP grass. Don't have any easier way to KO. Never had any big problems with it.
- I hate aqua jet. Venusaur destroy if he avoids ice punch.
- Venusaur and Clefable has fun with this guy.
- No safe switch-ins. Rhyperior, Swellow, and Hitmontop easily kills it though. Might have to sack someone to get rid of him.
- Hitmontop, Swellow, Rhyperior, and Venusaur.
- see Chansey
- Have to be careful. Clefable stops cold usualy. Rhyperior and Venusaur can phaze and cripple respectivly if have to. Still have to be careful though.
- Spiritomb and Venusaur.
- Spiritomb, Venusaur, and Hitmontop
- Venusaur
- Rhyperior stops this guy. Swellow outspeeds and inflicts big damage if orb is activated.
- Spiritomb and Rhyperior. Clefable can mess with set up.
- Dangerous based on when thrown in. I hate to lose Clefable. Havn't run into one yet.
- Venusaur. Danger if it sets up.
- Spiritomb, Hitmontop, and Rhyperior.
- Spiritomb can stop fighting move. Sleep talk varients are especially dangerous.
- Spiritomb stops fighting moves. Swellow is a danger to if sucker punch isn't used. Top revenge kills.
- Technitop: Spiritomb. Foresight RP: Swellow.
- Hitmontop
- Hitmontop and Venusaur.
- Venusaur. Clefable can stall if not rest-talk varients.
- Venusaur and Sellow
- Rain is a highly danderous assest for Ludicolo. Venasaur and Swellow if no rain.
- Spiritomb and Clefable
- Venusaur. Clefable can stall.
- Hitmontop (Especially with foresight), spiritomb, and Swellow.
- Tomb can put in KO rang if it has HP Rock. Rhyperior can kill if it doesn't have HP grass (Which isn't highly possible). Clefable can out-stall the satll version. Nothing can safely switch in without still being in danger.
- Rhyperior? Never faced one.
- Same as Nidoking.
- Venusaur and Hitmontop.
- Encore can certainly be annoying. Venusaur and Swellow don’t have problems though
- Hitmontop destroy. Swellow can kill non-scarf.
- Venusaur and Swellow. Different story under rain.
- Venusaur. Rhyperior stops all without HP water or grass. Clefable disrupts all set up.
- Venusaur, Rhyperior, and hitmontop.
- Venusaur, Rhyperior, and Hitmontop.
- Venusaur, Rhyperior, and Hitmontop. Spiritomb if have to.
- Spiritomb and Hitmontop (if have foresight).
- Swellow, Hitmontop, and Venusaur.
- Rhyperior destroys. Hitmontop harms with Fake Out. Spiritomb kills if with HP rock.
- Venusaur, Spiritomb, and Clefable.
- Hitmontop (with foresight). Clefable stops set up.
- Hitmontop and Rhyperior.
- Rhyperior is a good check. Hitmontop revenge kills.
- Venusaur. Clefable can stall if not put to sleep.
- RP might hurt. Havn't faced one yet, but I know it would hurt. Swellow hurts non-RP.
- Swellow. Spiritomb can harm it a bit.
- Clefable stops set up. Venusaur can mess around with one with Sleep Powder and Leech Seed.
- Spiritomb.
- Slower saurs can be slept. Swellow kill non scarf and even some scarfs based on move.
- ...I'm not sure...never faced one...hm...

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, I'd rather you changed Hitmontop to a Spinner. The reason? You whole team is raped by spikes, and Swellow gets hurt by SR. This way, you don't have too much difficulty against stall. Plus, Intimidate will help against some of those threats in the threat list.
The problem is, changing it to a spinner makes your team horribly weak to Rain Dance. So it comes down to whether you fear Spikes or not.

Also, definitely move Rhyperiors SpDef EVs to Atk.

What is the team plan? A late game sweep by Swellow? In that case, you're not doing it right. You'll want to have Spikes support, and probably Dugtrio.

Judging from your threat list, you need a bulky water like Milotic - it stops all your threats except Torterra. However, Im not sure where to put it - possibly over Venusaur?

Well, I'd rather you changed Hitmontop to a Spinner. The reason? You whole team is raped by spikes, and Swellow gets hurt by SR. This way, you don't have too much difficulty against stall. Plus, Intimidate will help against some of those threats in the threat list.
The problem is, changing it to a spinner makes your team horribly weak to Rain Dance. So it comes down to whether you fear Spikes or not.

Also, definitely move Rhyperiors SpDef EVs to Atk.

What is the team plan? A late game sweep by Swellow? In that case, you're not doing it right. You'll want to have Spikes support, and probably Dugtrio.

Judging from your threat list, you need a bulky water like Milotic - it stops all your threats except Torterra. However, Im not sure where to put it - possibly over Venusaur?
Thanks for your rate.

I've almost never had a problem with spikes since the only spiker is Froslass who is OHKO by Spiritomb. However, Foresight has proven useful...when I actually have the chance to use it and the opponet doesn't run...oh well it was a good when it was used. I'm testing of trying a technitop Rapid Spin combo. I'm not too worry about ghost because of Spiritomb and Clefable.

Definatly moving Sp.Def to Att.

I'll test the Life Orb Tank Milotic over Venusaur and see what it's like.

By the way, I don't aim for a Swellow sweep. Swellow actually done more as a speedy check/ scout/ hole puncher pokemon. Although I have pulled a late-game sweep every now and then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)